2 more finals left!

Barcelona + Berlin = TREBLE!

Visca Barca!
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
from losing La Liga to Atletico at home, to winning La Liga from Atletico away. ironic?
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You fancy Barcelona to easily beat Athletic Bilbao in the CDR.

I think they did the double over them in the league?
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
ironic?
Like raaaaaaain on your wedding day.

Anyway, I reckon today marks the first chapter of a treble-winning season for Barca. The CDR will end in a Barcelona win, I'm sure, given today's result and the way that they are playing and will want to go into the CL final in Berlin firing on all cylinders.
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zander01)
Ronaldo's a pro at scoring when it doesn't matter. Got to give it to him.

I honestly think, providing they win the CL this year... that this Barca team could be the first to win back to back CL trophies. They'll only be stronger next season with MSN being even more familiar with each other and Barca will be able to buy some players again next season.
Much harder to maintain success than to achieve success. Enrique might not even be around.

I think Enrique, Iniesta, or Alves could all dip in form next season, and injuries could also thrust a few players like Adriano, Rafinha, Xavi, Vermaelen (lol) into playing in the latter stages of competitions when they're not really cut out for it. That being said, MSN are one of the best ever, so yeah I'd have them as hot favourites to retain the trophy.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ronaldo's hattrick was the greatest hattrick I've ever seen.

Greatest poacher I've seen.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
#salty
Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zander01)
Ronaldo's a pro at scoring when it doesn't matter. Got to give it to him.

I honestly think, providing they win the CL this year... that this Barca team could be the first to win back to back CL trophies. They'll only be stronger next season with MSN being even more familiar with each other and Barca will be able to buy some players again next season.
Bit early to call it when they haven't played this years final. I know what you mean, Suarez has no Copa America so should be fresh for next season.

(Original post by shawn_o1)
from losing La Liga to Atletico at home, to winning La Liga from Atletico away. ironic?
Last year lost the league to Atleti, KOed from the CL by them and didn't beat them in SIX matches.

This season 4/4 - Lucho effect.

(Original post by jam277)
Ronaldo's hattrick was the greatest hattrick I've ever seen.

Greatest poacher I've seen.
Ronaldo got his goals and I'm sure he enjoys winning the individual awards more than team trophies.

300+ goals and has only won the league once in seven years.

I'm sure he enjoyed the media adulation for donating money to Nepal, which seemed to come "media reports" until the charity came out and denied receiving any money. It was good that be posted to his vast number of followers on Facebook to donate but I'm surprised no one from his camp came out earlier to set the record straight.

I'm sure Florentino and co have more "reports" to big up Ronaldo and try to play down Messi before the voting Balon D'or.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Balague reckons Zidane and Benitez are the only real possible options to replace Ancelotti.

He also suggests Mourinho turned down an approach.
e aí rapaz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why did Neymar get a yellow card for this??

Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Inaki Williams becomes the first black player to ever score for Athletic in La Liga. It's 2015. Wow.
Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Balague reckons Zidane and Benitez are the only real possible options to replace Ancelotti.

He also suggests Mourinho turned down an approach.
He suggested a few managers were sounded out and no one candidate had full backing. It is interesting that Perez wants Mourinho back, there simply aren't any top managers available to them then ones they already have had. He said Mourinho had been asked but he didn't know the repsonse but I'm sure he wouldn't go back.

Anybody have Brendan's number, it's for a friend...
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Inaki Williams becomes the first black player to ever score for Athletic in La Liga. It's 2015. Wow.
Isn't that like saying a white player's never scored for Ivory Coast? Can't find any stats on it but there can't be many black people in the Basque Country.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Isn't that like saying a white players never scored for Ivory Coast? Can't find any stats on it but there can't be many black people in the Basque Country.
Still, you'd have thought they may have had a black goalscorer. They are still a top division Spanish side. Plenty of black players are around...
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Still, you'd have thought they may have had a black goalscorer. They are still a top division Spanish side. Plenty of black players are around...
They only recruit Basque players though
Depleted
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
They only recruit Basque players though
Racism
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Depleted)
Racism
Wish United only recruited Manchester lads

brb league 1 team with Welbeck as star man
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Wish United only recruited Manchester lads
All for Blackett being your captain if that was the case.
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
300+ goals and has only won the league once in seven years..
That's genuinely amazing, isn't it
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Atletico fans were chanting 'Juve!' yesterday, which bodes well for a decent atmosphere when the sides meet in the CDR final.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads