Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Well if you're in uni you'll get Education discount of 14% if you order from Apple I believe.
    I'm in uni so that would be a massive help! So that means I could get it for around £645. Thanks, I must look into that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Quick question guys, I live in zone 3, I want to get into zone 4 but the zone 4 is very far away. Will I have to pay for a zone 1-4 or will it be a zone 3-4 price?
    Surely you'd only need to pay 3-4 price if you're only travelling between zones 3 and 4? Zone 1-4 will cover everything between.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Surely you'd only need to pay 3-4 price if you're only travelling between zones 3 and 4? Zone 1-4 will cover everything between.
    I have to go inside central london.

Basically from east london to north london, but there's no line inbetween. Think I'll just have to take the L.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Oh I don't disagree, but what generation do you draw the line? Should someone like Danny Welbeck (born in Manchester to Ghanaian parents), Raheem Sterling (born in Jamaica) or Saido Berahino (who arrived here as an immigrant) not consider themselves to be British?
    Yeah it gets hazy there I admit. There's no real clear cut answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    This is what i've got so far, if anyone has any name suggestions or some new awards fire away. I'll make a thread next week.

The Diego Costa Award - IceJJFish(II)
    The Nadine Kessler Award - Lyrical Prodigy
    The Cristiano Ronaldo Award - FKLW
    The Mario Balotelli Award - The Assassin
    The Jose Mourinho Award – SoInstinct
    The Gary Neville Award - The Assassin
    The Jonathan Wilson Award - Qua
    The Marco Reus Award - Jam277
    The David Moyes Award – Eboracum, naturally
    The TSR d'Or - AR_95
    Mods can't be voted, sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Mario Gotze Award- Posters who defect from their club

Ravel Morrison Award- Posters who wasted knowledge, instead choosing to troll and display bitterness against certain clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Mods can't be voted, sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm the one organising it , so obviously i'm not gonna vote

Thread of the year maybe? So Instinct's Arsenal meltdown thread was quite funny.

ReputationRep:
    award for most missed old thread pls to also award for most hated member too pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Thread of the year maybe? So Instinct's Arsenal meltdown thread was quite funny.
    That's gotta be up there :laugh: Did nobody make a Liverpool related thread towards the end of the PL season? Surely that would've been comedy gold...

ReputationRep:
    The Mario Gotze Award- Posters who defect from their club

Ravel Morrison Award- Posters who wasted knowledge, instead choosing to troll and display bitterness against certain clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the Ravel Morrison award goes to between me and SUG.

But tbh I have one award in my sights and I think I won't get it.

It's not TSR d'or

ReputationRep:
    I think the Ravel Morrison award goes to between me and SUG.

But tbh I have one award in my sights and I think I won't get it.

It's not TSR d'or
    The Ravel Morrison award goes to someone else. You and I both know who it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2658529

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2654190

2 other golden threads :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The Ravel Morrison award goes to someone else. You and I both know who it is.
    Disagree as this is based on the premise that set poster actually has decent knowledge.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Forgot about the Mourinho/Pulis one :laugh:

Brazil v Germany thread was pretty funny as well. So many gifs/puns/memes.

ReputationRep:
    Disagree as this is based on the premise that set poster actually has decent knowledge.
    Fair point actually.

Could also make a Paul Pogba award- poster who made a controversial post but proved everyone wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Forgot about the Mourinho/Pulis one :laugh:

Brazil v Germany thread was pretty funny as well. So many gifs/puns/memes.

Jedinak and Matic both perform the same role. They intercept at roughly the same rate, Jedinak tackles significantly more (the only difference between the two players really, I guess Jedinak > £20m Matic), and they block shots, clear the ball and foul at roughly the same rate as well. Both are the fulcrum of the team, tasked with winning the ball back for their team and protecting their subpar defenders.
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Fair point actually.

Could also make a Paul Pogba award- poster who made a controversial post but proved everyone wrong.
    I'd win tbh. Pretty much called all the big games in the league(bar Arsenal vs Liverpool and the manchester derbies, also said we'll thrash Arsenal when others said we'll go for a 0-0)

ReputationRep:
    I'd win tbh. Pretty much called all the big games in the league(bar Arsenal vs Liverpool and the manchester derbies, also said we'll thrash Arsenal when others said we'll go for a 0-0)
    That's fair enough but we need proof, quotes etc for evidence (I believe you btw but others maybe won't)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough but we need proof, quotes etc for evidence (I believe you btw but others maybe won't)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I quoted 419 that Chelsea will thrash Arsenal, win 3-0 so not a 6-0 but with the teamsheets and Mourinho's record there was only one winner. He disagreed and said we'll park the bus and Arsenal will do the same.

I quoted the Liverpool Arsenal game and said that there was only one winner(liverpool in the 5-1 just go on the official match thread) due to their home record, Sturridge and Suarez going ham and Arsenal generally being big game bottlers away from home.

Also predicted a Chelsea win for months against Liverpool(SUG caught me up on this) and thought Liverpool and Chelsea were the only teams capable of beating City away.

However the pogba award isn't what I'm looking at, or the TSR d'or lol. I've been aiming for a specific award this year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so Pogba award is decided.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.