Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Gustavo looking likely. Fee set to be between £14-18m. Really good signing. Not only for one position but he started his career as a left-back and has also played at CB in Germany. Gives us some much needed steel in midfield and could lead to more creativity. If he's in the team, he could be used as a third CB which frees another midfielder to go forward.
    I wouldn't get too excited about Gustavo yet. It'd be great but I'm pretty sure all the news stories (yes stories) are just sloppy journalists jumping on hearsay. Lots of papers reporting on the same thing doesn't make it any more likely, just means lots of papers are happy to report something just cos somebody else is.

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2...ernet-rumours/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    I wouldn't get too excited about Gustavo yet. It'd be great but I'm pretty sure all the news stories (yes stories) are just sloppy journalists jumping on hearsay. Lots of papers reporting on the same thing doesn't make it any more likely, just means lots of papers are happy to report something just cos somebody else is.

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2...ernet-rumours/
    that's an old article btw but I agree the radio Quotes seem fake. Lots of Bundesliga experts on twitter such as Raphael Honigstein have confirmed Arsenal are in for Gustavo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    that's an old article btw but I agree the radio Quotes seem fake. Lots of Bundesliga experts on twitter such as Raphael Honigstein have confirmed Arsenal are in for Gustavo.
    It's only a day old but the point is that any articles claiming a 14mil deal is close that have come out since then, are obviously just further rehashes.

Anyway it could be true and I hope so I'm just saying that just cos a lot of articles suddenly came out about it, people shouldn't think it's especially credible and shouldn't get overexcited talking about things like how jealous spurs might be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    #FreeSuarez
    #Solo, Suarez only lives once.
    Should wear it on their shirts before their next game. Lol... Still can't believe that was a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    #Solo, Suarez only lives once.
    Should wear it on their shirts before their next game. Lol... Still can't believe that was a thing.
    :rofl: still got people in london wearing t shirts like that. Haven't seen that in liverpool for some time though.
    Oh and cool sigs.

ReputationRep:
    http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/

Outstanding article on the Swiss Ramble on Arsenal's finances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Precisely.

Why would Cavani put his reputation at stake to lie for a compatriot. It would surely be better to shut up if he wasn't 100% sure.

Suarez didn't say Juve, but that he 'turned down an opportunity to move to a big European club'.
    It was Juventus - and they were offering less than £20m - so he never had an opportunity to turn them down. As a deal was never going to happen at that price.

ReputationRep:
    A few good sources are now confirming we're in for Gustavo including Sky Sports and The Telegraph. No idea who/what their sources are but they're not quoting the bloody Metro if that counts. I really hope this deal goes through. He'd be a great DM for us and should we get a bit thin at CB - and at this rate that's going to happen - he could slot into defense with Arteta playing his current role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    A few good sources are now confirming we're in for Gustavo including Sky Sports and The Telegraph. No idea who/what their sources are but they're not quoting the bloody Metro if that counts. I really hope this deal goes through. He'd be a great DM for us and should we get a bit thin at CB - and at this rate that's going to happen - he could slot into defense with Arteta playing his current role.
    Just seen it on Sky Sports myself but a little worried that other clubs are also reportedly interested. The Bayern CEO says teams from Spain, Germany and Russia want him, with Napoli also apparently now coming in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    SSN reporting the Gustavo story, guess it's more concrete than I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Just seen it on Sky Sports myself but a little worried that other clubs are also reportedly interested. The Bayern CEO says teams from Spain, Germany and Russia want him, with Napoli apparently now coming in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is a bit concerning I agree, I think Wenger needs to be ruthless here. The prices being touted are good for somebody of his quality and it's a position we could do with strengthening. Could just be the Bayern CEO trying to drive up the price, however.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he said:

"Luiz has offers from England, Spain, Russia and Germany. The player has not made a decision."

Not sure who those offers are from. I'd be surprised if he elected to go to Russia, and staying in Germany would seem unusual when moving away from the best team there. Depends who in Spain is in for him. It's definitely possible. Having quite a few German speaking players, as well as a German-speaking manager may help us, although he probably has decent Spanish too so. Who knows.

Would be universally welcomed, I think. Ramsey has been really top in that hard-working midfield role for the last 3 months imo, but it's such a high energy role that we need more people doing it, putting their body about and winning the ball. He'd be great. (and a lot of experience too)

ReputationRep:
    Sky sports are just getting in on the act. They're no anymore reliable than the rest.

Rummenigie has been known to speak hot air.

ReputationRep:
    BBC are reporting that Kicker are saying Gustavo prefers a move to Wolfsburg.

I'm pretty sure Kicker are known for speaking a lot of **** though.

ReputationRep:
    Rambo withdraws from Wales squad. Brilliant. Come on Jack, do the same thing already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Sky sports are just getting in on the act. They're no anymore reliable than the rest.

Rummenigie has been known to speak hot air.
    Exactly. Half of these articles are reporting that on saturday Wenger confirmed our interest, yet most of them don't have a single quote from Wenger on that. The ones that do, are using his quote from the post man city game where he said

"There is nothing concrete – at the moment.

“We want to play 55 games this *season and I think we are a little bit thin squad-wise."

But a) that was responding to a general question about new signings - Gustavo wasn't mentioned at all!
    and b) that's him saying "There is nothing concrete"

So how that leads to stories that a gustavo deal is imminent in the next few days is this: Journalists make almost everything up.

ReputationRep:
    Gustavo will end up at the more promising Napoli with the Boss that is Rafa.

So... Unlucky I guess guys.

ReputationRep:
    "The Premier League is a great competition. Arsenal have a lot of tradition. Need a team that has space to play,"-LG

Source: http://www.espn.com.br/noticia/34834...=1376308219266

ReputationRep:
    It does seem like he's keen to come here but that doesn't mean that Wenger's actually in for him! Let's just be patient and hope he is.

"The Premier League is a great competition. Arsenal has lots of tradition. I need a team that has space to play"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    It does seem like he's keen to come here but that doesn't mean that Wenger's actually in for him! Let's just be patient and hope he is.

"The Premier League is a great competition. Arsenal has lots of tradition. I need a team that has space to play"
    Sounds more like United than Arsenal

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.