Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agax2468)
    Thanks, and as for today, it's nearly 10:00pm for me on the east coast of North America (I'm
    currently in Toronto but only visiting over thanksgiving break from Washington DC), so I'll likely come when I'm asleep. Best of luck in E&M!
    And I now I shouldn't be worried, I just am—but eh could be worse!
    Ah, in that case it should probably come for you between sleeping and midday tomorrow, if it does come tomorrow. Thanks, best of luck to you for biological sciences too, and don't worry: if we are actually good enough to get in, we'll get a positive response. So we just have to have patience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathyobrien98)
    Oh right we applied to completely different ones! I did Manchester, Bristol, Exeter and UEA. Where are you from? Because I live in London so I didn't want to apply to like goldsmiths, UCL, kcl or Soas, which is annoying because I really liked all their courses.
    Hi, I'm an Arch and Anther too, can I join in? I also applied to Exeter and UEA (got offers from both!) and I've got an offer from SOAS too, which will be my second choice if no Oxford. I still haven't heard anything, but I'm applying to St. John's rather than Keble. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rvas)
    hi! congrats on your interview, thats amazing! May I ask you GCSE and AS grades and A-level subjects and predictions? Waiting on EP at New :-)
    Actually, I'm an American applicant so my scores would be quite different. I got a 35 out of 36 on the ACT, which I think is similar in use to GCSE's? And 5 out of 5 on Calculus AB, US History, & English Language and Composition; 4 for Physics and Biology; a 3 on US Government and 2 on Macroeconomics for AP tests, which I suppose are similar to your A-levels.

From what I've heard though, Oxford seems to be more interested in students intensely interested in learning their degree subjects, who meet a minimum academic requirement, but that's not the MOST important. So, chillax, if you've met those entry requirements and have a good personal statement, you're probably golden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBall)
    Nice! Did this just come through now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it had come earlier in the day.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've not posted on this before, but I got an interview invite for history at Hertford on Wednesday! Well done and good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by treeco)
    You receive a reply from the college you were allocated to (happened to me)
    Ah okay thank you! Congrats btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrfw)
    my friend got an interview on 25th
    For which course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trebeccam)
    Durham, Edinburgh, KCL and Birmingham (with offers from the last two)
    I've got my offers for KCL and bristol
    What's your KCl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parky98)
    Ah that sounds cool 😊 when did they email you??
    Got an email from Hugh's at 6pm yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenstemsandroses)
    Actually, I'm an American applicant so my scores would be quite different. I got a 35 out of 36 on the ACT, which I think is similar in use to GCSE's? And 5 out of 5 on Calculus AB, US History, & English Language and Composition; 4 for Physics and Biology; a 3 on US Government and 2 on Macroeconomics for AP tests, which I suppose are similar to your A-levels.

From what I've heard though, Oxford seems to be more interested in students intensely interested in learning their degree subjects, who meet a minimum academic requirement, but that's not the MOST important. So, chillax, if you've met those entry requirements and have a good personal statement, you're probably golden.
    The US is the ssame as well, they don't care about your AP scores. They ask you to self report them. Us uni care about your passion but it doesnt have to be passion in academics, but also passion is other activties.

While in UK, they only care about your passion in academics - which creates a stronger academic class but less diverse class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeignStudent33)
    The US is the ssame as well, they don't care about your AP scores. They ask you to self report them. Us uni care about your passion but it doesnt have to be passion in academics, but also passion is other activties.

While in UK, they only care about your passion in academics - which creates a stronger academic class but less diverse class.
    "ForeignStudent33"? LOL Are you ForeignStudent32's another account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annasuccia)
    "ForeignStudent33"? LOL Are you ForeignStudent32's another account?
    Yeah, is that against the rules? I got banned because I posted yolo on a thread and it is non constructive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeignStudent33)
    Yeah, is that against the rules? I got banned because I posted yolo on a thread and it is non constructive.
    No (actually I don't know, not a mod) I was just wondering. Wow accounts do get banned easily on this site.

ReputationRep:
    I have interviews at Brasenose for chemistry on the 15th-16th of December. Should I stay the night before? Is this an option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    I have interviews at Brasenose for chemistry on the 15th-16th of December. Should I stay the night before? Is this an option?
    Depending on where you live ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crose)
    Hahaha thank you! I've gotten unconditional offers from King's and St Andrews, so I'll be alright. I'm American and applying to way too many schools in the states as it is, so it's actually kind of good to have one taken off the table (it was totally a pipe dream anyway, sort of a "hey this would be kinda cool if it happened but if not nbd". And hey, there's always study abroad and grad school!
    That right there is a good positive attitude! Congratulations on your unconditionals, sounds like you're going to be absolutely fine

ReputationRep:
    Any news on modern languages / linguistics? Seems we are the last. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzekent)
    Any news on modern languages / linguistics? Seems we are the last. :confused:
    You might get one today or else its the weekend 2 day emptiness again.

ReputationRep:
    There are so many black friday emails coming into my inbox today and i'm still waiting to hear back from my college and this is not helping my concentration levels and i think i've actually broken my caps lock button by getting too nervous and punching it into the keyboard oh no the stress levels the stressssss levelsssss

ReputationRep:
    Do Oxford ever email in the weekend regarding interviews?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.