Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yup got the email as well... my first choice finally suddenly gets things going with an adrenaline-rushing newsletter... last out of all my unis! Anyway good luck everyone, lets hope it works out well in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    Okay.. so I'm in a bit of an awkward place. (International AND graduate) Anyone else in this position or just me? :P
    I feel you bro. I'm international n graduate. Plus I plunkt the ukcat. At least got at interview elsewhere..with my GAMSAT.

ReputationRep:
    I think last year the grads got their interview invites before anyone else, so people applying for the A100 course may have to wait a bit longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PG593)
    Gosh the killings start tomorrow Some Christmas this'll be. Good luck peeps
    Tell me about it two of the unis i applied to (QM and Notts) are distributing interviews before the New Year for interviews in early Jan :/ :/ and i thought the Christmas holidays was going to be stressful enough with revision of everything we've done in school since September. Bleurghhhh.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else not yet received this newsletter/update thingy email? I haven't

EDIT: applied to A100 am a school applicant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenLeftTheSt)

I still haven't got my confirmation! I called them and emailed them and they said my name was in though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenLeftTheSt)

Me neither and I am actually a bit worried now

ReputationRep:
    I received the email and i'm an int'l! They are scaring the hell outta me. THIS YEAR URGGGHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nailbiter)
    I still haven't got my confirmation! I called them and emailed them and they said my name was in though
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1386752178.554608.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  84.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1386752188.155791.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  47.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When people start hearing from them today, PLEASE PLEASE let us know

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone's inbox been graced by an email from Barts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santi_92)
    Has anyone's inbox been graced by an email from Barts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing I have a feeling Bart's lied

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lwestern)
    Where is a good place to see what is available to us? Though I'm assuming pretty much everything is
    What do you mean by this? Do you mean tours of campus?

(Original post by LRichards0891)
    Is the interview style different for A101??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure I didn't go down that pathway but I wouldn't have thought it would be drastically different, though obviously those figures won't apply to you.

Do not worry guys, they send out interviews in waves, so if you don't hear straight away don't panic! They won't "refuse" you straight off either, they need to interview everyone to make sure that they have enough people to offer a place to, and a reserve list.

When(be optimistic!) you get your interview letter it will be accompanied by an article around quite a... heavy topic! Previous examples have been Gillick competence and euthanasia. You'll be expected to have a little read around the subject, have an opinion, and be able to defend it to a reasonable standard. They don't expect too much, its just an indication that you care about the interview and the place! Let me know what the subject is when you get it and I'll see if I can help with practise questions etc.

But do not panic, this is not the end of the world if you don't get an interview. Also, remember that when you get through to interviews, at any stage, remember that it is as much you interviewing the school as it is them interviewing you. They know this and they have no reason to be mean as it would give Barts a bad reputation and mean that there are fewer of you eager to come join us! I had an awful interview at Leicester and I immediately realised I didn't want to go to their Medical School!

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one constantly refreshing my inbox every 5 minutes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santi_92)
    Am I the only one constantly refreshing my inbox every 5 minutes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha doing the exact same all day!!!!!!!!! has anyone got any interviews yet???

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the interviews given out today were not for medicine guys .. I mean the newsletter was referring to dentistry and biomedicine and all the other subjects .. So perhaps the 11th was not about us ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conaura)
    Maybe the interviews given out today were not for medicine guys .. I mean the newsletter was referring to dentistry and biomedicine and all the other subjects .. So perhaps the 11th was not about us ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing on the dentistry front just fyi.

ReputationRep:
    The last year stats are weird for undergraduate, a graduate got an interview after getting 670...I thought Barts was heavy on UKCAT?

(Original post by Tee Logan x)
      Tell me about it two of the unis i applied to (QM and Notts) are distributing interviews before the New Year for interviews in early Jan :/ :/ and i thought the Christmas holidays was going to be stressful enough with revision of everything we've done in school since September. Bleurghhhh.
      At least you have school to keep you occupied I never thought I'd be the Grinch at Xmas but it's inevitable in this process

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by games211)
      The last year stats are weird for undergraduate, a graduate got an interview after getting 670...I thought Barts was heavy on UKCAT?
      Its a balance of everything, they give points for UKCAT, College/previous degree grades etc and the top 800 get an interview, so although a high UKCAT helps, its not necessary if other factors make up for it

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.