Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medici103)
    Was this for standard, GEM, or both?
    Good question.
    I applied to both and we were discussing my applications, so I expect it's both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    i saw ur old post... u have a 1st with 687 UKCAT?

good chance for Barts...last year they interviews 660 with 1st classes xx

Yes, that was me.
    Thank you- was that for GEM or undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtScience)
    Good question.
    I applied to both and we were discussing my applications, so I expect it's both.
    Thanks. So I guess that no-one wants to hear from Barts until after Christmas! Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtScience)
    Yes, that was me.
    Thank you- was that for GEM or undergrad?
    undergrad x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    undergrad x
    This forum is such a great community! Thank you for the info!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medici103)
    Thanks. So I guess that no-one wants to hear from Barts until after Christmas! Good luck with your application!
    Yes, agreed- just in the New Year! Good luck to you, too!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who has applied to Manchester got an email confirmation saying they're processing the application because I have got all of the other uni confirmations except that one? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvk19.)
    Has anyone who has applied to Manchester got an email confirmation saying they're processing the application because I have got all of the other uni confirmations except that one? Thanks
    I don't think Manchester send them bc all my friends applying to Manchester for medicine/dentistry haven't. Plus it says on UCAS that not all universities send them anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvk19.)
    I got an email saying thank you for applying and reminding me about the non-academic form x

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayasparkles)
    I got an email saying thank you for applying and reminding me about the non-academic form x
    I got that too and one from exeter as well. Nthn from KCL >.>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niraxas)
    I got that too and one from exeter as well. Nthn from KCL >.>
    I got one from KCL (undergrad) on 16 October and also access to their online portal. However, their whole IT system went down the next day so the fact that you haven't got anything may be due to the outage. The portal only came back to live earlier today, so I expect that you should be receiving it very soon.

ReputationRep:
    I just got rejected by Manchester through ucas it said "your personal statement does not reflect the requirements for this course" it's pretty early do they even have our ukcat results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    I just got rejected by Manchester through ucas it said "your personal statement does not reflect the requirements for this course" it's pretty early do they even have our ukcat results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's really odd! Did you maybe not send in the non-academic form or send it in late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crystalni)
    That's really odd! Did you maybe not send in the non-academic form or send it in late?
    Whats the non-academic form? i never got a confirmation letter from manchester that they had received my application so not sure what this form is

ReputationRep:
    Whats the non-academic form? i never got a confirmation letter from manchester that they had received my application so not sure what this form is
    Oh noo! That's the reason Manchester doesn't look at your PS, they want you to fill in this non-academic form instead with four different sections of 200 words each, on things like Teamwork and Motivation for Medicine etc. It's on their site on the entry requirements page for medicine. Nobody got a confirmation email, but I did get 2 emails telling me to fill out the form, 1 being a final reminder a few days ago. The deadline for submission was yesterday and they said they would automatically reject any applications that hadn't sent it in... That's what happened. What a shame How come you never got any emails about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crystalni)
    Oh noo! That's the reason Manchester doesn't look at your PS, they want you to fill in this non-academic form instead with four different sections of 200 words each, on things like Teamwork and Motivation for Medicine etc. It's on their site on the entry requirements page for medicine. Nobody got a confirmation email, but I did get 2 emails telling me to fill out the form, 1 being a final reminder a few days ago. The deadline for submission was yesterday and they said they would automatically reject any applications that hadn't sent it in... That's what happened. What a shame How come you never got any emails about it?
    Oh i should've mentioned earlier i applied for dentistry and i checked their website they didn't mention it on the dentistry page, but yeah never got an email about this letter anyway. Weird how i got rejected so early now im scared about my other 3 choices

ReputationRep:
    Oh i should've mentioned earlier i applied for dentistry and i checked their website they didn't mention it on the dentistry page, but yeah never got an email about this letter anyway. Weird how i got rejected so early now im scared about my other 3 choices
    Do you have two weeks WE in a dentist place? If that's not the reason then I'm confused as to what was wrong with your PS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's even stranger then if dentistry doesn't require the form... Why don't you check your PS on Track, have a read through it and look for anything weird maybe? I don't see how else you could get such a swift rejection when they might not even have received UKCAT scores yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Do you have two weeks WE in a dentist place? If that's not the reason then I'm confused as to what was wrong with your PS?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    On my PS I said that i shadowed dentists in various placements in India and England, and mentioned work experience in a dental laboratory and a hospital but i didnt explicitly say I did 2 weeks, I didn't think we would need to specifically say how long we shadowed dentists for, so i have no idea

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.