Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between my offers now :/ Any suggestions as to what to ficus on whilst making my final decision, I know I have until May but still!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastinator123)
    I'm torn between my offers now :/ Any suggestions as to what to ficus on whilst making my final decision, I know I have until May but still!
    Same! I'm still waiting for Kings but Manchester have given me a great offer on my dream course. I hope they do an applicant open day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliakhan)
    Ahh it will be fine! Stop worrying- btw wud u be livin in student accomadation or wud u be livin at home if u went to UoM? :p:$

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely accommodation! haha im from London so I think the commute would be a LONG AND EXPENSIVE one aha :P Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Definitely accommodation! haha im from London so I think the commute would be a LONG AND EXPENSIVE one aha :P Wbu?
    Im goin to commute from home seeing as its only 20 mins on the train to manchester so its not that far i wud defo prefer to live at the uni buh im not allowed as my twin sister who has also got an offer for Law LLB too wants to stay at home so im compromising :hugs: However we are both defo plannin on goin abroad for the second yr for a semester :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    NEED help/advice off anyone please!

I have conditional offers to study Accounting and Finance at

university of Manchester
    Manchester Met
    university of Liverpool
    university of Newcastle
    university of leeds

but I really can't decide. I have narrowed it down to Manchester, Liverpool and leeds. Any suggestions on which one I should pick?
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimeeeeeeee)

university of Manchester
    Manchester Met
    university of Liverpool
    university of Newcastle
    university of leeds

but I really can't decide. I have narrowed it down to Manchester, Liverpool and leeds. Any suggestions on which one I should pick?
    Thankyou
    Hmm thatsa tricky choice buh maybe have a think about the career prospects at each uni as well as look at the various societies they have ? Maybe even look at the social aspect of each uni nd then decide? :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iano101)
    Clifford Chance
    Linklaters
    Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
    Allen & Overy
    Pinsent Masons

To name a few
    Ahahaha not bad at all!! To name a few ehh?? i think we all have the chance to do well in a Law degree buh the difference is how we channel the teaching in a way which is easy for us (if that makes any sense) :rolleyes: Also , have u thought about going abroad whilst doin ur law degree? I know i am defo goin abroad in my 2nd yr at UoM probs to USA or Austalia i havent decided b'cos my twin sis is also goin to come with me as we are both goin to UoM for Law LLB next yr

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrina09)
    I have an interview too but on the 11th dec. how are you preparing for your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im probably going to go over my P.S and refresh my memory . Can't wait to go. I'm looking forward to get a 'feel' for the university and the city. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastinator123)
    First and foremost - do you like the course and the modules on offer?

Beyond that, consider
    - is accommodation guaranteed?
    - how much bursary, if any, would you get?
    - do you like the local area?
    - does the university have a solid reputation?
    - is study abroad an option (if this is of interest to you)

ReputationRep:
    Im goin to commute from home seeing as its only 20 mins on the train to manchester so its not that far i wud defo prefer to live at the uni buh im not allowed as my twin sister who has also got an offer for Law LLB too wants to stay at home so im compromising :hugs: However we are both defo plannin on goin abroad for the second yr for a semester :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You do realise that you don't have to follow what your twin sister does, don't you? You are both individuals, after all. If it's a factor in your decision making process, then I promise you that you won't be the first Muslim girl to move into halls at Manchester (I know a couple).

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha not bad at all!! To name a few ehh?? i think we all have the chance to do well in a Law degree buh the difference is how we channel the teaching in a way which is easy for us (if that makes any sense) :rolleyes: Also , have u thought about going abroad whilst doin ur law degree? I know i am defo goin abroad in my 2nd yr at UoM probs to USA or Austalia i havent decided b'cos my twin sis is also goin to come with me as we are both goin to UoM for Law LLB next yr

Posted from TSR Mobile
    studying abroad with law is a *****. you don't get a QLD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrynaGetThePipe)
    studying abroad with law is a *****. you don't get a QLD
    Huh? sorry buh I don't understand what you mean? Why Wudnt u get a qualifying law degree if u study abroad for a semester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    You do realise that you don't have to follow what your twin sister does, don't you? You are both individuals, after all. If it's a factor in your decision making process, then I promise you that you won't be the first Muslim girl to move into halls at Manchester (I know a couple).
    Ahh. Yup, many thanks for the suggestion origami bullets buh both of us want to study law (I guess we love doin similar things) and we wud rather be comfortable commuting from home as it's much easier in terms of just catching the train buh I appreciate your suggestion xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danlocke)
    When did you get your offer? I received mine on Monday and haven't had any correspondence from UoM directly...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got the offer on the 26th and they emailed me on te 28th. It was info for offer holder from the Life sciences faculty, What are you applying for? maybe not all the faculties do them?

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview last week and got an offer for Zoology AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soontobesuper)
    I got the offer on the 26th and they emailed me on te 28th. It was info for offer holder from the Life sciences faculty, What are you applying for? maybe not all the faculties do them?
    BEconSc and I received the offer on the 25th. I got a letter through this morning confirming the offer, but thats all I've had through from the university.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh I see! Lucky you haha Wish I had a twin sister! Must be so much fun all the time, best friend always there :P How come she wants to stay at home? You guys could just share accommodation together? But oh well if you don't mind thts good. I didn't know UoM does year abroads for law???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimeeeeeeee)

university of Manchester
    Manchester Met
    university of Liverpool
    university of Newcastle
    university of leeds

Thankyou
    Depends really - if you want to be an accountant then I'd go to Manchester as you can start your actual accounting exams there - CIMA or ACCA (you need them to be an actual accountant).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danlocke)
    BEconSc and I received the offer on the 25th. I got a letter through this morning confirming the offer, but thats all I've had through from the university.
    I'm LLB and haven't received any correspondence either. Might be faculty-dependent as soontobesuper suggested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elia)
    Applied for International Business, Finance and Economics on Monday (going to have some fun telling people what course I hope to study). Will definitely be my firm if I get an offer!
    The condition is to obtain AB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.