Lescott=poor
    Cole=not as good as Baines
    Johnson=not as good as Walker
    Smalling=average
    Gerrard=past it
    Rooney=class
    Carrick=class
    Hart=class
    I hardly think that you can say that any player in the England side tonight was 'class'.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hodgson tells me apart from bringing on Young when they did, there was "no obvious changes" England could have made
    https://twitter.com/danroan/statuses/316707272489312258

Intresting. lots of options on the bench that could have possibly helped.

Also some other questions by Dan Roan as been asked on his tweets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    For once Lee Dixon has got it right. It was a "good point" for this England team, who sadly are a mediocre bunch. Can you imagine any Spanish, German, Dutch etc... pundit saying that about their national side?

Reality is Dixon's back four at Arsenal when he played - Dixon, Adams, Bould, Winterburn- would each have walked into the England team tonight and only 2 of the 4 were England regulars.
    In the context of the match though, it was a poor point. We completely dominated the first half and should have been home and dry by half time. Only scoring one in that first half was shocking and opened the door for Montenegro in the second half. That's why it wasn't a good point.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or does anyone else want to punch Adrian Chiles right in the middle of his nose? He is so annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    Is it just me, or does anyone else want to punch Adrian Chiles right in the middle of his nose? He is so annoying
    Can't stand him. If I were ever see him up The Hawthorns I kind of feel as though it would be a moral duty to punch him.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Everytime, why do the players perform for their clubs but fail to perform for their nation, it is a disgrace, it's like they couldn't give a crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Everytime, why do the players perform for their clubs but fail to perform for their nation, it is a disgrace, it's like they couldn't give a crap.
    for much of ths generation of players the team hasn't had a proper tactic or identity esp when compared to teams like spain and holland.

The tem has tried to play in a physical way (long balls, pace crosses headers) but the fact the players who are called up lean more towards technicality than physicality and usually play in the bug clubs who don't play that way.

Basically the english players that play for big clubs (who also use wildly differnt styles)are usually bought/nurtured because they are technically good but England don't play that way.

ReputationRep:
    This is England we don't complain about not getting penalties against teams like Montenegro. There was enough quality on that pitch to see off Montenegro by more than 2 goals

ReputationRep:
    I know Roy Keane is basically just there to cause a scene but the worst thing about the coverage last night was certainly when he said that Montenegro's front 2 wouldn't get in the England team.

Vucinic played exactly like a true England striker last night but is normally pretty decent, whilst Jovetic could easily have matched Welbeck's level of performance

ReputationRep:
    The weird thing last night was the team was made up of

City
    Liverpool United City Chelsea
    United United Liverpool
    City United United

Yet none of them looked like they'd ever met before or understood football. Their FIFA chemistry rating would be diabolical :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    People have pointed out that our midfield missed someone like Wilshere, which is true. But I also think, especially in the second half, we missed someone like Henderson. Love him or hate him, he will always work his socks off. Our players were just plain lazy last night.

Also Baines has proved time and again he is now a better player than Cole. Cole got his 100 caps, can we PLEASE make him move aside now for Baines.

One last thing, put some bloody pace on the wings. That had to be one of the slowest England teams I have ever seen. Desperately needed a Sturridge/Walcott*/Chamberlain/Lennon/Sterling/Zaha/Ince just to give the full backs something to think about. We've actually got plenty of options, we just don't use them.

* I know Theo's injured, just an example.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't watch the game but been told Milner actually played okay. Wasn't as bad as it was made out in the Euros too. I think the stick he gets (Particularly form United fans) is ridiculous when we have Cleverley, Young and Welbeck as regulars. Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Milner is one of the few true professionals we've got who puts in an absolute shift every single game, whether that means he should be starting regularly is another matter but I never mind seeing him in there.

Plus he's a better right back than Johnson

ReputationRep:
    Gabby for England.

ReputationRep:
    Same old same old from Roy Hodgson.

Welbeck over Agbonlahor.

Oxlade-Chamberlain over McManaman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRS-T)
    Same old same old from Roy Hodgson.

Welbeck over Agbonlahor.

Oxlade-Chamberlain over McManaman.
    This isn't FIFA where pace matters

Welbeck is better than Agbonlahor...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)

Yeah, one goal all year is amazing, he should start over Sturridge and Carroll.

Oh wait, he will. :rolleyes:

And have I missed something? Cleverley hasn't been out of the squad for months but what's be done? No in form players just same old **** and getting away with it because they're 'young'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)

Number of goals in the Premier League this season.

Agbonlahor - 9
    Welbeck - 1

Seems legit.

ReputationRep:
    Agbonlahor :laugh: :laugh:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.