PHYA2 (on my birthday )
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lady123)
I need a B overall in Maths and I messed up my D1 and S1 exams. I calculated my grades and I will need to get 90ums in C2, 86ums in C3 and 70ums in C4. I feel its not possible as I have not started revising them. Any tips or advise?
Well I wouldn't say its impossible however if you said you haven't started to revise for them then it's highly unlikely considering C2 is this Friday, however I wouldn't let that stop you, just work really hard from now and use your time effectively from now until your exams and you should be able to pull it off!

Basically make sure you understand the content, if you've got any queries about anything then make sure you clear these up straight away before doing past papers. Once you feel confident then start on the past papers treating the first 3 or so as casual ones to get the feel for how the exam will be but after those 3 you should try to do them all under the time constraints and exam conditions, this'll help you with time management so you don't run out of time in the actual exam.

After doing the past papers you should identify where you're making the mistakes and go through the section in the book to help you understand it better and also look at the markscheme and see if you can make sense of how they got their answer.

If you continuously follow these pieces of advice and others that suit your style then I can't see why you wouldn't be able to get the grade you need, just work hard now and don't slow down. Also don't panic about the exams as that's not going to help you at all and just normally tends in you making some silly mistakes that you wouldn't normally if you weren't under the pressure.

Good luck and I hope you get the grade you want!
lady123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MathsNerd1)
Well I wouldn't say its impossible however if you said you haven't started to revise for them then it's highly unlikely considering C2 is this Friday, however I wouldn't let that stop you, just work really hard from now and use your time effectively from now until your exams and you should be able to pull it off!

Basically make sure you understand the content, if you've got any queries about anything then make sure you clear these up straight away before doing past papers. Once you feel confident then start on the past papers treating the first 3 or so as casual ones to get the feel for how the exam will be but after those 3 you should try to do them all under the time constraints and exam conditions, this'll help you with time management so you don't run out of time in the actual exam.

After doing the past papers you should identify where you're making the mistakes and go through the section in the book to help you understand it better and also look at the markscheme and see if you can make sense of how they got their answer.

If you continuously follow these pieces of advice and others that suit your style then I can't see why you wouldn't be able to get the grade you need, just work hard now and don't slow down. Also don't panic about the exams as that's not going to help you at all and just normally tends in you making some silly mistakes that you wouldn't normally if you weren't under the pressure.

Good luck and I hope you get the grade you want!
Thanks a lot. I would do this. Hopefully we all get the grades we want.
User995789
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
0. All finish in may :gah:
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lady123)
Thanks a lot. I would do this. Hopefully we all get the grades we want.
Glad I could help

Posted from TSR Mobile
tsr1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1 down.. 6 to go!
Superunknown17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
4 which isn't too bad compared to last year where I had 7.
Business Studies: BUSS2 (Resit) and BUSS4
Economics: ECON3
Politics: Unit 4
leveridge96
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
AS....4 down 3 to go!
CanaryYellow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
7 down 1 to go! Bring it on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
DarkWillow
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2 Down, 8 to go
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2 down, 9 to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScarlettFierce
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
After today, 1 down 4 to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jayqwe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
6 down, 1 to go for chem on the 4th

Posted from TSR Mobile
mash.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For as, 8 down, 3 to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stephan89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
5 down, 2 to go for me.

F212 biology - really, really not looking forward to this one.
F322 chemistry - generally looking forward to this one (as much as an exam can be looked forward to).

Glad my maths ones are all out the way now.
Helenarth
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Psychology AS - Core Studies (gulp) and two Computer Science ones (double gulp)
lalavasquez
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
might sound silly but what is the difference between UMS and actual marks you get for the paper? my teacher hasn't explained this and i am really confused.
random1234567
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
7 AS exams down 1 to go
username1039383
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lalavasquez)
might sound silly but what is the difference between UMS and actual marks you get for the paper? my teacher hasn't explained this and i am really confused.
yea mee too. someone please explain
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed