but
    chest 42in
    biceps: 15.5 inchs
    body fat around 10%

ReputationRep:
    I weigh 8 stone
    5 ft something but closer to 5 ft

ReputationRep:
    13 stone (no hating guys I've lost 2.5 stone)
    Size 16
    5ft 10
    16 years old

ReputationRep:
    11st 2, 5ft 6.5
    Normally wear size 12ish
    I find it impossible to either lose or gain weight :/

ReputationRep:
    ;11.4 stone
    5'8 roughly
    Around 12-14. Depends on the shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernerdural)
    11st 2, 5ft 6.5
    Normally wear size 12ish
    I find it impossible to either lose or gain weight :/
    I love your username 😍😍😍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    19 yo
    Size 8/10
    9st 1 and a quarter :lol:
    Bra size 32DD

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    16 years old
    Height 5ft"5
    Size 8/10/12 depending on the shop *Narrows eyes at H&M*
    Weigh 8st 10lbs I think?

I'm 5'10, weight 8.5 stones, wear size 8 (sometimes size 6) and bra size 30B. Does anyone have any tips for gaining weight because I feel like I look very disproportioned and lanky

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 years old
    5'2 in height
    Bra size is 36C
    And almost 11 stone, is that bad?
    I don't understand how I am this weight, I play Centre in netball and play for 3 teams 3 times a week and love it. I really want to start a fitness programme but I'm finding it hard to fit around my study hours for my 3 A Levels. Someone please help😢

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really matter how much you weigh as long as you're healthy! Muscle is heavier for example, so if you play sports you'll obviously be heavier. Also, every woman's body is different, and comparing will probably only make you self-conscious. If you're concerned about your weight look at what you eat and ensure it's healthy (enough vegetables and fruit, a balance between white and red meat and fish... etc) and that you exercise enough. If you still have any worries or questions consult a doctor, but no matter what don't start doing things like skipping meals or not eating or hating on yourself! I hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 5'10, weight 8.5 stones, wear size 8 (sometimes size 6) and bra size 30B. Does anyone have any tips for gaining weight because I feel like I look very disproportioned and lanky
    To put it simply, there are no "tips" for gaining weight. You simply need to eat more food. Find out your TDEE using this:

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html

eat more calories than your TDEE and you will gain weight, it's that simple. If you eat approximately 500 calories more per day you should gain about 1lb per week (as 1lb of fat = 3500 calories, 3500/7 = 500 calories per day).

If you find yourself not having much of an appetite or getting full quickly and that is why you are not eating then snack on calorie dense foods. For example a handful of nuts can have upwards of 500+ calories in them, very easy to snack on through the day.

Track your calories using www.myfitnesspal.com this will help you get an idea of how much you are eating a day. And I pretty much guarantee you're eating less than you think you are in terms of calories and that is why you are not gaining weight and have got yourself into the underweight category over time.

Hmm.

I'm 21, about 9 stone 7, 5ft7, 32DD/34D/34DD (lol), usually a size 10, sometimes 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elladavies11)
    I'm 17 years old
    5'2 in height
    Bra size is 36C
    And almost 11 stone, is that bad?
    I don't understand how I am this weight, I play Centre in netball and play for 3 teams 3 times a week and love it. I really want to start a fitness programme but I'm finding it hard to fit around my study hours for my 3 A Levels. Someone please help😢
    11 stone at your height is quite high on the BMI scale and in the overweight section. Muscle can account for some of that I am sure with the amount of exercise you do. But at your height and the fact you're a woman and as such are incapable of having a very high muscle mass due to lack of testosterone, then chances are you are carrying quite a bit of excess fat.

Clearly you are doing enough exercise, that isn't what you need to focus on. You need to focus on your diet. You don't get to the high end of the overweight scale by not exercising enough, you get there by eating to much and this likely has been creeping up over a long time.

First thing you need to do is find out your TDEE:

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html

Then you need to track your calories for the next few weeks and find out how many calories a day you are eating on average. I'm willing to bet you're over eating on your calories, and it may not even be by much. Just eating 200 calories over a day (about as much as in a chocolate bar) will lead to weight gain of 1lb approximately every 17.5 days. This is how weight creeps up over time, you eat more calories than your body uses and your body then stores those excess calories as fat.

In order to lose weight all you have to do is eat under your TDEE every day, this causes your body to seek energy stores within your body (mostly fat, but some muscle is broken down to) to make up the calorie deficit. If you eat about 500 calories less a day you should lose approximately 1lb per week (1lbs of fat =3500 calories, 3500/7 =500 calories per day).

It's that simple. You don't need to cut out any food groups or stop eating foods you like, all you have to do is eat under your TDEE.

I recommend you track your calories using www.myfitnesspal.com try to be as accurate as possible when counting calories. Don't forget to count things like butter on bread, cooking oil and sauces these are things you easily forget but can pack on quite a few calories.

Try to eat a balanced diet, this will help keep you feeling full and with enough energy so you don't feel like you are starving yourself which will likely cause binging on typically high calories foods if you snap when hungry.

Keep your goals realistic and don't give up if you don't see changes over night, you didn't get to this weight after a few days so don't expect it to drop off after a few days either. Also don't be discouraged if the scale doesn't go down like clockwork, some weeks you will see a big jump down others nothing will seem to come off. Remember your weight is likely to fluctuate by 3-4lbs anyway, this is nothing to worry about this is normal especially around your period.

If you find your weight loss plateus and you aren't losing weight at the same rate as usual this is likely because your TDEE has gone down (the less you weigh the lower your TDEE) and you are not eating at a big enough defecit to continue your weight loss at your previous rate. So recalculate your TDEE and again eat below that.

Once you have gotten to a weight you are happy with you will need to recalculate your TDEE and eat approximately that much per day on average. You can't go back to your old eating habits as you will just gain the weight back.

Hope this helped, there really isn;t much else to it.

However much a small whale weighs is how much I weigh:nopity:

ReputationRep:
    19 (soon 20) yo.
    5'3"/159cm
    8,5 stone/54g
    Usually wear XS and S. Not sure what that converts to in UK size, but I do have clothes (that I wear) bought in London in size 4 and 6 - however 6 is a little big around my chest and waist. I never wear anything but soft bras, so I have no idea about my size.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    It doesn't. 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat.
    Well, yeh because you have 1lb of each...

ReputationRep:
    I'm 9 stone 5
    Size 8/10 in tops, trousers and dresses
    And I'm only 5"7

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.