Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I seem to remember it costing 30 or 40 for mine - it's nothing special

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In that case that wasn't bad at all!

I would pay £30 for a nice keyboard like the one you mentioned, though I wouldn't pay £30 for a basic wireless keyboard/mouse.

My wireless keyboard/mouse that I bought, cost all of £7.99!

• Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    In that case that wasn't bad at all!

I would pay £30 for a nice keyboard like the one you mentioned, though I wouldn't pay £30 for a basic wireless keyboard/mouse.

My wireless keyboard/mouse that I bought, cost all of £7.99!

Wow 7.99....I can never find a keyboard and mouse for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wow 7.99....I can never find a keyboard and mouse for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nor can I (usually), I was quite surprised!

You just have to have a look around most of the shops in your area. Also, have a look around the charity shops. Much of the stuff in charity shops are still in pretty good condition, and are a lot cheaper than elsewhere.

• Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nor can I (usually), I was quite surprised!

You just have to have a look around most of the shops in your area. Also, have a look around the charity shops. Much of the stuff in charity shops are still in pretty good condition, and are a lot cheaper than elsewhere.

Ahhhh charity shops.....

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh charity shops.....

Yep, always look there. I was looking at the ones in Leicester (haven't got the biggest of budgets!) and to my surprise found a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard - which I am now using to type with.

Also, about a month ago, my wireless mouse that I had used for about 2 or 3 years, finally broke. The scroll wheel and middle click button wouldn't work.
    I was hoping for a wireless mouse but again didn't want to pay a lot of money - so got a cheap, wired mouse. It was slightly smaller than the wireless mouse I had but only cost £1 (again from a charity shop).

But I didn't like how the wired mouse felt - particularly with all the cables I have on my desk (for things like phones, wired keyboard, speakers, external USB hub etc.) So the wireless mouse and keyboard combo has removed the need for a couple of the cables - and feels better too.

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    However, I now need to buy a new USB drive, as my cheap and cheerful 4GB USB stick is causing problems with my computer.

My 8GB drive works fine, but the 4GB one fails to connect for the majority of times. So I will have to transfer the files from my 4GB drive to the 8GB drive (when it actually connects!) and then buy a new USB drive! I doubt that any charity shops will have a USB drive (the ones that I have occasionally seen are only 1GB, not big enough) so I'll probably have to buy a (quite expensive!) replacement from DSU Tech! :mad::sadnod:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yep, always look there. I was looking at the ones in Leicester (haven't got the biggest of budgets!) and to my surprise found a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard - which I am now using to type with.

Also, about a month ago, my wireless mouse that I had used for about 2 or 3 years, finally broke. The scroll wheel and middle click button wouldn't work.
    I was hoping for a wireless mouse but again didn't want to pay a lot of money - so got a cheap, wired mouse. It was slightly smaller than the wireless mouse I had but only cost £1 (again from a charity shop).

But I didn't like how the wired mouse felt - particularly with all the cables I have on my desk (for things like phones, wired keyboard, speakers, external USB hub etc.) So the wireless mouse and keyboard combo has removed the need for a couple of the cables - and feels better too.

Yeah, I'm in Grimsby so there isn't really any tech in charity shops. Sometimes something pops up in CEX but that's about it for cheap stuff so I usually look online

• Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    However, I now need to buy a new USB drive, as my cheap and cheerful 4GB USB stick is causing problems with my computer.

My 8GB drive works fine, but the 4GB one fails to connect for the majority of times. So I will have to transfer the files from my 4GB drive to the 8GB drive (when it actually connects!) and then buy a new USB drive! I doubt that any charity shops will have a USB drive (the ones that I have occasionally seen are only 1GB, not big enough) so I'll probably have to buy a (quite expensive!) replacement from DSU Tech! :mad::sadnod:
    Go to argos

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm in Grimsby so there isn't really any tech in charity shops. Sometimes something pops up in CEX but that's about it for cheap stuff so I usually look online
    I live in Northamptonshire, but commute to Leicester to university. Neither at my end, nor at Leicester, does tech appear a lot in charity shops. As I've found out, it sometimes pops up in Leicester but of course it just depends on what people are donating at the time.

One of my worst purchases from a charity shop was a small, portable radio from Sheringham (Norfolk). It only cost £3 so didn't really matter.
    Tested it out and didn't pick up much (though of course Norfolk doesn't have the greatest FM signals around). Got it back home, only picked up a few stations. Upon further examination, I found that it only picked up stations between 104 and 108 FM, despite the tuner showing as 88 - 108 FM!
    AM was reasonable on that radio, until a connection came loose with the AM aerial. And with that, I binned the radio and wrote off my £3. Never mind...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I live in Northamptonshire, but commute to Leicester to university. Neither at my end, nor at Leicester, does tech appear a lot in charity shops. As I've found out, it sometimes pops up in Leicester but of course it just depends on what people are donating at the time.

One of my worst purchases from a charity shop was a small, portable radio from Sheringham (Norfolk). It only cost £3 so didn't really matter.
    Tested it out and didn't pick up much (though of course Norfolk doesn't have the greatest FM signals around). Got it back home, only picked up a few stations. Upon further examination, I found that it only picked up stations between 104 and 108 FM, despite the tuner showing as 88 - 108 FM!
    AM was reasonable on that radio, until a connection came loose with the AM aerial. And with that, I binned the radio and wrote off my £3. Never mind...
    fair enough

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Go to argos

I'll see what the prices are like at Argos, ideally I would like at least a 16GB USB drive - but 8GB will suffice. And it needs to work in my windows 7 laptop!

I'll probably take a look in DMU's library to see if their shop sells USB drives - and if so, if the prices are reasonable. Otherwise I'll have to do some research wrt prices. An 8GB USB drive from DSU Tech is £8.49 and £13.99 for 16GB.

Plus, I need a microSD card for my tablet, as the in built storage is limited. £14.99 for 16GB at DSU Tech - maybe I will need to look elsewhere.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'll see what the prices are like at Argos, ideally I would like at least a 16GB USB drive - but 8GB will suffice. And it needs to work in my windows 7 laptop!

I'll probably take a look in DMU's library to see if their shop sells USB drives - and if so, if the prices are reasonable. Otherwise I'll have to do some research wrt prices. An 8GB USB drive from DSU Tech is £8.49 and £13.99 for 16GB.

Plus, I need a microSD card for my tablet, as the in built storage is limited. £14.99 for 16GB at DSU Tech - maybe I will need to look elsewhere.
    Maplins is another good one, or sometimes Currys/PC World

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.