The Insomniacs Society Watch

eliotkid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For the past week I've been sleeping on alternate days. Is this really unhealthy?
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by eliotkid)
For the past week I've been sleeping on alternate days. Is this really unhealthy?
It's not ideal, but it won't cause you any damage, at least not if it's a temporary thing. Is it through choice, or can't you sleep?
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not great for cognition due to sleep debt (IF THAT EXISTS!), but yeah, wouldn't be too good for your body in the looong term. Short-term is just gonna mess with your mood and thinking most likely.
outworn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by secretmessages)
Probably will be exhausted and no chance to nap, but I'll manage, I always do Worst that's ever happened was me falling asleep whilst standing up on the train home, my legs buckled and I made a complete fool of myself

Aww :hugs: I had similar, died off a while back now. Then I couldn't sleep for more than 3 hours a night during my later school years (apart from falling asleep in class :sigh:) and now I've kinda turned irreversibly nocturnal.
I fell asleep! :zomg:

Oh bless you :hugs:
Woo and yay for nocturnalness! :yeah:
secretmessages
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by souldoubt)
I fell asleep! :zomg:

Oh bless you :hugs:
Woo and yay for nocturnalness! :yeah:
:woo: I think it's my turn to sleep now, only three hours or so until dinner but I need it :nooo:

:five:
outworn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:woo: I think it's my turn to sleep now, only three hours or so until dinner but I need it :nooo:

:five:
Amazing, right? :excited:

Enjoy your sleep! :hugs:
eliotkid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not ideal, but it won't cause you any damage, at least not if it's a temporary thing. Is it through choice, or can't you sleep?
I needed to get lots of web development done (I'm so broke after backpacking!), so I just decided to stay up and get things done. My sleeping pattern has always been really weird - so it was a minor continuation, if anything
eliotkid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HearTheThunder)
Not great for cognition due to sleep debt (IF THAT EXISTS!), but yeah, wouldn't be too good for your body in the looong term. Short-term is just gonna mess with your mood and thinking most likely.
It's weird because I didn't feel that drained mentally when I was up. I had to do complex technical work and I managed fine. I think if you have a determined mindset for getting something done the tiredness doesn't hit you that much.

I dunno if I'd carry it on though. I read this article the other day which said you can easily get by with under 4 hours a day. Skeptical...
secretmessages
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by souldoubt)
Amazing, right? :excited:

Enjoy your sleep! :hugs:
All sleep is amazing :teeth:

Thanks, I did (kinda, far too hot and uncomfortable :nn:)

It's weird because I didn't feel that drained mentally when I was up. I had to do complex technical work and I managed fine. I think if you have a determined mindset for getting something done the tiredness doesn't hit you that much.

I dunno if I'd carry it on though. I read this article the other day which said you can easily get by with under 4 hours a day. Skeptical...
Not many people will be able to get by easily with 4 hours a day for a prolonged period of time. It's interesting though, I've looked into different sleep patterns in the past to see if any of them would suit me but I always just come to the conclusion that I'm completely random, have no body clock, and so I just sleep whenever I feel like it :p:
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm....this quite true sadly v_v

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...62966_460s.jpg

small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't you just hate the feeling of finding something out that you really didn't want to
Griffin23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wide awake again :sigh:
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Griffin23)
Wide awake again :sigh:
Snap!
Griffin23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by small&mighty)
Snap!
How are you? :holmes:
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How are you? :holmes:
I'm in the kind of mind frame where I don't know whether to laugh, be angry or just cry lol, but I'm okay absolutely shattered too but doubt I'll be sleeping for a few hours yet! How are you?
Griffin23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in the kind of mind frame where I don't know whether to laugh, be angry or just cry lol, but I'm okay absolutely shattered too but doubt I'll be sleeping for a few hours yet! How are you?
Ahh yes those states >_> never good

I'm ok just trying to get sleepy, failing at the moment
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ahh yes those states >_> never good

I'm ok just trying to get sleepy, failing at the moment
It is good in a way because I feel like I'm thinking clearer than I have in a while, if that makes sense?

Yeah I know what you mean, it's awful when you're wide awake at this time of day. It makes it more bearable if you at least feel sleepy!
Griffin23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It is good in a way because I feel like I'm thinking clearer than I have in a while, if that makes sense?

Yeah I know what you mean, it's awful when you're wide awake at this time of day. It makes it more bearable if you at least feel sleepy!
Yeah that makes sense :holmes:

I want to sleep:puppyeyes: want to be refreshed so I can watch the racing wide awake
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah that makes sense :holmes:

I want to sleep:puppyeyes: want to be refreshed so I can watch the racing wide awake
Not that it makes it any better!

Ooh what racing is on? Not that I have any idea about racing really! I haven't got plans for tomorrow yet so can hopefully catch up on some sleep - sounds like a good day to me .
Griffin23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not that it makes it any better!

Ooh what racing is on? Not that I have any idea about racing really! I haven't got plans for tomorrow yet so can hopefully catch up on some sleep - sounds like a good day to me .
Orly? :hugs:

F1 I can never fall asleep during the day, I need to be sleeping from before hand :holmes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise