Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Chemistry with a Year abroad. Not a gap year.

Cambridge, Imperial, Nottingham, Bristol and Cardiff atm.

I knew you'd say this.

I asked 100 potential medics what their honest reason was. 80 said one of the above
    I meant a gap year after your course, because I know you want to do the Cambridge NatSci. Work experience in France or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I knew you'd say this.

I asked 100 potential medics what their honest reason was. 80 said one of the above
    Hmmm I'm not too happy with that sample size given the widespread nature of this stereotype :eyeball:

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    I meant a gap year after your course, because I know you want to do the Cambridge NatSci. Work experience in France or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not France, God no.

I want to go somewhere my language isn't great, and exciting too, like China.

(Original post by MangoFreak)
    Hmmm I'm not too happy with that sample size given the widespread nature of this stereotype :eyeball:

:lol:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not France, God no.

I want to go somewhere my language isn't great, and exciting too, like China.

China would be good for the Chemistry, not so good for the being government monitored :ahee:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    China would be good for the Chemistry, not so good for the being government monitored :ahee:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can use tsr and whatsapp so it's all good.

Although I'd need Twitter :eek:

ReputationRep:
    People in my year have called me a waste of talent because I say I don't want to be a doctor/dentist, and their main argument is the money and when I say I don't really care about the money they just look horrified:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    People in my year have called me a waste of talent because I say I don't want to be a doctor/dentist, and their main argument is the money and when I say I don't really care about the money they just look horrified:rolleyes:
    That's a load of rubbish! I want to do film production because I love making films! (Hopefully at AUB ) Do what YOU want to do at uni not because of the money or your parents and stuff. Also EPIC CHRISTMAS DAY!

PS: I should have 4 mock exams in history, media and applied science (haven't started learning the content so not that fussed about how I do in applied) before feb half term and I haven't started revising yet :O

Have I left revision too late?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    The issue isn't really one about government monitoring (it's not like NSA/GCHQ monitoring has been big news recently this year :rolleyes:), Which occurs everywhere, but government restrictions on certain services. Meh it's not as bad as people think and were seeing increasingly 'liberal' policies from the government. A portion of Shanghai has had all restrictions removed as a test I believe. Not sure whether I could survive without YouTube though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many practical attempts do you get for Unit 3 Edexcel Chemistry? I know you can attempt each activity more than once but what is the maximum amount of times you can do another experiment and use your better mark?

Please someone help me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted on here but I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone Hope you're all having a great day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Happy Boxing Day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    How many practical attempts do you get for Unit 3 Edexcel Chemistry? I know you can attempt each activity more than once but what is the maximum amount of times you can do another experiment and use your better mark?

Please someone help me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it all depends on your teacher. Some teachers are so nice that they will make you do experiments during lunch time make up your poor grades in experiments.. Some teachers.......ohohoh the opposite

ReputationRep:
    Nice :mmm: Morons

What do you want to do (if anything)?

ReputationRep:
    Nice :mmm: Morons

What do you want to do (if anything)?
    Not really sure, Engineering stands out to me at the moment but it doesn't really inspire me and you?

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure, Engineering stands out to me at the moment but it doesn't really inspire me and you?
    Physics :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Physics :awesome:
    Nice, what subjects you studying? I think Physics at Uni would get too weird and complicated for me haha

ReputationRep:
    Nice, what subjects you studying? I think Physics at Uni would get too weird and complicated for me haha
    Physics Maths F. Maths Chemistry Psychology and Latin

ReputationRep:
    Physics Maths F. Maths Chemistry Psychology and Latin
    How is Latin? is it hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackTeh96)
    it all depends on your teacher. Some teachers are so nice that they will make you do experiments during lunch time make up your poor grades in experiments.. Some teachers.......ohohoh the opposite
    So there is no limit from Edexcel i.e you could do each activity 10 times?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackTeh96)
    How is Latin? is it hard?
    From what I've heard - As Latin is easy (I could do some passages at GCSE) but A2 is a lot harder

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.