Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Ew. Not this Somali gal.

I am strictly team Farax.
    You'd never marry an ajnabi?

ReputationRep:
    I hate my ISOC at my uni, full of self righteous people who preach about equality and love but never give people who partly attend their events (ie Me) due to well ermm having to study or work a chance in their events. They literally expect you to hang out with them every bloody second of the day (the girls this is, the boys seem cool) and if you don't they cast you out from being involved in any ISOC events. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    You'd never marry an ajnabi?
    Well I have no idea what the future holds, but insaAllah no (in the most non racist way possible, lol).

ReputationRep:
    I hate my ISOC at my uni, full of self righteous people who preach about equality and love but never give people who partly attend their events (ie Me) due to well ermm having to study or work a chance in their events. They literally expect you to hang out with them every bloody second of the day (the girls this is, the boys seem cool) and if you don't they cast you out from being involved in any ISOC events. Lol.
    That seems like a very harsh isoc.:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    That seems like a very harsh isoc.:console:
    Meh, what can I do...

The sad part is that I had such high expectations of my ISOC and that it would be able to boost my imaan/knowledge of the deen. But alhamdullilah, I made quite a few good friends in my course who I have benefited from.

ReputationRep:
    Well I have no idea what the future holds, but insaAllah no (in the most non racist way possible, lol).
    Lol its good you value your culture same here tbh but its going to be alittle hard because I don't find most somali guys attractive

ReputationRep:
    wow :K: How often do they hold events?

ReputationRep:
    Lol its good you value your culture same here tbh but its going to be alittle hard because I don't find most somali guys attractive
    Ditto, have the same problem. Most of my friends that got married, married outside England (America, Sweden, Holland etc) 'cause they didn't like any here in England they said. Apparently the Somali Yanks are absolutely gorgeouuuuusss! And that accent!

ReputationRep:
    wow :K: How often do they hold events?
    Every other week if it is not exam season so it is pretty full time and I can't really commit to that.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto, have the same problem. Most of my friends that got married, married outside England (America, Sweden, Holland etc) 'cause they didn't like any here in England they said. Apparently the Somali Yanks are absolutely gorgeouuuuusss! And that accent!
    *books one way ticket to america*
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lmaooo its a joke people

My cousin attended a wedding where the bride was somali and the guy was paki and she videod some bits. It was the most awkward wedding ever. All te somalis were busting moves on the dance floor whilst all the pakistani women were sitting down (even when the bride came in). The racism was real lolol

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lmaooo its a joke people

My cousin attended a wedding where the bride was somali and the guy was paki and she videod some bits. It was the most awkward wedding ever. All te somalis were busting moves on the dance floor whilst all the pakistani women were sitting down (even when the bride came in). The racism was real lolol
    Lmaoooo, perhaps they just didn't feel like dancing? Would you ever consider having a mixed wedding?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lmaooo its a joke people

no offence but why would you marry an Asian. I thought somalis look down on those people

ReputationRep:
    Lmaoooo, perhaps they just didn't feel like dancing? Would you ever consider having a mixed wedding?
    But c'mon its a tad disrespectful. I mean they could've atleast pretended to be enjoying themselves. Some of them looked miserable :lol:

Um, I want to marry a somali for sure. The only exception i would make is an eritrean or yemeni guy because our cultures are similar but inshaAllah I find a good somali husband its just easier to marry someone from your own culture sometimes. I'm not even thinking about marriage till last year of uni/after I finish though

ReputationRep:
    Meh, what can I do...

The sad part is that I had such high expectations of my ISOC and that it would be able to boost my imaan/knowledge of the deen. But alhamdullilah, I made quite a few good friends in my course who I have benefited from.
    yes alhamdulilah, you can benefit from these individuals more so than the entire isoc perhaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golden tribe)
    no offence but why would you marry an Asian. I thought somalis look down on those people
    No idea. Its very uncommon. Both look down on eachother lol

ReputationRep:
    But c'mon its a tad disrespectful. I mean they could've atleast pretended to be enjoying themselves. Some of them looked miserable :lol:

Um, I want to marry a somali for sure. The only exception i would make is an eritrean or yemeni guy because our cultures are similar but inshaAllah I find a good somali husband its just easier to marry someone from your own culture sometimes. I'm not even thinking about marriage till last year of uni/after I finish though
    Lmao, no I meant mixed wedding as in boys and girls mixed. Eritrian/Ethopian man are gorgeous (and Somali guys lol, please don't bite me.)

ReputationRep:
    No idea. Its very uncommon. Both look down on eachother lol
    Did you see someone get bottled today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Did you see someone get bottled today?
    Bottled?

ReputationRep:
    Bottled?
    I swear everyone who went to see this wasteman is wet. What credentials does he have though?

ReputationRep:
    Lol! what happened at the events bbz xoxo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.