Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Nothing is a done deal with Arsenal until it's officially announced. I learned long ago not to get my hopes up about any signing until its done and dusted.
    Yeah I know

Hopefully we'll sign jovetic - he isnt an out and out striker but i think he will suit arsenal well

Adler would be a good signing but I wanted szczesny to be our long term goalie so would prefer an older goalkeeper with plenty to teach and retire after a while when szczesny is ready

I dont know anything about gonalons because I dont watch ligue 1 much although the people on this thread have been saying he's quality

we have also been linked with draxler who I would love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    lol 2 summers ago buying santos, metersacker, arteta all on the last day?

just thinking if we only get jovetic, adler and a random DM like capoue or gonalons theres no chance of winning the title next year. Chelsea, manu and city are gonna be doing a lot of business this summer
    okay.....

How many players do you want us to buy or do you want bigger names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

just thinking if we only get jovetic, adler and a random DM like capoue or gonalons theres no chance of winning the title next year. Chelsea, manu and city are gonna be doing a lot of business this summer
    I agree with that to an extent. Only Jovetic is the real deal in that list. Bjt at the same time we don't have the power to compete with the others.

Apparently Robben is being placed on the transfer list by Guardiola. Would anyone like to see him at the Emirates? He's thr sort of player we need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    okay.....

How many players do you want us to buy or do you want bigger names
    personally want four top players (dont see gonalons as a proven DM myself), no point just adding to the squad if your not improving the quality is there, I see jovetic as a top signing. Sick of seeing ramsey in the team, hes almost 23 now and is almost becoming like walcott where he had so much potential and just flopped.

Yours truly piers morgan...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know

Hopefully we'll sign jovetic - he isnt an out and out striker but i think he will suit arsenal well

Adler would be a good signing but I wanted szczesny to be our long term goalie so would prefer an older goalkeeper with plenty to teach and retire after a while when szczesny is ready

I dont know anything about gonalons because I dont watch ligue 1 much although the people on this thread have been saying he's quality

we have also been linked with draxler who I would love
    Yep I would absolutely love Jovetic to come here, tbh I don't really think it's a big deal that he's not an out and out striker, I think having a fluid, flexible front three with him (mostly) at the top would work well, and if not then we have Giroud to change it up.

I originally thought the same about Szczesny as well, I thought that Julio Cesar would be perfect. However, if this Adler rumour is true (not sure if it is, think he'd be expensive) then why not? I like Szcz but at the end of the day if he's good enough then he'll get the position back, and if not then we have a better keeper in goal. Having said that I doubt Wenger will want to "kill" one of his players like that :rolleyes:

Wrt Gonalons, I'm in the same boat, I know nothing about him other than he is tall and a DM, but people on here say he's good so we'll see. I'm not really sure about who we could be getting for that position, I think it's absolutely crucial that we get the right player.

Draxler would be awesome but I doubt it really.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?!!
    Yep, most ITK have confirmed it but CL football is key

(Original post by yaboy)

Why did Wenger buy them players on the last day? Clichy, Fàbregas, Eboué, Nasri had all left, we didn't expect to lose any of them

I don't think Chelsea will make top four IMO that will affect their spending. Man U and Citeh don't need to strengthen in the same areas we do and apparently Capoue is on his way to PSG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Yep, most ITK have confirmed it but CL football is key

Why did Wenger buy them players on the last day? Clichy, Fàbregas, Eboué, Nasri had all left, we didn't expect to lose any of them

I don't think Chelsea will make top four IMO that will affect their spending. Man U and Citeh don't need to strengthen in the same areas we do and apparently Capoue is on his way to PSG
    The same ITKs who confirmed Mata and M'Vila and Zaha and Reina ?

And everyone knew them 3 were going cesc was the only one that wasn't expected before the end of the season and it became apparent about july time he was off the reason he waited was either to panic buy after the 8-2 or to wait till we beat udinese in the CL playoff

ReputationRep:
    don't think we'll be able to stop them scoring
    I know, and that's why a win to nil would this the match of the season for me! But in all seriousness, I'll just be happy to walk away with 3 more points. I don't care how we get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    personally want four top players (dont see gonalons as a proven DM myself), no point just adding to the squad if your not improving the quality is there, I see jovetic as a top signing. Sick of seeing ramsey in the team, hes almost 23 now and is almost becoming like walcott where he had so much potential and just flopped.

Yours truly piers morgan...
    :facepalm: again. Ramsey has been great these past few matches and has found his position and I think he should be a starter next season next to an physical dm

(Original post by Zubby77)
    Yep I would absolutely love Jovetic to come here, tbh I don't really think it's a big deal that he's not an out and out striker, I think having a fluid, flexible front three with him (mostly) at the top would work well, and if not then we have Giroud to change it up.

I originally thought the same about Szczesny as well, I thought that Julio Cesar would be perfect. However, if this Adler rumour is true (not sure if it is, think he'd be expensive) then why not? I like Szcz but at the end of the day if he's good enough then he'll get the position back, and if not then we have a better keeper in goal. Having said that I doubt Wenger will want to "kill" one of his players like that :rolleyes:

Wrt Gonalons, I'm in the same boat, I know nothing about him other than he is tall and a DM, but people on here say he's good so we'll see. I'm not really sure about who we could be getting for that position, I think it's absolutely crucial that we get the right player.

Draxler would be awesome but I doubt it really.
    Yeah I think him not being an out and out striker may help not hinder us. Van persie was originally bought to play the bergkamp role iirc

I think adler was rumoured to be 8 million which would be a steal imo

Yeah getting the right dm is crucial for us

Draxler is more of a realistic dream if you know what I mean - If we get champions league and schalke don't (its incredibly close for that fourth spot), it could be possible though

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: again. Ramsey has been great these past few matches and has found his position and I think he should be a starter next season next to an physical dm
    fair enough hes been good in the last 3 matches, but from August to February the guy has been awful, whether thats because wenger decided to play out on the right or not im not sure but he was crap even you have to admit that. if hes good next season fair enough but I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Your trolling is getting there mate this is much better than your Neil Warnock and Cameron Jerome attempts
    lol, please tell me he never called for Neil ****ing Warnock to replace Wenger? Compared to that, signing Cameron Jerome seems like a great shout!

Can imagine Cazorla's eyes lighting up as Neil Warnock screams at him from the touchline to lump it for Cameron Jerome. ''Pires never said it'd be like this'' :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    fair enough hes been good in the last 3 matches, but from August to February the guy has been awful, whether thats because wenger decided to play out on the right or not im not sure but he was crap even you have to admit that. if hes good next season fair enough but I doubt it.
    Playing out of position will obviously have an impact -he's played pretty much everywhere but striker and goalie

Why do you doubt it?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Playing out of position will obviously have an impact -he's played pretty much everywhere but striker and goalie

Why do you doubt it?
    other than watching him against man united 2 seasons ago Ive not seen the level of performance which made me think he looks a real player. Still not seen him making many eye of the needle passes or make many long passes across 40 yards consistently. Even though wilshire probably lacks those things atm he still has qualities like being able to beat people and quick exchange of short passes. Rather than ramsey Id prefer to see gnabry getting a few games somewhere on the pitch next season and see how he progresses.

ReputationRep:

Yeah I think him not being an out and out striker may help not hinder us. Van persie was originally bought to play the bergkamp role iirc

I think adler was rumoured to be 8 million which would be a steal imo

Yeah getting the right dm is crucial for us

Draxler is more of a realistic dream if you know what I mean - If we get champions league and schalke don't (its incredibly close for that fourth spot), it could be possible though
    Oh yeah, just did a quick Google, saw this article: http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/27/rene-a...onour-3669113/, obviously take it with a pinch of salt (Metro:rolleyes:) but that's surprisingly cheap. For some reason I thought he was younger than 28, and still at Leverkusen, shows how much I keep up with the Bundesliga nowadays.

However, I'm actively going to be avoiding transfer rumours for us. I mean there's still four games left until the end of the season. This summer is going to be horrible with the rumour mill going into overdrive.

ReputationRep:
    Give it a rest arsenal fans lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey's been playing well recently because the games weve been playing have been super low on quality and suits his kind of game where he's just expected to run around like **** for 90 minutes chasing the ball down. Fantastic to have him as a squad player and as a starter in these kind of games but he's not really good enough week in week out is he?

If we drop Arteta, which I'm hugely in favour of, then we can get away with Ramsey in the XI. But Ramsey+Arteta is a disaster for us, assuming we're still striving to play offensive football. I think most people can see how much we struggle going forward when those 2 play together.

Personally I think one of the greatest problems we have at Arsenal is a lack of ruthlessness with our own players. Wenger refuses to cut players like Denilson, Senderos, Cygan, Bendtner, Almunia and I think Arteta, Walcott, Ramsey are similar. Average players make average sides and average sides win **** all but Wenger refuses to bite the bullet and bring in quality replacements. We have the spine of a title winning team imo, but its surrounded by dross too often. Can you imagine Denilson/Almunia/Senderos playing week in/week out under Fergie? That's why he wins and we lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirHas)
    Give it a rest arsenal fans lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Ramsey's been playing well recently because the games weve been playing have been super low on quality and suits his kind of game where he's just expected to run around like **** for 90 minutes chasing the ball down. Fantastic to have him as a squad player and as a starter in these kind of games but he's not really good enough week in week out is he?

If we drop Arteta, which I'm hugely in favour of, then we can get away with Ramsey in the XI. But Ramsey+Arteta is a disaster for us, assuming we're still striving to play offensive football.

Personally I think one of the greatest problems we have at Arsenal is a lack of ruthlessness with our own players. Wenger refuses to cut players like Denilson, Senderos, Cygan, Bendtner, Almunia and I think Arteta, Walcott, Ramsey are similar. Average players make average sides and average sides win **** all but Wenger refuses to bite the bullet and bring in quality replacements.

Can you imagine Denilson/Almunia/Senderos playing week in/week out under Fergie? That's why he wins and we lose.
    Partly the reason I would welcome song back

The weird thing is that arteta-ramsey has been our best pairing so...

ReputationRep:
    huh?
    Feel sorry for your team lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.