This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Jon I just wish I was anywhere but where i am. I wish I could run away
:hugs: Do you have anyone you trust who you feel you could turn too? Your mother perhaps?

I'm so sorry things are so bad.
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:hugs: Do you have anyone you trust who you feel you could turn too? Your mother perhaps?

I'm so sorry things are so bad.
My mother just wants to see my engagement ring so she can brag to her friends.

she doesn't care about the bruses
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
My mother just wants to see my engagement ring so she can brag to her friends.

she doesn't care about the bruses
I've PMed you.
Dadeling
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey everyone, i went to the doctors today and she confirmed that its depression. She's given me citalopram, does anyone have any experience with this? Amitryptaline didn't work, although it was prescribed for another reason. I told my parents too and they've been really nice about it all, also told me that it kinda runs in the family. I have to go back in 3 weeks to see how i'm doing. Also, how does counseling help, like is it just talking about whats stressing you out in your life to help get it off your chest?
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dadeling)
Hey everyone, i went to the doctors today and she confirmed that its depression. She's given me citalopram, does anyone have any experience with this? Amitryptaline didn't work, although it was prescribed for another reason. I told my parents too and they've been really nice about it all, also told me that it kinda runs in the family. I have to go back in 3 weeks to see how i'm doing. Also, how does counseling help, like is it just talking about whats stressing you out in your life to help get it off your chest?

i had a bad reaction to citalopram. Weight gain.
Dadeling
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
i had a bad reaction to citalopram. Weight gain.
I'm hoping cause I didn't have any problem with weight on amitryptaline I may be ok. Is it true that as many people experience weight gain as weight loss? I'm trying to lose weight as i'm very overweight
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm hoping cause I didn't have any problem with weight on amitryptaline I may be ok. Is it true that as many people experience weight gain as weight loss? I'm trying to lose weight as i'm very overweight
Hi

I wouldnt risk weight gain with anti-depressants.

Are you severely overweight?

I medicate myself with:

If I'm being healthy = exercise.

Otherwise = alcohol.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
"Pull yourself together"

"It's only feelings"

"Watch a funny movie"

Have any of you guys had this said to you?
All the time. plus other gems like "cheer up, it might never happen", "you're only as low as you allow yourself to be" and "if you keep telling yourself you're depressed then you've got no hope of getting better. It's all in your mind"
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
I don't care if it does. I'd rather be anxious than put up with what I have done the last 18 months. Plus i know how to deal with anxiety- I have no coping mechanisms for dealing with depression.
how do you cope with it? i could do with learning a few tricks of the trade. anxiety paralyses me.
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what's up tufts?
(Original post by death.drop)
All the time. plus other gems like "cheer up, it might never happen"
oh ******* hell.
when i was in cardiff airport, literally about to emigrate, an armed copper said that to me. but the thing i was absolutely dreading literally was happening at that very moment. was holding back tears for hours.
i really need someone for a proper chat. just come back from some ultimate frisbee with some housemates, but it was all so superficial. i need people i can properly talk to. even when surrounded by friends i feel so horrifically isolated.
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blackfish)
I was feeling really [email protected] because I felt like nobody believed in me. I want a job where I can do what i'm trained to do, but I wouldn't be able to hold it down, not to mention I'm not exactly a team player, which as a Network Engineer is essential.

How are you today?
Is there any way you could get a part time job, say 3 days a week or something? Because that might be easier to cope with :dontknow:

I'm feeling quite low (not for any reason in particular), plus really tired even though I've spent most of the afternoon asleep. Depression is really exhausting...
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're clinically depressed then weight gain isn't too much of a price to pay if your meds work.

I put on about 10kg on my antidepressant.
FizzBitch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
"Pull yourself together"

"It's only feelings"

"Watch a funny movie"

Have any of you guys had this said to you?
Yep! People who say the whole "cheer up" type comments really musn't have a clue how bad we feel. It's really frustrating. I suppose the watch a funny movie one is alright if you just want distracting for a while, but when the films over you still feel as bad.
FizzBitch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Divinitywolf)
I agree. Something so simple like social anxiety can still majorly mess up someones life. But most people like attention and there are some that would lie to get attention and the things that they want.
A little update on this...today someone in my clait (IT for dummies) class said the attendance people were really bugging him, I asked why, and he says "Well I took two weeks off college because I couldn't be arsed to come in, but obviously I couldn't say that, so I lied and said I was depressed" and I was like :eek: and then he said "and they keep chasing me asking for medical evidence, and they rang my mum up to come to a meeting, but she just didn't call them back". And he was laughing about it, and I just said "hmm that's pretty low!" :rolleyes:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel awful again. :cry:
Divinitywolf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fizz*****)
A little update on this...today someone in my clait (IT for dummies) class said the attendance people were really bugging him, I asked why, and he says "Well I took two weeks off college because I couldn't be arsed to come in, but obviously I couldn't say that, so I lied and said I was depressed" and I was like :eek: and then he said "and they keep chasing me asking for medical evidence, and they rang my mum up to come to a meeting, but she just didn't call them back". And he was laughing about it, and I just said "hmm that's pretty low!" :rolleyes:
I can see where he's coming from. He wasn't trying to do it to hurt anyone. Just trying to get away with skipping college which, yes, is pretty low but he obviously hasn't been depressed before or he'd never have used it as an excuse.
He didn't mean to offend anyone but yeah he shouldn't have done it.
FizzBitch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
I feel awful again. :cry:
What's up?
FizzBitch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Divinitywolf)
I can see where he's coming from. He wasn't trying to do it to hurt anyone. Just trying to get away with skipping college which, yes, is pretty low but he obviously hasn't been depressed before or he'd never have used it as an excuse.
He didn't mean to offend anyone but yeah he shouldn't have done it.
Ahh I know he didn't mean it to offend anyone! It didn't offend me, but he just thought it was really funny, and i was thinking "well if you really had depression you wouldn't be laughing about it"
I just thought it was a bit of a coincidence after the thread about it on here the other day.

How are you?
Divinitywolf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fizz*****)
Ahh I know he didn't mean it to offend anyone! It didn't offend me, but he just thought it was really funny, and i was thinking "well if you really had depression you wouldn't be laughing about it"
I just thought it was a bit of a coincidence after the thread about it on here the other day.

How are you?
Yeah thats understandable but so many people live in ignorance and they cant be expected to act in accordance with the knowledge that some possess and others don't. I get what you're saying completely though.

I'm half and half.

How're you feeling?
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my parents just rang me from canada wishing me happy birthday for tomorrow. cried down the phone to my mum. god i need help. been crying on-and-off all day. :cry:

hope you're all ok. i'm here if anyone wants a chat, and i do care.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.36%
No - but I will (21)
5.56%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (184)
48.68%

Watched Threads