The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
I'd like Kent to stop being all-blue in 2015 but purple wasn't really the colour I was looking for.
I know but that's how it's looking I really don't like purple. I hope that they might get a bit of red in there too. I could hope for green but it won't happen. Old people tend not to care for the environment.
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Especially when you see that People born in Britain took out £300 billion more then they put in:eek: I watched the story on the news and it's interesting that the people against immigration tend to be the old people. I am seriously worried that the grey vote will destroy this country before we the young inherit it
I believe the report states the net fiscal loss of the native population is actually to the tune of around £600 billion.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I know but that's how it's looking I really don't like purple. I hope that they might get a bit of red in there too. I could hope for green but it won't happen. Old people tend not to care for the environment.
Dover would seem to be Labour's best bet I believe (maybe Dartford??). It would be highly ironic to see Dover go purple.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
I believe the report states the net fiscal loss of the native population is actually to the tune of around £600 billion.
Yeah I had to look again that makes the case for eu immigration worse.
(Original post by O133)
Dover would seem to be Labour's best bet I believe (maybe Dartford??). It would be highly ironic to see Dover go purple.
could you imagine the extra controls a ukip mp would add to Dover if they got in:eek: they would basically add extra controls without being in government.
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Yeah I had to look again that makes the case for eu immigration worse.
I do think Robert Peston makes a good point however, that immigration is not so much a worry in the short term when immigrants are highly economically active (hence the net contribution in taxes), but as they age they will most likely add to the burden on the state when they no longer contribute.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
could you imagine the extra controls a ukip mp would add to Dover if they got in:eek: they would basically add extra controls without being in government.
I'm not sure that would be within their power, they wouldn't be mayor or anything. (The mayor of Dover is a relative of mine, or at least I think she's still mayor.)
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do think Robert Peston makes a good point however, that immigration is not so much a worry in the short term when immigrants are highly economically active (hence the net contribution), but as they age they will most likely add to the burden on the state when they no longer contribute.
Omg your new picture :zomg:
Yes but that is the same with our old people. So unless you want to start an old age cull in the uk and then maybe use them like this (which I wouldn't be too opposed to) then you can't really do anything.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
I'd like Kent to stop being all-blue in 2015 but purple wasn't really the colour I was looking for.
Better than red, green or orange.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
I'm not sure that would be within their power, they wouldn't be mayor or anything. (The mayor of Dover is a relative of mine, or at least I think she's still mayor.)
Are you sure? Really:eek: I'm related to william the conqueror (but loads of people are) does she have a lot of power?
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
I'd like to thank myself for contributing more to the British economy than the average Brit :france:
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Are you sure? Really:eek: I'm related to william the conqueror (but loads of people are) does she have a lot of power?
Turns out she's no longer mayor as of May, but I don't think she had much power. Her duties seemed to be mostly ceremonial (I remember her talking about a visit to a commemoration in Zeebrugge last time I visited). The mayor would have more power over the docks than the local MP, although I imagine most of it is dictated by Maidstone/Westminster/Brussels.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
Turns out she's no longer mayor as of May, but I don't think she had much power. Her duties seemed to be mostly ceremonial (I remember her talking about a visit to a commemoration in Zeebrugge last time I visited). The mayor would have more power over the docks than the local MP, although I imagine most of it is dictated by Maidstone/Westminster/Brussels.
Ahh ok. Yes that makes sence.
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Omg your new picture :zomg:
Yes but that is the same with our old people. So unless you want to start an old age cull in the uk and then maybe use them like this (which I wouldn't be too opposed to) then you can't really do anything.

So presumably you don't mind if the next generation that follows us chucks you into a mass incinerator with little to no care or sympathy of what you contributed. :erm: You really have it against the elderly for some reason. :lol:
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

So presumably you don't mind if the next generation that follows us chucks you into a mass incinerator with little to no care or sympathy of what you contributed. :erm: You really have it against the elderly for some reason. :lol:
Who is he?
not really if it would help people then the moment I can't work I'd be happily killed and burned. (I do think that we should start burning people though and using them for energy (you might see that bill soon)) I just think that the elderly are really ruining the uk for us young and they seem to create far more problems then they are worth.
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Who is he?
not really if it would help people then the moment I can't work I'd be happily killed and burned. (I do think that we should start burning people though and using them for energy (you might see that bill soon)) I just think that the elderly are really ruining the uk for us young and they seem to create far more problems then they are worth.
Ronald Koeman, Southampton FC's manager who guided us to an excellent 8-0 win over Sunderland. :ahee:

If someone knows they will die once they stop working, what is the point of putting all that effort in to improve their livelihoods? What is the point of saving money for the future so that when you're out of work, you can live relatively comfortably even without the income? You would most likely see skilled workers emigrating to other countries where they know their efforts reap enough reward whether they're working or have retired. Rather than putting down the elderly for working hard, I would prefer nudging the elderly to take greater responsibility for themselves by encouraging saving/investment so their burden is less on the state.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ronald Koeman, Southampton FC's manager who guided us to an excellent 8-0 win over Sunderland. :ahee:

If someone knows they will die once they stop working, what is the point of putting all that effort in to improve their livelihoods? What is the point of saving money for the future so that when you're out of work, you can live relatively comfortably even without the income? You would most likely see skilled workers emigrating to other countries where they know their efforts reap enough reward whether they've worked hard or have retired. Rather than putting down the elderly for working hard, I would prefer encouraging the elderly to take even greater responsibility for themselves by encouraging saving/investment.
Ok:erm:
just to be clear I was never advocating genocide but the burning of the grad for power.
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
just to be clear I was never advocating genocide but the burning of the grad for power.
You are asking for an age cull, and from what I can tell, a non opt-out incineration of those who no longer contribute to keep the lights on. That is very much an act of destroying a group of individuals of the country.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Personally i've always thought that if i was wealthy enough i'd have my body preserved and released into space to be frozen until it hits the sun or hits a spaceships window screen.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You are asking for an age cull, and from what I can tell, a non opt-out incineration of those who no longer contribute to keep the lights on. That is very much an act of destroying a group of individuals of the country.
I said unless you want to cull the elderly you can't complain, but yes non opt out incineration after compulsory organ donation, unless you leave your body to science, I would greatly support that.
TeeEff
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Personally i've always thought that if i was wealthy enough i'd have my body preserved and released into space to be frozen until it hits the sun or hits a spaceships window screen.
Well that's certainly an original way of being cremated. I'm sure with a few million or so SpaceX can arrange that.

(Original post by Aph)
I said unless you want to cull the elderly you can't complain, but yes non opt out incineration after compulsory organ donation, unless you leave your body to science, I would greatly support that.
Even without considering immigration you're after an age cull though so bringing that back is irrelevant. As a concept, what you are proposing is extremely close in outcome to Genocide.
Thankfully I'll be emigrating to Hong Kong when its the right time so my children don't need to experience this country legalising the killing of its own citizens for a stupid justification of their age.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (33)
27.73%
No (86)
72.27%

Watched Threads