• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I'm disgusted by the amount of Twitter spam bots using Elisabeth Sladen's name to spread their crap... It's the one bloody fault of the whole trending idea of Twitter.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    "Doctor Who returns on Saturday and a spokeswoman for the show said that "something suitable is being planned" as a tribute to the late actress."

I can imagine they'd show a little tribute to her at the end of the first episode.

She was a trending topic all through the night on Twitter, it was so nice to see she had so much love.

In a way, I hope they don't continue with SJA, whilst I loved the few episodes I did watch I just don't think it'd be the same without her, she made that show what it was.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...-memories.html

I love Tom Baker's tribute to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Unless it's just a "In memory of" or "Dedicated to" screen at the end.
    I'd be surprised, they'll have fans screaming bloody murder if that was all they did for her, even in new Who she was still popular enough to get her own spinoff.

A montage of clips of her life and role in Doctor who?

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine so. I'd definitely be annoyed if they only did a little dedication or in memory of. The only thing that might stop them doing something bigger is finding time in the schedule - but given there's live programming on afterwards, I believe, they can trim some of the fat off of that since they always try to give themselves enough buffer on live TV.

ReputationRep:
    I actually shed a tear when I heard about this. RIP Elisabeth Sladen. :cry2:

I grew up watching classic Doctor Who reruns, and both she and Romana have been my favourite assistants since I was a little girl. Gone, but never ever forgotten :heart:

ReputationRep:
    I am desvasted at the loss of Lis, she was so young and so brave. It's really shocked the whole DW community on Gallifrey Base, especially seeing as Nick Courtney only passed away in February.
    It still hasn't really sunk in yet.

"A tear, Sarah Jane? No, don't cry. While there's life, there's..."

I hope she's up there with Pertwee and the Brig in Doctor Who heaven, rest in peace, Lis. <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalnitrate)
    I am desvasted at the loss of Lis, she was so young and so brave. It's really shocked the whole DW community on Gallifrey Base, especially seeing as Nick Courtney only passed away in February.
    It still hasn't really sunk in yet.

&quot;A tear, Sarah Jane? No, don't cry. While there's life, there's...&quot;

I hope she's up there with Pertwee and the Brig in Doctor Who heaven, rest in peace, Lis. &lt;3
    same i still cant believe shes gone.. so sad..

ReputationRep:
    http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/04...th-sladen.html

They'll be showing an entire tribute programme, 15 minutes in length, on CBBC between when Doctor Who finishes at 6:45 on BBC1 and when Doctor Who confidential begins at 7 on BBC3.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    David Tennant will be on BBC Breakfast this morning. He's on to plug United, but no doubt he'll say a few words about Lis.

ReputationRep:

The aforementioned interview.

Edit: Just finished watching it - didn't mention Lis.

Edit2: They did mention it, that clip just cut it out...

Edit3: Another interview with Arthur and Karen.

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Matt Smith tells Trevor Eve where to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)

The aforementioned interview.

Edit: Just finished watching it - didn't mention Lis.

Edit2: They did mention it, that clip just cut it out...

Edit3: Another interview with Arthur and Karen.

The last video is blocked because it "contains content from Channel 4". Which is odd, because to me it looks like it's a clip from BBC News.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    The last video is blocked because it "contains content from Channel 4". Which is odd, because to me it looks like it's a clip from BBC News.
    It is. It's from this morning's BBC Breakfast.

:confused:

Hehe

Doctor Who supremo Steven Moffat has also responded to criticism of the show, recently griping that if you want to know how popular Doctor Who is in Britain, consider this: “Doctor Who is the show celebrities trash when they’re desperate for more attention.”

ReputationRep:
    The cast talking about the first episode.

"Silence will fall" countdown teaser

And finally a synopsis of episode 3 - Curse of the Black Spot

Spoiler:
    Show
    The TARDIS is marooned onboard a 17th-century pirate ship whose crew is being attacked by a mysterious and beautiful sea creature, as the time-travelling drama continues.

Becalmed and beset by cabin fever, the pirates have numerous superstitious explanations for the Siren’s appearance. The Doctor has other ideas but, as his theories are disproved and every plan of escape is thwarted, he must work to win the trust of the implacable Captain Avery and uncover the truth behind the pirates’ supernatural fears – and he must work quickly, for some of his friends have already fallen under the Siren’s spell…

The Doctor is played by Matt Smith, Captain Avery by Hugh Bonneville, Amy by Karen Gillan and Rory by Arthur Darvill.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/news/#ixzz1KAmRGESa

ReputationRep:
    Steven Moffat on telling Alex Kingston more about what's going on than Matt Smith.

"I’d turn up on set and Alex would come over to me and cover her radio mike and have a whispered conversation with me, while I could see out of the corner of my eye Matt standing there going ‘But… I’m the star of the show!’"

Made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you delete the post, Ape?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.