The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What the grade limits in Eng Lit GCSE AQA ? I got score of 140, am I on the borderline for a B/C ?
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
The only real universal essential is AAA at A-level. Everything else varies per the university you apply to, so you'll have to do your research to find that out! We've got a great wiki here to start you off.

Sort of - how they're used depends on where you apply! Different universities have different scoring systems, use GCSEs in different ways, and put different weightings on things. For starters, we've got a list of all the minimum requirements for GCSEs here. But this doesn't tell you how a university uses your GCSEs! To find that out requires more research. :tongue:

Wow. UCL has lower than expected requirements. Lol
Reply 7762
Original post by sophiamarni
nope it wont i wish i got that many As i just got 1 and minor A*s

thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Yusuf bhatti
GUYS!!! you know the feeling when you hold your tears in soo much that you can cry for days? well thats my feeling right now! 2B's, 5C's,1D and 1E. I know my family are all really dissapointed in me but are tring to help me get in a college somewhere. My family are all smart with my dad being a doctor and my brother and sister also getting into good unis. I don't know whereever to do Betc for Engeniring or A-Levels with Physics, Maths and either economics or accounting please guts WHICH ONE SHOULD I DO???? and if i get good A-Levels could i get in Manchester uni? Or are my GCSE's too bad????????

first of all commiserations, i think that the a-levels you're thinking about are not easy (but then again no a-level is really a breeze) but if you are admitted in a college/sixth form to do them i reckon that a-levels are generally more desired than BTECs by most universities. that being said, you should concentrate on your future goal and try to get the best grades you possibly can at a-level.
however, if circumstances lead you to doing BTEC, then it's not the end of the world. in fact, some people could do better at BTEC than if they did a-levels.
I was predicted: 5 A*s, 3 As and 2 Bs.

I got: 8 A*s and 2 As.

Couldn't be happier! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Darnell LD97
hey guys i was wondering whether a distinction* btec is equivalent to 2A*s at GCSE

Technically speaking they are, but for UNIS BTEC do not count as GCSE as far as I have heard. Tbh, even not capable people got like 6A* (Distinction).. I did everything GCSE not BTECS at all, 2A*, 4A, 3B, 2C
Reply 7766
Original post by ryanb97
I got 7A* 2As A in Add maths A in AS maths 4Dist* 4Dist

oh .. both As were in language and lit

my school is kindah crap though tbh .... they have like a 48% A*-c rate :| lol

Hbu ?

Ryan

Well done!:smile: I got an A in language- but already paying for 2 remarks:tongue:

I got 6A*s 3As 1B , i hope my remarks can push it up to 7A*s and 3As :biggrin:
Original post by marie farie
i think that it might be worth remarking the english exams as the marks are more open for consideration than, say , maths where the the answer is right/wrong. but if it's not your final GCSE year, work hard the following year and you'll SMASH your resits. all in all, you know whether you think you did enough for an a* and should base your resits on how likely you think you will get the higher grade.

hope that helped.:smile:

thank you so much! that was extremely helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone PLEASE tell that when will I get my subject marks of edexcel igcse results?...

And also when and how can I know about the
highest achievers of the world for this session...
I got 1 mark off a C in English Language but got a middle high C in English Literature. Does this have any effect on later life? Also should I get a remark or resit the exam... Seeing as how I took so many support classes and I am relieved that I just missed/got a C. :yes:
Original post by iamlynchy
thank you so much! that was extremely helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got a d in eng lang but a b in lit remarking
Original post by sr234
Well done!:smile: I got an A in language- but already paying for 2 remarks:tongue:

I got 6A*s 3As 1B , i hope my remarks can push it up to 7A*s and 3As :biggrin:

oh wow well done!!

i wish i had done that many subjects grrr lol
i am remarking language ... i worked harder for both englishs than i did for any other subject lol

Ryan
Hi guys do you think I stand a chance for med school
English Lang a*
English lit a*
Chemistry a*
Physics *
Maths a*
Phil eth a*
A level maths a*
Ad maths a
Business studies a
Geography a
Biology a
German b
Do you think my gcse's will be considered holistically as I did an a level within the same duration of time

SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile
guys how do you how many marks you got and stuff like how far you were of the next grade
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yusuf bhatti
GUYS!!! you know the feeling when you hold your tears in soo much that you can cry for days? well thats my feeling right now! 2B's, 5C's,1D and 1E. I know my family are all really dissapointed in me but are tring to help me get in a college somewhere. My family are all smart with my dad being a doctor and my brother and sister also getting into good unis. I don't know whereever to do Betc for Engeniring or A-Levels with Physics, Maths and either economics or accounting please guts WHICH ONE SHOULD I DO???? and if i get good A-Levels could i get in Manchester uni? Or are my GCSE's too bad????????

Well done on getting those results... I got the same but with 2 Ds... I would be proud that you got GCSEs that are half decent! :-) Same with my family that they are all really clever, i choose to do a BTEC because i knew that I am not as clever as them and didn't want to risk failing A-levels! :-)
Reply 7775
Original post by ryanb97
oh wow well done!!

i wish i had done that many subjects grrr lol
i am remarking language ... i worked harder for both englishs than i did for any other subject lol

Ryan

Haha it won't hold you back anyhow:smile:
How many UMS were you away for language? Are you going to appeal for a remark in Lit?
Original post by jjpneed
Oxford don't, not sure about the others

I'm afraid they do, for medicine.

Original post by curiousninja
Wow. UCL has lower than expected requirements. Lol

Meeting the entry requirements doesn't mean you'll get an offer, remember. Lots of universities have really low requirements compared to what'll actually get you an offer. For example, Edinburgh's minimum are Bs at GCSE, but they actually like to see >=8A*s with no Bs in your top 10 GCSEs for science/maths and then the humanities (this'll get you full-marks on the GCSE section of your application; you can certainly get less than this and still get an offer!).
The thing is, I only got 3 GCSE's A*-C than 5, that's really crap if you ask me, failed English and even citizenship, every one keeps sayin "It's so easy" but its hard as buck:frown:
no way I can go into Fulston Manor sixth form with these reresults now.

not surprised I failed English since I got a D, I've never been able to understand that stuff,I'm so bad at it that sometimes, when someone says somthing, I totally misunderstand what there sayin
I got an A in English language information and ideas in the January series, but i didnt go to the information and ideas resit in june because i got an A and they had to put an E on my results sheet so annoyed because it makes the A's look bad.

Ive got the best grade out of two anyway
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by XXSimranXX
guys how do you how many marks you got and stuff like how far you were of the next grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only know because my Head of English told me. :-)

Latest