TSR Pagan Society Watch

TheKingOfTSR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DeathGuardElite)
No Saturn i believe could not.

Erm the planets were named after the gods also Saturday is named after Saturn.

>.> <.< that's a rather stupid question tbh I have to tell you to use common sense on this one because its a question you should not even ask the answer should be already known XD
Ave Saturnus ! Where the **** is Saturn? What happened to Saturn?? How did Saturn loose power?

So Saturn or some God came to Earth and made known his downfall or something?
DeathGuardElite
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tpos)
Ah ok, I'll google that later
focus on Nova Roma for the first bit

(Original post by TheKingOfTSR)
Ave Saturnus ! Where the **** is Saturn? What happened to Saturn?? How did Saturn loose power?

So Saturn or some God came to Earth and made known his downfall or something?
Mate get me a time machine and i'll go check.

for the first bit he was usurped he lost his position to Jupiter which you can find in a classical history text book.
for the second bit Seriously you say go see a scholar so i order to you to find a Priest of Saturn fly fly.

Stupid questions get stupid answers but it makes quite clear you are not European born or you'd know that! as its a key part of History in schools!
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys I wanna know who is getting ready for saturnalia or the winter solistice

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheKingOfTSR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No one :')
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
x
If Saturnia is half as cool as Beltane then I am a convert >_> From about 2:35 onwards, it looks quite awesome :awesome:

DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Epicurean)
If Saturnia is half as cool as Beltane then I am a convert >_> From about 2:35 onwards, it looks quite awesome :awesome:

it does involve 7 days of drinkings XD
The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
it does involve 7 days of drinkings XD
I've given up drinking >_> Is there any fire? :teeth:
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Epicurean)
I've given up drinking >_> Is there any fire? :teeth:
the drinking is mainly due to every day being a party XD

Sure its not a requirement but if you wanna add it then sure XD
Hravan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys I wanna know who is getting ready for saturnalia or the winter solistice

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it all goes to plan, staying up all night with a bonfire in the back garden. Not for any religious reasons, but for just because reasons.
wildleaves
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woo winter solstice

Posted from TSR Mobile
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hravan)
If it all goes to plan, staying up all night with a bonfire in the back garden. Not for any religious reasons, but for just because reasons.
ooooo fire

(Original post by wildleaves)
Woo winter solstice

Posted from TSR Mobile
woo! XD haha
Three Mile Sprint
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looking forward to Yule(Mother night)and the Solistice immensely, bring on twelve nights of fires, singing, stories. oaths, toasts and praising the God's
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
Looking forward to Yule(Mother night)and the Solistice immensely, bring on twelve nights of fires, singing, stories. oaths, toasts and praising the God's
woo! I'm gonna go on an adventure while partly drunk into nature XD cause i am the only pagan in my house and its a tad difficult also my parents practically force me to celebrate Christmas with them -_-.
Three Mile Sprint
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
woo! I'm gonna go on an adventure while partly drunk into nature XD cause i am the only pagan in my house and its a tad difficult also my parents practically force me to celebrate Christmas with them -_-.
I don't mind Christmas, half of the traditions are Pagan anyway and the rest is cultural baggage, unless you got to Church it's pretty much a secular holidays nowadays, my advice to you is just to enjoy it as time with your family.

Family is important.
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
I don't mind Christmas, half of the traditions are Pagan anyway and the rest is cultural baggage, unless you got to Church it's pretty much a secular holidays nowadays, my advice to you is just to enjoy it as time with your family.

Family is important.
I try to enjoy it.
Issue is me and my family don't really get on.

Plus i have to do both Saturnalia and Yule.
Saturnalia ends on the 21st and includes my winter solstice.
then i do Yule XD

because of what Nova Roma is i can be both a Nova Roma pagan and a Norse pagan.
EvaStarshine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello all,

I've decided to put a little altar in my room (seemed like a good time since I recently managed to clean out some old stuff and get a bunch new space) and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, whilst I've found most of what I want there are a few things which I'm either having trouble with or are too expensive when I have found them and I just wondered what you guys use as alternatives (E.g. I have a nice wine glass I'm using as a chalice, and a mini ice bucket as a cauldron to put burning paper in until I have the cash to get a nice cast-iron on). The specific objects are: An athame, a boline and a pentacle. The latter isn't hard to find, so much as it seems a little expensive to get a larger one, as opposed to one of the little necklace charms. Could I just make my own by printing a design on onto some paper or card?

Secondly, just out of interest what do you guys have on your altars? I know everyone here will have different beliefs and interests, and it'd just be interesting to me to hear about it, if people are willing to share.

Thank you
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EvaStarshine)
Hello all,

I've decided to put a little altar in my room (seemed like a good time since I recently managed to clean out some old stuff and get a bunch new space) and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

Firstly, whilst I've found most of what I want there are a few things which I'm either having trouble with or are too expensive when I have found them and I just wondered what you guys use as alternatives (E.g. I have a nice wine glass I'm using as a chalice, and a mini ice bucket as a cauldron to put burning paper in until I have the cash to get a nice cast-iron on). The specific objects are: An athame, a boline and a pentacle. The latter isn't hard to find, so much as it seems a little expensive to get a larger one, as opposed to one of the little necklace charms. Could I just make my own by printing a design on onto some paper or card?

Secondly, just out of interest what do you guys have on your altars? I know everyone here will have different beliefs and interests, and it'd just be interesting to me to hear about it, if people are willing to share.

Thank you
XD where the heck did you come from? haha.

Hey :P

my alter is everything :P
EvaStarshine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
XD where the heck did you come from? haha.

Hey :P

my alter is everything :P
I was added a few months ago near the end of one of my TSR phases (I tend to dip in and out of using it) and never got around to posting here, though I did post in the ask a pagan thread. Haha expect me to be around for a few weeks, disappear and then reappear a couple of months later XD.
DeathGuardElite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EvaStarshine)
I was added a few months ago near the end of one of my TSR phases (I tend to dip in and out of using it) and never got around to posting here, though I did post in the ask a pagan thread. Haha expect me to be around for a few weeks, disappear and then reappear a couple of months later XD.
lol thats ok :P

Watching South Park and stuff XD

Hope you had a lovely day

btw you're a wiccan aint ya? :P
EvaStarshine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol thats ok :P

Watching South Park and stuff XD

Hope you had a lovely day

btw you're a wiccan aint ya? :P
Gotta love South Park! I've stopped watching until I've watched Game of Thrones, cause I didn't want to spoil more for myself than the first GoT themed episode did XD. I have thank you, I hope you have too

I'm undecided, as I'm still researching and trying to work it all out. I think I'll end up being eclectic, since I tend to like bits of all the various traditions and such I read about, but not like everything about them. Only thing I'm sure on is that I favour the Egyptian Pantheon XD I do like Wicca, and by chance most of the information I have seems to be about it, but I don't feel like it's quite right for me.

Setting my altar up now just feels like good timing, I can keep what I have gathered together in one spot and I have been doing a little candle based ritual before my exams since Year 11, and it'd be lovely to have a proper place to do it this time round I figured my altar and can change and adapt as I work out my beliefs and everything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads