Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selym95)
    Still nothing regarding accommodation. Bloody hell
    Nothing here either, talk about nerve wracking!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really a party animal so is it weird that I just want to go to a select few events?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeegie)
    Aww don't think that! You've got like so much time to make friends when you think about the time you will spend getting to know new people in societies/sports clubs, and I'm guessing you'd become close to your hallmates too. What's a couple of weeks going to do eh
    Yeah Probably shouldn't - though having heard from accommodation now looking forward to it a lot more - plus realised it's approx. 50 people per block (Westwood) - so there's bound to be at least a couple people feeling similar! Thank you

(Original post by s_axo)
    You are exactly like me, pls say you are staying in JM :P
    Haha, Westwood I'm afraid Perhaps the extra distance will stop people from going clubbing quite so freely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonrabbit)
    Haha, Westwood I'm afraid Perhaps the extra distance will stop people from going clubbing quite so freely
    It won't stop me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_axo)
    Good morning
    Good evening now, oops...

What subject are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    got rootes :P A-I on the car parking thing, are the newer blocks past I then? ah well, old blocks for that student digs feel i guess :L (history and politics)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anyone know how long the events Passports will last, and can they still run out if I've got one in my basket? I don't think I'll have the money to buy it until the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Wahooooooo i was a little disappointed I didn't get one of the new blocks though lol. That's just me being picky.

What you studying?
    How do you know if it's the new Rootes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum17)
    I know its been discussed before but I wondered as a non-drinker who hates clubbing and going out with people who do get drunk, how much will I be separate from everyone else? It seems like most people make friends on Freshers nights out but I won't want to do any of that so I don't know whether I'll be able to make friends as easily :/
    Nah. I mostly just went to the Duck (and didn't drink) when I wasn't at society events. You're far from alone.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh the freshers passports are sold out - does anyone know if/when they restock?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millennial)
    Got an offer for Rootes. Anyone else?

Hey up
    Here is also ROOTES!!

ReputationRep:
    Sure am dunno which block but it's A-I.

What you studying?
    Hey How can we know whether it is new or old rootes???

ReputationRep:
    How many societies is it normal to join? I don't want to join loads and not have enough time to go to all of them what are people planning on joining?

Also a stupid question, when buying tickets for the Comedy Soc Night on the 6th you can buy either Members or Non-members tickets, does this mean members of the Comedy Society or members of the university? :confused: I worry about stupid things!

ReputationRep:
    I got rootes J-L after asking for quiet accommodation ... So confused haha

ReputationRep:
    Are there any halls yet to give out offers?

ReputationRep:
    Got an email and I've got Westwood!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone without an offer for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara :D)
    Ugh the freshers passports are sold out - does anyone know if/when they restock?
    I think that's it - they won't be restocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrimlyFish)
    Good evening now, oops...

What subject are you taking?
    Lmao and now its morning again. Sociology! you? x

Also, quick question to everyone: Do we pick our modules when the department contact us to do so?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way to see where you applied for accomodation ? I haven't heard yet and I've forgotten where I applied! :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.