Is Scottish independence a 'good or bad' thing? Watch

Poll: Should Scotland be an independent country?
YES (299)
32.12%
NO (632)
67.88%
This discussion is closed.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maths Tutor)
Why do you spend your waking life on this thread then?

Don't you have anything better to do?
Lot's to do. But ensuring a group of economic illeterates spreading BS in order to gain an outcome that will screw my, my family, my friends and my kids future seems a small price to pay.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheBugle)

The barrage is pretty constant
, whether it'd be from the media or from this very website.
Ah. Wings over Scotland. The website set up by a fake reverend living in Bath.

I always have a distinct distrust of any organisation that uses stylised eagle wings as part of its sigil.

Imperial Rome
Napoleonic France
Tsarist Russia
Modern Russia
Austro-Hungarian Empire
Prussia
Imperial Germany
Nazi Germany
Royal Air Force

I mean that some seriously dastardly company there.
TheBugle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
So you've done the standard YeSNP approach of cherry picking which paragraphs to read.
Don't worry. I'd blame someone else too, if I made a complete arse of myself like you just did there.

Oh yea, BT is pretty much a voice for Westminster, but you don't see me coming out with that crap lol.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't worry. I'd blame someone else too, if I made a complete arse of myself like you just did there.

Oh yea, BT is pretty much a voice for Westminster, but you don't see me coming out with that crap lol.
Issue no arse myself. You were given the report and cherry picked information out if it. I know I'll not convince you otherwise, but others will have a chance to read it.
Boab
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe when we declare Independence we should annex the north of England? Maybe just Cumbria and Northumberland first, then work downwards, after they have voted for it in a snap-referendum obviously.

http://www.news-cloud.co.uk/TheGuard...IanMartin.html
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
Maybe when we declare Independence we should annex the north of England? Maybe just Cumbria and Northumberland first, then work downwards, after they have voted for it in a snap-referendum obviously.

http://www.news-cloud.co.uk/TheGuard...IanMartin.html
Oh. You're using new cloud.

Any chance of the original link?

You are aware that those are the areas that your compliaing about 'taking Scottish oil money'
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh. You're using new cloud.

Any chance of the original link?

You are aware that those are the areas that your compliaing about 'taking Scottish oil money'
I have never once said that.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/01/scotland-vote-yes-scottish-independence
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
I have never once said that.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/01/scotland-vote-yes-scottish-independence
No you haven't. I'm merely pointing out that that's where the money goes. (And Wales and NI) not London and the south east.
CFL2013
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
More fiscal reality for Alex to deal with.....

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politic...obref=obinsite

So, a quick recap of the current SNP economic position:

After apparently walking away from iScotlands share of liabilities (lol) after being refused currency union, losing billions more than the original share of the debt in reserves and assets in the process, Salmond then has to help fill an enormous private pension black hole (up to 225bn apparently). He may then have to borrow on the credit markets at punishing rates, what with him just having dropped a nice big default and having no credit history. The rUK presumably will not be in the best of moods with him to help him out with a cross border arrangement either. Anything I've missed chaps?

This is beginning to remind me a lot of that Iraqi propaganda minister just before the Americans turned up. The denial is incredible.

Name:  07-minister.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  10.3 KB

I know it won't happen, but I so want a Yes vote, it would be amazing to watch from down here.
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CFL2013)

After apparently walking away from iScotlands share of liabilities (lol) after being refused currency union, losing billions more than the original share of the debt in reserves and assets in the process, Salmond then has to help fill an enormous private pension black hole (up to 225bn apparently). He may then have to borrow on the credit markets at punishing rates, what with him just having dropped a nice big default and having no credit history. The rUK presumably will not be in the best of moods with him to help him out with a cross border arrangement either. Anything I've missed chaps?

This is beginning to remind me a lot of that Iraqi propaganda minister just before the Americans turned up. The denial is incredible.

I know it won't happen, but I so want a Yes vote, it would be amazing to watch from down here.
So as someone from down south your view on the situation is that Scotland is a country that cannot survive without England's help, and whilst Scotland suffers you will laugh.

It's views like this that convert more undecideds to YES every day.
CFL2013
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
So as someone from down south your view on the situation is that Scotland is a country that cannot survive without England's help, and whilst Scotland suffers you will laugh.

Where have I said that then? I've said the Yes campaigns policies are economically illiterate. Scotland would be fine if there was actually someone competent running it.

And sorry to disappoint you and your anti-English bigotry pal, but I'm more Scottish than English. Get that up ye.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)

I'm from Scotland and would agree fully with the comments. It's the same problem for any other part of the UK that wishes to leave.

Could you spare me the 'every day we're converting more undecideds to vote yes line' I've been hearing it for years' they've achieved a whopping 2 to 3% swing
TheBugle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Maybe we should stop creaming our pants and wait until it's been officially officially ruled out (e.g being told there's no CU after there's been a Yes vote in reality). It'll be hard, but I'm sure you can restrain yourself :yy:
TheBugle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Issue no arse myself. You were given the report and cherry picked information out if it. I know I'll not convince you otherwise, but others will have a chance to read it.
:lol: I just realised I copied and pasted from the exact same bit as you did (p3), but I included a bit that you accidentally left out. Yes, I'm the one cherry-picking :lol: :yy:
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Where have I said that then? I've said the Yes campaigns policies are economically illiterate. Scotland would be fine if there was actually someone competent running it.

And sorry to disappoint you and your anti-English bigotry pal, but I'm more Scottish than English. Get that up ye.
Get it up ye? Grow up son!

You more than clearly imply it in your whole post, especially the text I bolded for you.

The old anti-English bigotry card too. Pathetic.

As for your nationality, I couldn't care less. I welcome all races and creeds in Scotland, including the English!
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm from Scotland and would agree fully with the comments. It's the same problem for any other part of the UK that wishes to leave.

Clarify for me please. The comments meaning Scotland needs England's help to cope?

Could you spare me the 'every day we're converting more undecideds to vote yes line' I've been hearing it for years' they've achieved a whopping 2 to 3% swing

No
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:lol: I just realised I copied and pasted from the exact same bit as you did (p3), but I included a bit that you accidentally left out. Yes, I'm the one cherry-picking :lol: :yy:
No, MS36 is allowed to cherry pick, not you. Haven't you read the rules yet?
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No you didnt
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
Get it up ye? Grow up son!

You more than clearly imply it in your whole post, especially the text I bolded for you.

The old anti-English bigotry card too. Pathetic.

As for your nationality, I couldn't care less. I welcome all races and creeds in Scotland, including the English!
Alas,any of us have witnessed it. Guess who they normally support
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Alas,any of us have witnessed it. Guess who they normally support
Are you suggesting that there might be people who want Scottish independence that don't like the English, and Unionists who don't like the Scottish?

What next? Water is drinkable?!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads