Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree. I loved Donna and the Doctor - they were a good pairing because there was no sexual tension. 'Young female companion being madly in love with the Doctor' got old. I didn't really like Amy at first, but I enjoyed it more when Rory came along as well - the Doctor with two companions was good.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Amwazicles)
Spoiler:
Show
YES, I remember that quote too actually.

It's about time for a female Doctor really! Because it's getting to the point where male Doctor/single female companion can only be so interesting. Adding Rory into the mix was a bit of a new thing, but it didn't change all that much. We either need male Doctor/male companion, or female Doctor, in my opinion.
I want to see a Doctor/robot (like K9) or Doctor/complete alien partnership. Why always Earth?
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, it's been ages since we've had a non-human! Well, Captain Jack was sort of not-human...
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
when is series 7 going to be on?:ninja:
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feefifofum)
Yeah, it's been ages since we've had a non-human! Well, Captain Jack was sort of not-human...
I think it would be good if it was just something like Spock from Star Trek. Not the character but the Vulcan ears showing it is a humanoid but not 'human' as I suspect getting a non-human character would cost a lot budget wise for the costume. But it doesn't have to be anything too big, just not too little that we don't notice.
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
I think it would be good if it was just something like Spock from Star Trek. Not the character but the Vulcan ears showing it is a humanoid but not 'human' as I suspect getting a non-human character would cost a lot budget wise for the costume. But it doesn't have to be anything too big, just not too little that we don't notice.
It would have to be something fairly discreet, if they didn't want to abandon the idea of doing stories on Earth - human companions can walk around without standing out too much, whereas Vulcan ears would raise questions in Victorian Scotland or Dickensian Cardiff... :p:
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
I want to see a Doctor/robot (like K9) or Doctor/complete alien partnership. Why always Earth?
Yes!

To be honest I was a bit disappointed to hear that the new companion was going to be just another single human woman.
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It would have to be something fairly discreet, if they didn't want to abandon the idea of doing stories on Earth - human companions can walk around without standing out too much, whereas Vulcan ears would raise questions in Victorian Scotland or Dickensian Cardiff... :p:
In all honesty, they probably wouldn't raise any more questions than modern clothing, time travel, or the Doctor's general behaviour of knowing everything and telling people what to do, and they tend to get around all of those without much trouble.
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In all honesty, they probably wouldn't raise any more questions than modern clothing, time travel, or the Doctor's general behaviour of knowing everything and telling people what to do, and they tend to get around all of those without much trouble.
Hahaha, that is true. It's quite amazing that people rarely comment on what they're wearing.

Apparently Clara (the new companion) isn't all she seems, so maybe she is an alien too :beard:
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hahaha, that is true. It's quite amazing that people rarely comment on what they're wearing.

Apparently Clara (the new companion) isn't all she seems, so maybe she is an alien too :beard:
I guess it would get old after a while. The whole 'bigger on the inside' thing is a running joke, but if they included every reasonable reaction to the Doctor turning up there would be no time for the actual stories.

Ooh, I hope so!
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My favourite Tardis reaction was Rory explaining it to Canton.

"Like your wheels" :awesome:
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes!

To be honest I was a bit disappointed to hear that the new companion was going to be just another single human woman.
The problem is that The Doctor has become attached to earth,meaning that is pretty much his home planet now that Gallifrey is gone.
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dalek1099)
The problem is that The Doctor has become attached to earth,meaning that is pretty much his home planet now that Gallifrey is gone.
Something tells me you'll like this fan made trailer for Asylum of the Daleks...

Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tom Ward also announced for the Christmas special. This makes me happy. I may or not have an enormous crush on him :ahee:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...ho-xmas12.html
Dalek1099
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Something tells me you'll like this fan made trailer for Asylum of the Daleks...

Thats an excellent trailer great for introducing casual viewers about the daleks and why they are the best creatures ever-if only they could kill the doctor.I really think that Amy and Rory should have left through extermination by the supreme dalek with him chillingly telling the doctor"Do not underestimate us doctor.We control everything and always have.We decide what lives and what dies.We have the power to do anything.Ever wondered why we always survive?Ever wondered how we never took the chance to exterminate you but always seemed to want to?We have been playing a long and complicated game over time and space with you doctor and the game is not yet finished"-Supreme Dalek teleports away.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

To be fair that was quite good. :yep:

Not if you do what they did in Star Trek when they went back in time and put a hat on Mr Spock :awesome:
drbluebox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My god kids these days, I am only in late twenties and Richard E Grant was very well known to my generation, he was in classics like Withnail and I (with Paul Mcgann aka 8th Doctor)

I remember me and my friend having discussions about how great an actor he is years ago.
PoGo HoPz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's about time for a female Doctor really! Because it's getting to the point where male Doctor/single female companion can only be so interesting. Adding Rory into the mix was a bit of a new thing, but it didn't change all that much. We either need male Doctor/male companion, or female Doctor, in my opinion.
That's impossible! The Doctor can't change his gender! That would just ruin Doctor Who, if you ask me.

I've been thinking that if not Benedict Cumberbatch, the twelfth Doctor should be Aidan Turner (the vampire from Being Human). I reckon he'd play a great Doctor. :yep:
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PoGo HoPz)
That's impossible! The Doctor can't change his gender! That would just ruin Doctor Who, if you ask me.

I've been thinking that if not Benedict Cumberbatch, the twelfth Doctor should be Aidan Turner (the vampire from Being Human). I reckon he'd play a great Doctor. :yep:
But there's a precedent! And anyway, why do you think it would ruin it?

I really don't think Cumberbatch would suit it :nah: and he's said he wouldn't do it if asked anyway. I don't know Aidan Turner. :dontknow:
PoGo HoPz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
But there's a precedent! And anyway, why do you think it would ruin it?

I really don't think Cumberbatch would suit it :nah: and he's said he wouldn't do it if asked anyway. I don't know Aidan Turner. :dontknow:
I'm not disputing that there were female time lords on Gallifrey, because there must have been. But the specific character of The Doctor has always been male. It would just seem a bit strange if he were to hop from being male to being female, that's all. :dontknow:

Haven't you? He's been in quite a few BBC shows. Look him up, you might recognise him.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads