Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Which youngsters has Mourinho nurtured into worldies?

I'll make this easy for you: for every player you can name, I'll name three that Wenger has transformed.
    Well he can go manage the u16s then cus it's done us **** all has it

ReputationRep:
    Which youngsters has Mourinho nurtured into worldies?

I'll make this easy for you: for every player you can name, I'll name three that Wenger has transformed.
    He's talking performance wise.

If you're talking worldies(i.e. world class players) for Wenger, there's literally 3 players in the past 10 years he's transformed into worldies. That being Fabregas, Ramsey, Koscielny(was not a youngster) and that's it really. Maybe Wilshere too. Nasri had a good half season but was generally average/inconsistent. Song was average, Diaby is always injured etc.

I'd say that Lamps was transformed to a worldie under Mourinho(although he wasn't a youngster like with Koscielny), same for Robben, same for Varane.

Since worldie means world class players and your team is generally pretty devoid of world class talent(or they're sold the second they become world class) then you can't really talk about this.

If you're saying how many players he got playing at a half competent level on the cheap, Wenger trumps Mourinho there by a mile.

ReputationRep:
    lol dos santos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Chelsea are still in evolution, I don't think the squad is strong enough to win the league if I'm being honest. I don't get why we're under unnecessary pressure. Just because we have a striker and a midfielder doesn't mean we'll be doing great from day one. Chelsea need a game plan capable of breaking down smaller teams and tbh Mourinho has had this problem all throughout his career besides at Madrid, even then when a team parked the bus Madrid almost always ran out of ideas(see United game and dortmund at the bernabeu) and rely on fluke goals and inspiration.

This is why Chelsea aren't winning the league next season, we need 3 more signings.
    You spent more than £100m last summer and then have already spent £60m on two world class signings this year.

Your whole 'Chelsea are not ready' agenda is bull****. Mourinho should have been sacked based on last season and Roman's past record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Well he can go manage the u16s then cus it's done us **** all has it
    Aside from a brand new stadium, with state of the art facilities, huge cash reserves, promising youth, CL football since the dawn of mankind, and, ultimately, a sustainable club.

There's nothing special about Real, Chelsea, PSG, City, et cetera. Whether it's being bankrolled by the Spanish government or petrodollars, pumping money into clubs every year in order for them to compete isn't sustainable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    lol dos santos
    Why is Song on set piece duty?! :rofl: Manager must have seen those two assists for RVC and now thinks he can do it consistently!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Chelsea are still in evolution, I don't think the squad is strong enough to win the league if I'm being honest. I don't get why we're under unnecessary pressure. Just because we have a striker and a midfielder doesn't mean we'll be doing great from day one. Chelsea need a game plan capable of breaking down smaller teams and tbh Mourinho has had this problem all throughout his career besides at Madrid, even then when a team parked the bus Madrid almost always ran out of ideas(see United game and dortmund at the bernabeu) and rely on fluke goals and inspiration.

This is why Chelsea aren't winning the league next season, we need 3 more signings.
    Sounding like Mou and all that little horse bull****!! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gottahaveit)
    You spent more than £100m last summer and then have already spent £60m on two world class signings this year.

Your whole 'Chelsea are not ready' agenda is bull****. Mourinho should have been sacked based on last season and Roman's past record.
    They made £90m back tbf

ReputationRep:
    Aside from a brand new stadium, with state of the art facilities, huge cash reserves, promising youth, CL football since the dawn of mankind, and, ultimately, a sustainable club.

There's nothing special about Real, Chelsea, PSG, City, et cetera. Whether it's being bankrolled by the Spanish government or petrodollars, pumping money into clubs every year in order for them to compete isn't sustainable.
    The youth team is ****

Cash reserves are the hard work of Ivan gazidis

4th place what an achievement with some of the teams he's had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Why is Song on set piece duty?! :rofl: Manager must have seen those two assists for RVC and now thinks he can do it consistently!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    mexico should have this wrapped up. u just kno that these referee blunders gonna happen in an england game and tsr is gonna blow up with rage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    They made £90m back tbf
    Either way, players Mourinho didn't like replaced by players of Mourinho's choice.

There is absolutely no excuse.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if eto'o or MLK

ReputationRep:
    The youth team is ****

Cash reserves are the hard work of Ivan gazidis
    Right.

4th place what an achievement with some of the teams he's had
    7 points off the top with the injuries we've had and an FA Cup - not too shabby.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Stalin;48153460]
    The youth team is ****

Right.

7 points off the top with the injuries we've had and an FA Cup - not too shabby.
    One half good season makes up for 10 years of failure?

Brendan Rodgers is basically the blueprint for how to succeed

The youth team are towards the bottom of most the youth league tables

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea are a team to look up to in youth development a great youth setup

ReputationRep:

Right.

Our youth team is absolutely rubbish. Since cohort that won the 2009 youth cup (who were all quickly dispersed), no one has shown near the ability to be a squad player apart from man like Chuba.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't really call making youth players teenage millionaire a model to follow but they have a brilliant set up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gottahaveit)

We've spent 60M but also got rid of a 50M pound asset.

I don't have an agenda. I just don't believe we have what it takes to win the title. We should have got a striker and 2 CMs last season to win the title, we didn't, now City have that impetus and Liverpool are back again. I'll be happy with 2nd place next season and a trophy. Potentially CL I guess.

ReputationRep:
    You must be joking, they have one of the very worst youth development records in English football going all the way back to the 1980s. Absolutely no tradition for it, and gathering a load of expensive youngsters based on scout reports from all over the world does not translate into developing players.

Why do they even bother having an academy? Trying to create the façade of a non-plastic club no doubt.

ReputationRep:

Right.

The youth system is a strange one, yes we have some exceptional individual talent but as a collective we are pretty bad. Our U21s finished 14th out of 22 and our U18s got relegated!

The cash reserves is more Gazidis than AW. Gazidis is the one in meetings with Emirates and Puma seeing if they are mug enough to give us a lot if money. The money that Arsebe brings in is from selling out best players.

7 points a ridiculous amount of goals short. We need a proper goalscorer. As for the FA Cup, do you think we would have reached the final had City beaten Wigan? Probably not, once that happened the draw opened up and Hull **** themselves!

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.