Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bornab3)
    I really hope Megatron only gets a handful of points tonight because I could use this lead that Lacy and Bryant got me, I reckon you'll win overall next week so I need as big a lead as possible going into that game.
    Bryant, decker and gates will stack up points next week. You got this.

ReputationRep:
    I've been on a bit of a MNF 1st TD scorer hot streak so today's pick is Joique Bell! I may be an idiot for not just going on Calvin but we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    Justin Tucker's kick was incredible 61 yards, clutch!

Tucker for MVP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tony Stafford I mean Matthew Stafford gave it away, why the hell did he throw it up so high :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait for this! http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/155291...center?week=16 #TSRFantasyFinal #YoloSwag :P

ReputationRep:
    Championship game this week in NFL managed league, and a healthy lead for third spot in the other league. COME ON. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bornab3)
    Cant wait for this! http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/155291...center?week=16 #TSRFantasyFinal #YoloSwag :P
    Going to Florida on friday so hoping I don't get in any inactives. :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to sound like an idiot fanboy but how the **** has Browner now got an indefinite suspension!? He declined a reduction, then gets his appeal dismissed = indefinite ban? How was he on Stage 3 of SAP anyway!? I hope he takes the NFL to court and wins from a lawyer point of view. With my Seahawk head on I'm not sure he actually does the team any good (and Maxwell is playing awesome) but this sounds and feels like an injustice.

And if I read one more mention of Adderall by a dozy Yank I think I may actually fly over there with the rule book, why are they such idiots?

ReputationRep:
    NFL considering moving Superbowl to a different day like Saturday or Monday if the weather is too bad...

Personally I'm glad they're playing it in the proper environment not some dome where its fantasy points galore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    NFL considering moving Superbowl to a different day like Saturday or Monday if the weather is too bad...

Personally I'm glad they're playing it in the proper environment not some dome where its fantasy points galore.
    Snow football looks so fun! It'd be a pretty cool Superbowl if it ended up like that Lions-Eagles game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Snow football looks so fun! It'd be a pretty cool Superbowl if it ended up like that Lions-Eagles game
    Football should be played in the elements not in a god damn dome. Its why Brees looks so bad away from the snug confines of a dome.

ReputationRep:
    hi, does anyone here know a good place for me to find highlights of matches online or on TV? Sky's scheduling seems to be somewhat erratic and I don't often catch live games atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    hi, does anyone here know a good place for me to find highlights of matches online or on TV? Sky's scheduling seems to be somewhat erratic and I don't often catch live games atm.
    Umm the NFL website is quite good usually have a 4-5 minute summary of the match showing the key moments in the game

ReputationRep:
    Umm the NFL website is quite good usually have a 4-5 minute summary of the match showing the key moments in the game
    cool cool, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think American Football hasn't really taken off in the UK? Sorry if it's been asked a 100 times before on this thread... I just can't face going through over 350 pages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    cool cool, thank you
    They're not the whole game of course but they will show the key events like interceptions, touchdowns, fumbles, fieldgoals and injuries and such

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stonedlove)
    Why do you think American Football hasn't really taken off in the UK? Sorry if it's been asked a 100 times before on this thread... I just can't face going through over 350 pages.
    Id actually say its starting to take off. Other countries however not so much. I mean there's 3 NFL games next year in London so there must be people wanting and following it.

ReputationRep:
    Id actually say its starting to take off. Other countries however not so much. I mean there's 3 NFL games next year in London so there must be people wanting and following it.
    I've heard that some Americans are getting into Rugby and really enjoy watching it. Do you have any ideas why people who enjoy NFL would also be impressed by Rugby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stonedlove)
    I've heard that some Americans are getting into Rugby and really enjoy watching it. Do you have any ideas why people who enjoy NFL would also be impressed by Rugby?
    Well normally I only hear one side criticizing the other but people who are actually fair can see the good in both sports. Its a tiny bit similar to American football and there's some big hits. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I was never interested in rugby but over the last year I've really got into American Football, perhaps it was the novelty of a new sport in the beginning that hooked me. Weird thinking about it tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.