The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michaela__
Thank you 😘 I'm so happy just hoping Manchester and Plymouth are nice as well now 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much did their cut-offs drop this year for St. George's? I'm going to try and correlate it to Plymouths (I know that's inaccurate, but I need a Faldo sense of hope right now!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know who's cut-offs tend to be higher out of Plymouth and St George's?

Original post by CutieTootsie
How much did their cut-offs drop this year for St. George's? I'm going to try and correlate it to Plymouths (I know that's inaccurate, but I need a Faldo sense of hope right now!)

Plymouth tend to have a higher overall cut off. Here's st George's which I copied from their website a month or so ago
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1478263804.330820.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plymouth tend to have a higher overall cut off. Here's st George's which I copied from their website a month or so ago
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1478263804.330820.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really know how to calculate it without including the decision analysis

It wouldn't matter too much just ignore the 2013 UKCAT average (or maybe it was 2012) as DA really inflated it

Posted from TSR Mobile
It wouldn't matter too much just ignore the 2013 UKCAT average (or maybe it was 2012) as DA really inflated it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it's getting more and more clear that plymouth is going to reject me. I actually made the St. George's cut off as well looool surprise surprise

Haha it's getting more and more clear that plymouth is going to reject me. I actually made the St. George's cut off as well looool surprise surprise

you can't apply to st georges as a graduate can you? unless you sit the GAMSAT?
x
I think it's unfair they release the cut offs after we've applied tbhv

You never know, Plymouth might go down just as SGUL has. You got an interview at Bristol clearly your PS statement was amazing for their standards! With all your work I'm sure you did really well in the BMAT so that's potentially 3/4 interviews even if Plymouth isnt an option in the end. Just remember you only need one interview and maybe Bristol is going to be the uni you end up going to anyway 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7749
Original post by hopeforunderdog

Aren't cut offs based on the applicant pool scores? Makes sense to wait for submissions in creating it. Otherwise they might have too high or too low a cut off. I see no other way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hopeforunderdog

I used to think that but then I was thinking there's no way they could set their cut offs unless we've applied :wink: and if UCAS let us mix our options around after UKCAT cut offs were released then there would be no point setting them because all of a sudden you'd have so many extra people to interview 😂 I kind of wish there was better way too but I don't think one exists. I'm glad the uni's don't all release them on the same day because that would be horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lostperson
you can't apply to st georges as a graduate can you? unless you sit the GAMSAT?
x

What? I'm not a graduate

You never know, Plymouth might go down just as SGUL has. You got an interview at Bristol clearly your PS statement was amazing for their standards! With all your work I'm sure you did really well in the BMAT so that's potentially 3/4 interviews even if Plymouth isnt an option in the end. Just remember you only need one interview and maybe Bristol is going to be the uni you end up going to anyway 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's very true. Wise, wise words my friend.

What? I'm not a graduate

oh crap , so sorry..... i thought i read you said you were a mature applicant somewhere...SO sorry!! xx good luck :colondollar::colondollar:
[QUOTE=michaela__;68383074]I used to think that but then I was thinking there's no way they could set their cut offs unless we've applied :wink: and if UCAS let us mix our options around after UKCAT cut offs were released then there would be no point setting them because all of a sudden you'd have so many extra people to interview 😂 I kind of wish there was better way too but I don't think one exists. I'm glad the uni's don't all release them on the same day because that would be horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I suppose, I just assumed they based it on the average score of everyone but yeah I see why it would just be who applied to their course
Original post by Lostperson
oh crap , so sorry..... i thought i read you said you were a mature applicant somewhere...SO sorry!! xx good luck :colondollar::colondollar:

I am a mature applicant (21+), but applying to university for the first time :smile:

Divide by 4 then multiply by 3
Original post by SarahCroydon
Divide by 4 then multiply by 3

That is the total score
I am a mature applicant (21+), but applying to university for the first time :smile:

ah okay awesome!!! good luck <3 x
Original post by MoshBosh
Medicine :smile: and for those wondering, I had a score of 9.4 on the calculator

Congratulations on your interview! I've got a score of 10 on the calculator but haven't heard anything so I'm terrified now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending