Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    2 A*s, 9As and 1 B

Not too bad - was expecting worse! Well done on all of your results everyone xD they all look really good.

GUYS, DO SOME PEOPLE INCLUDE THEIR BTEC QUALIFICATION WHEN SAYING THEIR RESULTS? I.E. I GOT 8A*'s 4A's and 1B ... really? I mean even from not capable student came out with like 6 A*'s ? are they on about their distinction in Btec? Do you think Btec is more recognisedd than GCSEs ?

ReputationRep:
    8 A*s and 3As DD

Happy

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, ive got my results today. it has really disappointment and made me hopeless as i like to apply for dentistry. would you take a min to look at my grades and tell me what i should do.

A* maths
    A* physics
    A biology
    A chem
    A core science
    A english lit
    A geography
    A history
    B english lang

BTECS art and design D*
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Sh4hid96)
    Hi guys, first of all I want to say congratulations on all of your results. It's crazy how well people have done! I couldn't believe it this morning to see my results. It was such a great feeling to see your teachers smiling and more importantly your family being so proud of you! The next step in the journey for me now is A levels and would love it if you guys could help me out! I'm thinking of doing medicine in Cardiff university. I'm taking Chemistry for A level but what shall I take with this, biology or physics? Is it also necessary to take maths? Thanks!
    Biology would open up your options far more than physics, especially since Cardiff requires biology in adjunct to chemistry!

As for your 3rd A-level subject, it doesn't matter. Study whatever you enjoy. You don't need maths or physics for medicine (unless you're applying to Cambridge, in which case one of the two of them is needed). If you don't enjoy maths, don't study it. If you do, then do! Just pick your favourite subject for your 3rd A-level, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BI0)
    I got an A* for business, hbu
    I was on a good A* going into last exam and our whole years CCA got moved down 4 grades so ended up with a B. I'm hoping we get them all remarked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssargithan)
    GUYS, DO SOME PEOPLE INCLUDE THEIR BTEC QUALIFICATION WHEN SAYING THEIR RESULTS? I.E. I GOT 8A*'s 4A's and 1B ... really? I mean even from not capable student came out with like 6 A*'s ? are they on about their distinction in Btec? Do you think Btec is more recognisedd than GCSEs ?

Nothing to do with BTEC (sorry lol) but you're the first other person I've found that flies for Fly UK haha :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Eating enough crap to put me in a diabetic coma
    bah! already did that.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ssaahhaanndd)
    hi guys, ive got my results today. it has really disappointment and made me hopeless as i like to apply for dentistry. would you take a min to look at my grades and tell me what i should do.

A* maths
    A* physics
    A biology
    A chem
    A core science
    A english lit
    A geography
    A history
    B english lang

BTECS art and design D*
    I think you should power on and apply to dentistry if that's what you want to do. No reason you can't with those GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Haha, I've been in papers and all before, but this is gonna be like "Here's Eoin... he got really high grades..."
    I seriously look like a mong though.

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/...#axzz2ciDyzirW
    *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Biology would open up your options far more than physics, especially since Cardiff requires biology in adjunct to chemistry!

As for your 3rd A-level subject, it doesn't matter. Study whatever you enjoy. You don't need maths or physics for medicine (unless you're applying to Cambridge, in which case one of the two of them is needed). If you don't enjoy maths, don't study it. If you do, then do! Just pick your favourite subject for your 3rd A-level, I suppose.
    Thanks for the reply. It will most probably be biology then with chemistry. However I do enjoy phyiscs more. I'm not to sure yet and Cardiff at the moment is just my preferred choice but hopefully I can make the right choice when I have a look in the next few days. For now I'm just relieved that today went so well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Photos :rofl: .. I think i'm in one for the paper

also I had to have mine taken. my exams officer said I did the best and I was the top student, then I had to have my picture taken and again with my family, not sure if it's for the paper or website though :lol:
    I've had a lot of history with newspapers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    I seriously look like a mong though.

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/...#axzz2ciDyzirW
    *sigh*
    I don't know which one is you, but none of those look bad!

Believe me, I've done it, I know what bad newspaper photos are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaAdams)
    I've had a massive kick in the teeth today. I got 1A 1B 1C and 2Ds. Have been accepted to do 3 a levels and a btec. Realised that I have to work so much harder than I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 1A,2Bs,3Cs and 2Ds

But i need to remark them because they unit marks are way wrong because my teacher gave me an A got it moderated my another geog teacher who is also an ex-examiner something is fishy
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Sh4hid96)
    Thanks for the reply. It will most probably be biology then with chemistry. However I do enjoy phyiscs more. I'm not to sure yet and Cardiff at the moment is just my preferred choice but hopefully I can make the right choice when I have a look in the next few days. For now I'm just relieved that today went so well!
    Don't be afraid to consider subjects outside of physics/maths for your 3rd if you're that way inclined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGirlx)
    7A*s, 3A's, 2B's

Well done everyone!
    Well done!!:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A in Maths
    A in Geography
    A in Physics
    B in History
    B in Chemistry
    B in English Language
    B in English Literature
    C in Media
    C in RE
    C in Citizenship
    C in Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I've had a lot of history with newspapers.

Yeah, the group one should be okay, but I'm a bit apprehensive about people opening up the paper seeing "Here's Abbey pupil Eoin... who did really well..."
    Hahaha :lol: I just don't want them to get my name or Grades wrong if it is the newspaper :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateRobinson2)
    I got 5A* 2As 3Bs 1C

Gutted about the C, Anyone else have an issue with IGCSE english literature and Edexcel PE
    lol, those are my exact grades, the C was in PE and was the highest we could get so that was why.

btw well done!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I got 6A*s (History, Geography, English Literature, English 1st language, Biology and French 2nd language), a B in maths and unfortunately a C in GCSE Drama. Quite upset about the C. Noone got above a C in the class- the school decided to switch from doing the subject as a Cambridge course to an Edexcel course- for the first time, and the teacher had no experience teaching it. As my other grades are quite good, do you think this will effect me getting into top universities such as Cambridge and Oxford, providing I do well on my A-levels?
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.