Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banterboy)
    numbers are part of the patriarchy
    Isn't everything?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone recommend me good (read: not Malcolm Gladwell), accessible psychology books which are neither by Daniel Kahneman nor actually behavioural economics books?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/..._id=sf29845632

They say despite turmoil, should this not be the sort of thing the government should have been doing before the referendum in case, as actually happened, we do leave so there is that project ongoing when there is greatest risk to the economy, helping stimulate the economy given the projects jsut shy of 1% of GDP. If we hadn't left, well it needs doing anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What !!!! The SNP are going to ask to become the official opposition in the commons !!! This is unacceptable...... They are the 3rd not the second largest party ....disgusting
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    What !!!! The SNP are going to ask to become the official opposition in the commons !!! This is unacceptable...... They are the 3rd not the second largest party ....disgusting
    You say that but actually the SNP parliamentary party leader has the support of at least 55 other MPs while Jeremy only has the support of 40 MPs. They also claim that labour MP's prefer them to Jeremy so it is somewhat reasonable.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Moody's downgrades British banks. British bank stocks rise for 2nd day in a row. Does anybody care about ratings agencies these days?

And non expectation of a rate rise from the fed until 2018 between brexit and the presidential elections

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Decent campaign speech from Crabb , although I don't think I would back him
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Decent campaign speech from Crabb , although I don't think I would back him
    You wouldn't back anyone unless they were Thatcher
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    well, he did have a thing for Osborne, and now May
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    #BringbackThatcher

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    well, he did have a thing for Osborne, and now May
    He doesn't fit the door

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Good to hear Corbyn on PMQs earlier being all "the economy is doomed" and then Cameron responding by saying "we will make sure it happens"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ed Miliband calls for corbyn to go in The words of Cameron " For Heavens sake man , Go "
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Tomorrow the FTSE 100 may break recent pre brexit levels, 250 Friday or next week the way things are going

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    He doesn't fit the door

He looks as if he's in the process of falling over backwards there - a bit like his economic policies!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    He looks as if he's in the process of falling over backwards there - a bit like his economic policies!
    Like Micheal Gove ?

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    From the hard-line eurosceptic camp Dr Liam Fox has declared he will stand for Conservative Party leadership.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    People are pushing for the US to start negotiations with the UK, and there have been criticisms from Congress of Obama's position ever since he visited; Iceland very quickly started considering `a trade deal; the Indian finance minister indicates a desire to finally enter into a FTA with a European nation; Australia and New Zealand might be teaming up to negotiate a FTA (and the latter is offering us some of their top trade negotiators); Ghana almost immediately started preparing to enter into talks; the Canadian PM wishes to deepen ties and Canada is reported to have approached the FCO; Mexico has already drafted a deal; Switzerland is very open to us returning to EFTA with only Norway potentially taking issue and I expect would otherwise engage in negotiations; and South Korea have also already formally approached us to engage in negotiations.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    People are pushing for the US to start negotiations with the UK, and there have been criticisms from Congress of Obama's position ever since he visited; Iceland very quickly started considering `a trade deal; the Indian finance minister indicates a desire to finally enter into a FTA with a European nation; Australia and New Zealand might be teaming up to negotiate a FTA (and the latter is offering us some of their top trade negotiators); Ghana almost immediately started preparing to enter into talks; the Canadian PM wishes to deepen ties and Canada is reported to have approached the FCO; Mexico has already drafted a deal; Switzerland is very open to us returning to EFTA with only Norway potentially taking issue and I expect would otherwise engage in negotiations; and South Korea have also already formally approached us to engage in negotiations.
    I will add to this when I find the right article that South Africa has stated its intention to enter talks with the UK following Brexit, and the FTSE 100 is now above its pre-Brexit level.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I will add to this when I find the right article that South Africa has stated its intention to enter talks with the UK following Brexit, and the FTSE is now above its pre-Brexit level.
    And the 250 is on track to be at pre brexit levels on Friday, or perhaps only just missing it. Last time 100 was at this level was 20th April. 10 year GILTs remain at record lows of ~095%, sterling has delcined slightly over the last few hours but is still gaining at a rate of nearly 1.5 cent a day against the dollar and half that on the Euro

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.