UCL Medicine 2010 Watch

Tempest_rw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ignoramus)
Woo same day as my Imperial one!

Interesting that UCL are already giving out Feb interviews.
Ah nice one, I want an Imperial one too!!!!
What time's your interview?
Ignoramus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tempest_rw)
Ah nice one, I want an Imperial one too!!!!
What time's your interview?
My interview's at 16:00 but there's a tour of the campus which starts at 12:00. So I get the feeling I'm going to be waiting a while after my interview!
friends
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey i got a 20.6 in my bmat (5.2,4.9,10.5) what do you think are my chances to get a guaranteed interview
Scherzando225
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by friends)
hey i got a 20.6 in my bmat (5.2,4.9,10.5) what do you think are my chances to get a guaranteed interview
well you have no chance of getting a guaranteed interview cos you didn't get 5 5 9:yep:

...but you should still get one, depending on the rest of your application
friends
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thanks
Primordial Soup
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey !

Can anybody inform me of the term start dates for both UCL and Kings. UCAS says 1st september but other places have said dates like 28th Sepetember. I can't seem to find the info on their respective websites

Anyone?
Onychophagia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Had my interview today. It was very strange.
Ignoramus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Onychophagia)
Had my interview today. It was very strange.
How so?
Onychophagia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ignoramus)
How so?
They gave me a stress interview. :wizard:

They didn't ask me any standard questions and nothing about anything on my PS. They just asked me odd questions then disagreed with pretty much everything I said . :rofl:

Felt I did OK though, Que sera, sera.
Lost_Cause
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

They didn't ask me any standard questions and nothing about anything on my PS. They just asked me odd questions then disagreed with pretty much everything I said . :rofl:

How strange! Maybe they thought everything else about you was so wonderful they didnt need to bother

I think my interview was the complete opposite, they just sat there and agreed with everything i said! Well they didnt comment, so i assume they didnt object :o:
Onychophagia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lost_Cause)
How strange! Maybe they thought everything else about you was so wonderful they didnt need to bother

I think my interview was the complete opposite, they just sat there and agreed with everything i said! Well they didnt comment, so i assume they didnt object :o:
I think that's wishful thinking. :p:

Was yours today?
Ignoramus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Ooh sounds interesting! Wouldn't have minded a stress interview, I don't know how I'd react but it would be an experience!
kaz88
Report 9 years ago
I'm sure you did fine .. The main aim of these stress interviews is to get you to defend yourself!

Its been one whole week since my interview .. Still no reply .. I haven't slept in days!
Spencer Wells
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Primordial Soup)
hey !

Can anybody inform me of the term start dates for both UCL and Kings. UCAS says 1st september but other places have said dates like 28th Sepetember. I can't seem to find the info on their respective websites

Anyone?
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/staff/term-dates/2010-11/
LoveFromMe
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews or when they give rejections?? I haven't heard a thing
spaceheater
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LoveFromMe)
Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews or when they give rejections?? I haven't heard a thing
I was rejected today so yes they've started rejecting. I also know of people who have been interviewed and of people who have offers. Btw they rejected me because the essay section of my BMAT (4.5) was below average despite 10A*s, 5As (two of them being in essay subjects where my UMS was 95% and 99%) so ... heads up I guess because I saw your section 2 score. So much for UCL considering an applicant's whole profile.
reneewe
Report 9 years ago
Hey was anyone here interviewed on the 12th after lunch?
=) eg aliana (sp?)
Scherzando225
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by spaceheater)
I was rejected today so yes they've started rejecting. I also know of people who have been interviewed and of people who have offers. Btw they rejected me because the essay section of my BMAT (4.5) was below average despite 10A*s, 5As (two of them being in essay subjects where my UMS was 95% and 99%) so ... heads up I guess because I saw your section 2 score. So much for UCL considering an applicant's whole profile.
how did you manage 4.5 when you did so well at gcse?:confused:
spaceheater
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Scherzando225)
how did you manage 4.5 when you did so well at gcse?:confused:
Examiner = b****

I still can't believe my essay score. I've been over all the points I made in my essay with my friends (a lot of them were similar) and I'm not a bad essay writer or anything, in fact I was urged to take English Lit at AS. Sooo I don't know how.
Ignoramus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by spaceheater)
Examiner = b****

I still can't believe my essay score. I've been over all the points I made in my essay with my friends (a lot of them were similar) and I'm not a bad essay writer or anything, in fact I was urged to take English Lit at AS. Sooo I don't know how.
I think there's a lot of random chance in it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (385)
37.23%
No - but I will (80)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (497)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise