The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, I don't necessarily see peoples' problem with Fellaini. He fulfils the same 'aggressive little ****' role as Roy Keane, just not really as well and with a different role going forward.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
GOATford scores - have a bet on him to bag a goal and United to win. Easy.
_Ddraig_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Crikey, we scored a goal in the first half.
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
GOATford :love:
NathanW18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by banterboy)
I don't see how many man of the match performances Fellaini needs to give before we learn to forgive him for his weaknesses as we do to every other player.
Please be trolling.

(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
Yeah, I don't necessarily see peoples' problem with Fellaini. He fulfils the same 'aggressive little ****' role as Roy Keane, just not really as well and with a different role going forward.
Well, because Keane was also quite good at football. Fellaini is not. Keane was far more than an "aggressive little ****".
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _Morsey_)
Crikey, we scored a goal in the first half.
Against the worst PL side I've ever seen.
Worse than bloody Derby - this Villa side make literally anybody look good.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Get Rashford on the plane, Roy.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
QPR have been worse, surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
QPR have been worse, surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think so - this Villa side is abysmal.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Literally is not needed in this sentence.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know don't want players to dive but Rashford should, pragmatically go down there. It's a definite foul but ref's wont give them if you stay up so...
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Literally is not needed in this sentence.
Thx bae xoxo
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Typical rooney touch
banterboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
Please be trolling.

Well, because Keane was also quite good at football. Fellaini is not. Keane was far more than an "aggressive little ****".
i mean, do you have actual reasons for this view or
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Great by memphis
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i mean, do you have actual reasons for this view or
What reasons are you looking for? When someone says they're unsure why people don't want Fellaini to play, it makes me think they're looking for a reaction. Fellaini's weaknesses are exposed in almost every game he plays in.

I've watched Fellaini play in the majority of games he's played in for us. I've missed the odd one every now and again. He is not anywhere near Man United standard. The most obvious thing he brings to the team is height. He still fouls the opposition the majority of the time he jumps to head the ball.

He's useful in the odd game. Every player is decent occasionally. It doesn't mean they're worth a place in the team. I don't think as many people would have as much of a problem with him if he didn't start so often.
banterboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
What reasons are you looking for? When someone says they're unsure why people don't want Fellaini to play, it makes me think they're looking for a reaction. Fellaini's weaknesses are exposed in almost every game he plays in.

I've watched Fellaini play in the majority of games he's played in for us. I've missed the odd one every now and again. He is not anywhere near Man United standard. The most obvious thing he brings to the team is height. He still fouls the opposition the majority of the time he jumps to head the ball.

He's useful in the odd game. Every player is decent occasionally. It doesn't mean they're worth a place in the team. I don't think as many people would have as much of a problem with him if he didn't start so often.
Well, i just don't think this is true for one thing. He's far more liable to fouling when the ball's on the floor.

It's not just height, he has incredible strength, keeps the ball well when the attack has no right to continue, and sucks in several players when the ball is in the air, and generally still brings it down and gets a pass away. His size is also more important for us than for most teams because we don;t have a big team.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Only 1-0 against Villa after 75 minutes?

Haven't watched the game - have you at least played well?
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well, i just don't think this is true for one thing. He's far more liable to fouling when the ball's on the floor.

It's not just height, he has incredible strength, keeps the ball well when the attack has no right to continue, and sucks in several players when the ball is in the air, and generally still brings it down and gets a pass away. His size is also more important for us than for most teams because we don;t have a big team.
He elbows players extremely often when jumping to head the ball. He does sometimes get away with it.

Keeps the ball and then fails the lay off pass, sure. Keeps the ball too long and then the attack dies anyway. His size on corners is one thing he is useful for. We do have a small team.

In a game like this, I would prefer us to be using our players that are more helpful in attack.
_Ddraig_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Only 1-0 against Villa after 75 minutes?

Haven't watched the game - have you at least played well?
Fairly well, but there hasn't been anybody in the box for half our chances. We've had two great corners fly across the box but nobody in a position to get on the end of it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (8)
20.51%
Labour (17)
43.59%
Liberal Democrats (6)
15.38%
Green Party (1)
2.56%
Brexit Party (1)
2.56%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
5.13%
Plaid Cymru (1)
2.56%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)