700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyMcFly1)
    My favourite is Exeter but I'd be over the moon with any of them! You? Will do!! And same for you
    I hope you get in then! Probably Barts as I would really love to stay in London but same, any will do! It's just scary that everything now depends on Medicine as I've already been declined from my back up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissfully)
    yeah someone earlier on the thread was saying how people they knew had rejections

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would guess that they have a ukcat way lower than the cut off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennaK)
    I hope you get in then! Probably Barts as I would really love to stay in London but same, any will do! It's just scary that everything now depends on Medicine as I've already been declined from my back up
    Ohh no :/. What course was it btw?
    Hopefully your med application is successfull!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cath_y)
    My friend got a rejection with 625 I think they're giving interviews to everyone who aren't rejected though?
    So have ALL the rejections been given out, do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cath_y)
    Idk they said they're inviting everyone with above requirements to interview, then surely those who don't meet them would be rejected straight away? I saw that they give some interviews in around feb - mar though, so no new is good news!
    Maybe they work from both ends of the pile then - those with below ukcat rejected from the bottom up or something and the other way for those above cut off??

ReputationRep:
    I just called them up and they said that people who have met the UKCAT cut off and academic requirements will most likely be called to an interview at some point, and whether you are called now or in february is completely random! Hope this helps calm everyones nerves hahah

ReputationRep:
    Ooops, just realised Cath_y just said this before ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansontoast92)
    I just called them up and they said that people who have met the UKCAT cut off and academic requirements will most likely be called to an interview at some point, and whether you are called now or in february is completely random! Hope this helps calm everyones nerves hahah
    I wonder why it's 'most likely' and what they use to differentiate those borderline candidates?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why it's 'most likely' and what they use to differentiate those borderline candidates?
    Hmm yeah that's a bit weird, if they invite everyone to interview, which they indirectly told me, there shouldn't be borderline cases until after interview for which they'll use the UKCAT i think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They also said that 700 people have met the UKCAT cut off!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

that sounds about right - now they just reject the people who haven't met GCSE/A-Level requirements and should be around 500?

ReputationRep:
    that sounds about right - now they just reject the people who haven't met GCSE/A-Level requirements and should be around 500?
    Yehh but I think most people will have met this otherwise they wouldn't apply to sgul!! Anyway it's good news

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yehh but I think most people will have met this otherwise they wouldn't apply to sgul!! Anyway it's good news

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds like it's all just a waiting game then!!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh no :/. What course was it btw?
    Hopefully your med application is successfull!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was Radiography. I'm guessing my personal statement was too medical orientated for them to accept me. Or at least, I hope that's the reason, haha. What's yours? And thanks, same for you!

ReputationRep:
    It was Radiography. I'm guessing my personal statement was too medical orientated for them to accept me. Or at least, I hope that's the reason, haha. What's yours? And thanks, same for you!
    Thank you
    Its Pharmacy, they start replying next month so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I just had a mock interview and the interviewer's son had an interview at SGUL a few years back. Apparently the actors are incredibly good, and it was implied that if you don't handle it correctly they will not hesitate to throw themselves around the room and beat at the walls, which is a little intimidating!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Its Pharmacy, they start replying next month so fingers crossed!
    Good luck, hopefully you'll get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take it personally, I am applying for radiography only (not medicine), which is also super competative and at several of the open days I went to the admissions staff said they could sniff out someone that didn't want to study radiography passionately very easily, and two actually said to us "please do not apply for radiography if you want to be a doctor but don't think you will make the grade".

You also have to have, and be able to evidence, at least a full days clinical visit in a radiography department.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a conditional offer for biomed at St George's, here's hoping for something similar to come from my med interview! (ABB, if you're curious)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    where does it say?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.