Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Awwh I cannot wait to join societies etc
    Anyone thinking about a society or sport club they want to join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Hey!

Ihave got an offer for Business Management at Trent, was wondering are you changing course cos it isnt good? :eek:
    Well don't want to put you off, but I hate it! But as you can tell, I've gone for a huge change in what i'm doing so that's just me. I hadn't done business a level or gcse and didn't realise how boring I would find it really. If you have any questions about the first year though let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenh)
    Well don't want to put you off, but I hate it! But as you can tell, I've gone for a huge change in what i'm doing so that's just me. I hadn't done business a level or gcse and didn't realise how boring I would find it really. If you have any questions about the first year though let me know!
    Daaaamn, and just when i was thinking of having it as a firm/insurance :eek:

Except for finding it boring, is there anything else ishould know about the degree, are the lectures good, are the group tutorials useful and are the lecturers good at teaching the modules?

Cheers for any help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanniehald)
    paintball
    american football
    football

and many more

but i think you have to pay to join societies

ReputationRep:
    American Football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Daaaamn, and just when i was thinking of having it as a firm/insurance :eek:

Except for finding it boring, is there anything else ishould know about the degree, are the lectures good, are the group tutorials useful and are the lecturers good at teaching the modules?

Cheers for any help!
    Well I don't know anyone else that hates it like I do, if business is what you definately want to do don't let me put you off because Trent is an amazing uni and I love living here, which is why I'm staying here next year.

There isn't that much teaching time, just 5 one hour lectures and 5 one hour seminars per week plus an extra seminar every fortnight, some lecturers are better than others, I think personally you can get through the year by just learning from the books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francistheswole)
    paintball
    american football
    football

and many more

(Original post by loves2spooge)
    American Football
    Good lads! Renegades time in a few months baby! Also might look into football and look what other more relaxed societies they have

ReputationRep:
    paintball
    american football
    football

and many more

What about the sport clubs? do you have to pay as well?

ReputationRep:
    i really wanna start working out to loose some weight and that but i hate sports, i just thought since the school is so sports involved i might find something less scary than the usual ones (football, basket,anything where balls are involved).

i also heard something about the gym card giving you access to sports clubs as well how does this work?

also what other like non sports society's are there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth)
    i really wanna start working out to loose some weight and that but i hate sports, i just thought since the school is so sports involved i might find something less scary than the usual ones (football, basket,anything where balls are involved).

i also heard something about the gym card giving you access to sports clubs as well how does this work?

also what other like non sports society's are there?
    Go look here - http://www.trentstudents.org/

ReputationRep:
    Just booked my room at Hampden hall, Flat 13! Anyone else at Hampden?

ReputationRep:
    I hope these months fly by...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandwine)
    I hope these months fly by...
    I'm sure they will

ReputationRep:
    came back from the nottingham trent open day. the uni is hyoogeee. the facilities are pretty good. the sports center is amazing! the gym is brand new and is pretty big. the lrc is kinda old looking but who cares its a library. Peverell isn't run down, i went into one of the rooms, it may be a bit small but it looks like a lot of fun. i couldn't take any pictures. i went on the uni link bus, it's pretty quick to get to the city center from clifton. about 15-20mins so if you commute from city to clifton it won't take long and nights out won't be a problem. but the bus routes and stops are kinda confusing.

the city center itself is exciting everything is close by etc.

sorry for the quick review. i know i'm gonna have a **** load of fun at NTU and i've just firmed it

edit: if any of you guys have questions i'll try to answer them

ReputationRep:
    came back from the nottingham trent open day. the uni is hyoogeee. the facilities are pretty good. the sports center is amazing! the gym is brand new and is pretty big. the lrc is kinda old looking but who cares its a library. Peverell isn't run down, i went into one of the rooms, it may be a bit small but it looks like a lot of fun. i couldn't take any pictures. i went on the uni link bus, it's pretty quick to get to the city center from clifton. about 15-20mins so if you commute from city to clifton it won't take long and nights out won't be a problem. but the bus routes and stops are kinda confusing.

sorry for the quick review. i know i'm gonna have a **** load of fun at NTU and i've just firmed it

Tks a lot ! Can you say sth about City halls ? like Hampden, Sandby

ReputationRep:

Gongrats on the firm, I firmed yesterday!

Yes, the bus routes ARE SO confusing. I lost my way back in feb! Do you know anything about what it might cost monthly with bus expenses? like is there a month card for £ x? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pia Dang)
    Tks a lot ! Can you say sth about City halls ? like Hampden, Sandby
    unfortunately no, i tried to view the city campus but i didn't know what to look for and i didn't bother asking. but what i can say is i saw more students than anything,

atlleast 80%

i really wanted to view the city halls

ReputationRep:
    Gongrats on the firm, I firmed yesterday!

Yes, the bus routes ARE SO confusing. I lost my way back in feb! Do you know anything about what it might cost monthly with bus expenses? like is there a month card for £ x? :O
    i dunno how much is it monthly but for a year i think you can buy a pass for 200, and if you live on some of the city campuses you get free bus travel.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to be studying Decorative Arts in september? would be nice to hear from you! x

ReputationRep:
    anyone third floor gill street? flat E467?! xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.