Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    From the hard-line eurosceptic camp Dr Liam Fox has declared he will stand for Conservative Party leadership.
    I think he would be nearly as bad as Boris Johnson, who would be easily the worst PM since Eden, or even Chamberlain.

At least in Scotland there may be a chance of escaping the Tories by voting for independence. **

ReputationRep:
    At least the England cricket team seem to be capable of winning, albeit in a limited overs match against a team who are not at their best.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Evening all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    People are pushing for the US to start negotiations with the UK, and there have been criticisms from Congress of Obama's position ever since he visited; Iceland very quickly started considering `a trade deal; the Indian finance minister indicates a desire to finally enter into a FTA with a European nation; Australia and New Zealand might be teaming up to negotiate a FTA (and the latter is offering us some of their top trade negotiators); Ghana almost immediately started preparing to enter into talks; the Canadian PM wishes to deepen ties and Canada is reported to have approached the FCO; Mexico has already drafted a deal; Switzerland is very open to us returning to EFTA with only Norway potentially taking issue and I expect would otherwise engage in negotiations; and South Korea have also already formally approached us to engage in negotiations.
    As members of the EU we already have deals with Switzerland and South Korea but it's good to hear the others, especially if we can include services.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    As members of the EU we already have deals with Switzerland and South Korea but it's good to hear the others, especially if we can include services.
    Ik we do, same with Ghana I believe, but that they are willing to ensure that it does not stop when we leave is a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not sure whether to hope Corbyn wins the leadership contest because he will be demolished in the general, or want Eagle to win because at least she should be okay at providing opposition before being demolished at the general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are these index figures adjusting to hold currency value constant?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Suggestions it might not be Eagle at all, but rather Owen Smith.

ReputationRep:
    Cnn stole my idea

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/29/op...he-51st-state/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    Evening all.
    Evening Birch, hope all is well.

As for the labour leadership talk in here Owen Smith might have gotten my vote before he resigned, but unlikely to now. Wouldn't be against supporting him as leader though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Micheal Gove to stand
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Leadsom Standing
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Micheal Gove to stand
    Has my backing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gove for Prime Minister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Micheal Gove to stand
    Already seen several teachers praying practically that he doesn't get it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Already seen several teachers praying practically that he doesn't get it
    Teachers are hardly a great metric for success, there is no such thing as a good Education Secretary for both teachers and everybody else. Then again teachers are hardly known for being intelligent and astute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Apparently MPs are abandoning Boris for Gove, and the Murdoch press is going to back him, quite possibly favourite by the weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    May definitely standing , Leader of the house backing leadership
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Possibly the funniest thing I've seen this week (actually second, beat is coming soon)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-Brexit.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    May has my backing .

Can't see Boris Winning now , Definitely between May and Gove

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.