The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Time to start the writing. I feel like a fresher writing their first essay, not a masters student, this isn't any easier
WhamBamJam.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am totally freaking out. According to the number of days I have left to revise I have to do 5 lectures a day 5 days a week, 1 day I spend at work and the other day I want off. I also need to work on a calculation exam and another exam which isnt covered in lectures.

Oh and summer placement and year in industry application deadlines are pending

What is this life!

I don't see how I can keep up that amount of work without burning out.
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
Spoiler:
Show
No, I don't think you're too sensitive. I agree with David. It's very iffy if a guy does something like that. That is not respecting someone's wishes. He may have been a good bf apart from that, but what he did just ruined any kind of trust. Good you got out of it. Also yay for your mum! I hope he never used the words "put out" or similar. Hope you can enjoy your Christmas holidays! You don't have to go back to him anymore (:
I have to go see my ex to get my t-shirts back :p: I don't wanna, but I really like those shirts... so yeah. And I had this situation on Friday that just made me realise a lot of things about me again it was one of those weekends.

Yay, last exam today and then freedom at 1pm! :woo:
Spoiler:
Show
then get my heart crushed probably, but I'll be in the Hobbit film with my friends and at a Christmas dinner after with my friends and going out after with my friends, so whatevs :p:
Thanks so much :suith:
Really appreciate it.
DavidYorkshireFTW
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
Thank you so much, haha reading that made me cry. It'll be okay I'm sure, I'm probably just too sensitive anyway.

Thanks again :hugs: and Merry Christmas to you too
Put it this way, i'm not a confrontational person, but if a boy did that to a girl I knew, it would most certainly be the last time he did it.

You're very welcome, glad your dealing with it well

Having to go home early for Christmas as I feel so ****, I had stuff planned with the girl I like to :mad:
paniking_and_not_revising
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well the last few days have been horrible...

Spoiler:
Show

Sorry for the rant but I need to get this down somewhere. If anyone has any advice, please give it, I'm very confused right now.

Basically, bit of back story, my ex ruined a lot of my self confidence and anything surrounding sex was always a bit of an issue (he never really wanted it, therefore I developed self confidence issues surrounding it). It meant when I got together with my last bf, I was always a bit worried about it. The issue was, before we were together, we slept together. Which was fine, it didn't affect me at all and then when we ended up together anyway, that got rid of the last bit of guilt I had about sleeping with someone outside of a relationship. However, since then I wanted to hold back on the sex thing and just make sure we were together for the right reasons/build up some trust so I'd feel more comfortable with it. I don't know why a drunken ONS and sex in a relationship is different for me, but it was. He knew I was a bit iffy about it, so we spoke about the whole situation a few days ago, and I explained (while crying) that there were issues surrounding it when I just needed a bit of time to deal with and then I'd be ready.

Fast forward to Monday. I go up to his house when I'm blitzed. Like, can barely walk up a road in flat shoes blitzed. As soon as I got into his room I lay down on the bed and literally couldn't move for ages because I was so drunk. Finally got my pjs on and just wanted to sleep. Then he started trying stuff on (NB: he was completely sober and hadn't been out), I was like no and tried to stop him from doing stuff, then he kept saying how "it would be fine" and everything, so I felt a bit pressured and told him ok and I went upstairs to the bathroom for like 5 minutes where I sat there like a zombie. Came back down and literally just lay there, didn't even look at him, and he asked me if I was ok and I just replied with "meh". Then (soz for the details) it happened and it was so ****ing painful because he literally just... started, I actually told him and he just continued anyway, then afterwards I lay there and didn't speak. Then suddenly he was asking if I was ok and I was just like not really, no. We spoke about it and you didn't care. Then I stopped talking to him and he left for tech and I went home.

Then that day we'd all previously arranged to go out, and he was coming. When I arrived at his I felt so uncomfortable I literally just got him to ring a taxi as soon as I got in, then when I was out with my friends I felt ok because others were there. We all went back to his and as soon as my last friend left, I started feeling really uncomfortable again. Even the sound of him sleeping and his arm on my hip was making me feel really claustrophobic, so I sat up and then ended up having a panic attack (of which he didn't notice). I texted a few of my friends but they were already asleep, so I woke him up (twice, first time he went back to sleep again), and was just like I've been hyperventilating then he was like 'oh what's wrong?' and I just told him he knew what was wrong and explained everything which I've just said, then realised I couldn't actually be with someone because I don't think I'll ever feel safe around him again. He got really upset, I had to stay there until 11am because I had nowhere else to go, and it was the most awkward morning ever...

Oh, and then later that day I found out he'd told a guy from work about the lack of sex. He told a guy who is the biggest lad I've ever met in my life. So not only did I already feel ****, I now feel incredibly embarrassed that something that is genuinely upsetting for me has been talked (and probably laughed at) about by those two...

Fabulous. So yeah, I'm single and I'm actually really glad to be out of it. It's weird though, he was actually a very good bf apart from that, although incredibly clingy and was always texting me and stuff (I love talking to people as well, but it was too much, I had to tell him to back off from the texts etc).

Meh. I ended up telling my mum all of that (which was a little awkward but she was so so cool with it, talked me through everything on the phone at 6am when I was still at his and really helped. Love her :suith:)

SO YEAH GUYS. Happy Christmas :rofl:

omg I really hope you're okay. That sounds kind of rapey if that's the right word here. I dunno. And to tell someone else about it is just not okay.

:hugs: Merry Christmas

(Original post by jelly1000)
Time to start the writing. I feel like a fresher writing their first essay, not a masters student, this isn't any easier
Same. I've actually re-written my introduction twice now.
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Spoiler:
Show

Sorry for the rant but I need to get this down somewhere. If anyone has any advice, please give it, I'm very confused right now.

Basically, bit of back story, my ex ruined a lot of my self confidence and anything surrounding sex was always a bit of an issue (he never really wanted it, therefore I developed self confidence issues surrounding it). It meant when I got together with my last bf, I was always a bit worried about it. The issue was, before we were together, we slept together. Which was fine, it didn't affect me at all and then when we ended up together anyway, that got rid of the last bit of guilt I had about sleeping with someone outside of a relationship. However, since then I wanted to hold back on the sex thing and just make sure we were together for the right reasons/build up some trust so I'd feel more comfortable with it. I don't know why a drunken ONS and sex in a relationship is different for me, but it was. He knew I was a bit iffy about it, so we spoke about the whole situation a few days ago, and I explained (while crying) that there were issues surrounding it when I just needed a bit of time to deal with and then I'd be ready.

Fast forward to Monday. I go up to his house when I'm blitzed. Like, can barely walk up a road in flat shoes blitzed. As soon as I got into his room I lay down on the bed and literally couldn't move for ages because I was so drunk. Finally got my pjs on and just wanted to sleep. Then he started trying stuff on (NB: he was completely sober and hadn't been out), I was like no and tried to stop him from doing stuff, then he kept saying how "it would be fine" and everything, so I felt a bit pressured and told him ok and I went upstairs to the bathroom for like 5 minutes where I sat there like a zombie. Came back down and literally just lay there, didn't even look at him, and he asked me if I was ok and I just replied with "meh". Then (soz for the details) it happened and it was so ****ing painful because he literally just... started, I actually told him and he just continued anyway, then afterwards I lay there and didn't speak. Then suddenly he was asking if I was ok and I was just like not really, no. We spoke about it and you didn't care. Then I stopped talking to him and he left for tech and I went home.

Then that day we'd all previously arranged to go out, and he was coming. When I arrived at his I felt so uncomfortable I literally just got him to ring a taxi as soon as I got in, then when I was out with my friends I felt ok because others were there. We all went back to his and as soon as my last friend left, I started feeling really uncomfortable again. Even the sound of him sleeping and his arm on my hip was making me feel really claustrophobic, so I sat up and then ended up having a panic attack (of which he didn't notice). I texted a few of my friends but they were already asleep, so I woke him up (twice, first time he went back to sleep again), and was just like I've been hyperventilating then he was like 'oh what's wrong?' and I just told him he knew what was wrong and explained everything which I've just said, then realised I couldn't actually be with someone because I don't think I'll ever feel safe around him again. He got really upset, I had to stay there until 11am because I had nowhere else to go, and it was the most awkward morning ever...

Oh, and then later that day I found out he'd told a guy from work about the lack of sex. He told a guy who is the biggest lad I've ever met in my life. So not only did I already feel ****, I now feel incredibly embarrassed that something that is genuinely upsetting for me has been talked (and probably laughed at) about by those two...

Fabulous. So yeah, I'm single and I'm actually really glad to be out of it. It's weird though, he was actually a very good bf apart from that, although incredibly clingy and was always texting me and stuff (I love talking to people as well, but it was too much, I had to tell him to back off from the texts etc).

Meh. I ended up telling my mum all of that (which was a little awkward but she was so so cool with it, talked me through everything on the phone at 6am when I was still at his and really helped. Love her :suith:)

This story was horrible to read!
The boy is an absolute disgrace, and if the other one thinks it is funny, he's almost as bad!

I hope you're feeling okay.
:hugs:
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
omg I really hope you're okay. That sounds kind of rapey if that's the right word here. I dunno. And to tell someone else about it is just not okay.

Same. I've actually re-written my introduction twice now.
It's taken me 2 hours to get a 200 and something word intro down but I think its pretty much finished now.
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Spoiler:
Show

It's times and people like this that give the impression that all guys are bad, I can promise you that isn't the case and you'll soon find a great guy, I'm just sad how you've had to go through a lot before you're yet to find the right guy :/ Hopefully your time will come soon

Like the others, I hope you're okay :hugs:
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
It's taken me 2 hours to get a 200 and something word intro down but I think its pretty much finished now.
lol.

How different are you finding your masters compared to your bachelors?
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Spoiler:
Show

what an absolute ****ing scumbag. that is utterly disgusting behaviour. I'm so so sorry you had to go through that :hugs: I actually want to get on a plane just so I can punch the living **** out of him.

if you ever want to talk, I'm here. I hope you'll be okay. Sometimes mums are just the best people to help you deal with it all even if it is a bit awkward at first.

so many :hugs: and I hope things get better for you soon xxx
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Serentonin)
what an absolute ****ing scumbag. that is utterly disgusting behaviour. I'm so so sorry you had to go through that :hugs: I actually want to get on a plane just so I can punch the living **** out of him.

if you ever want to talk, I'm here. I hope you'll be okay. Sometimes mums are just the best people to help you deal with it all even if it is a bit awkward at first.

Can I join you with the beating?
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol.

How different are you finding your masters compared to your bachelors?
Questions are mostly a lot more complex.
Psyc_Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haven't studied for my exams at all yet.. Been sitting in my room upset since last night as my cats gone missing 😞 tried to study earlier but just couldn't concentrate
Elphaba Thropp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Psyc_Girl)
xxxxxxxx
Sorry to hear that your cat is missing. I hope that you find him/her soon.

xxxxxxxxxx
What happened to you was awful. Utterly appalling and disgusting the way your Ex carried on. I hope that you feel better soon. :hugs: Please feel free to PM me if you ever want/need to talk.

(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
xxxxxxxx
I suppose that you hate Rhineland-Pfalz and Bayern too seeing as Hessen borders them as well. I'm hoping that NRW will be okay. I love Germany with all of my heart so it should be fine! Would have rathered Oberfranken though... I hope your date the other day went well.

I have been on here for a few days because of my exams. Marketing on Tuesday went better than expected. German today was the first time in my life that I can say that I had a perfect exam (apart from some grammar issues but whatever!). Have to cram a semester's worth of French now for a couple of hours. Exam's at 9 am tomorrow. Can't wait to be finished! (Okay, so TEFL from 9 to 6 on Saturday and Sunday will be horrible but after that I have two weeks at home and can work on my research project! Then, before I know it it's Germany time!
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My ex informed me today that he still loves me, I always will be the one, and that he misses me like crazy. He did so by turning up on my doorstep and refusing to leave until I spoke to him. This he did, even though my dad told him to leave. My dad is not very scary.

My ex has a girlfriend. A girlfriend I'm pretty sure he was 'in love with' while I was with him. I feel like he spent the whole of our relationship thinking the grass was greener on the other side and now he's realised that maybe she wasn't as perfect as he thought. It's too late though, I don't want him back and I told him so.

It made me cry a lot though.

And move back to exeter because I don't want it happening again. I'm in my massive 6 bed house all by myself and its SPOOKY.

Andddd, all I want to do is speak to my bf about this, but I can't get hold of him and I don't know whats going on. We've never actually been apart (lived together before we got together) and I don't know whether his lack of communication is just how he is, or whether he's realised he doesn't actually want to be with me :erm:
That sounds horrible, hope your bf gets in touch with you soon
MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I really hope you're alright hun! Such a scumbag he is. I'm sorry I wasn't there at the time either, I'm abroad and internet is a pain.

Serentonin and slowbro! I'm in! Just tell me where and when.

Hope you feel better soon. xxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My ex informed me today that he still loves me, I always will be the one, and that he misses me like crazy. He did so by turning up on my doorstep and refusing to leave until I spoke to him. This he did, even though my dad told him to leave. My dad is not very scary.

My ex has a girlfriend. A girlfriend I'm pretty sure he was 'in love with' while I was with him. I feel like he spent the whole of our relationship thinking the grass was greener on the other side and now he's realised that maybe she wasn't as perfect as he thought. It's too late though, I don't want him back and I told him so.

It made me cry a lot though.

And move back to exeter because I don't want it happening again. I'm in my massive 6 bed house all by myself and its SPOOKY.

Andddd, all I want to do is speak to my bf about this, but I can't get hold of him and I don't know whats going on. We've never actually been apart (lived together before we got together) and I don't know whether his lack of communication is just how he is, or whether he's realised he doesn't actually want to be with me :erm:
Aww :hugs: Your ex sounds like an utter moron. I hope you get in contact with your bf soon.

I would love being in a huge house by myself. Do you have a pet?
snailsareslimy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
Put it this way, i'm not a confrontational person, but if a boy did that to a girl I knew, it would most certainly be the last time he did it.

You're very welcome, glad your dealing with it well

(Original post by rayquaza17)
This story was horrible to read!
The boy is an absolute disgrace, and if the other one thinks it is funny, he's almost as bad!

I hope you're feeling okay.
:hugs:

(Original post by MathsNerd1)
It's times and people like this that give the impression that all guys are bad, I can promise you that isn't the case and you'll soon find a great guy, I'm just sad how you've had to go through a lot before you're yet to find the right guy :/ Hopefully your time will come soon

Like the others, I hope you're okay :hugs:

(Original post by Slowbro93)
Can I join you with the beating?

(Original post by Elphaba Thropp)
What happened to you was awful. Utterly appalling and disgusting the way your Ex carried on. I hope that you feel better soon. :hugs: Please feel free to PM me if you ever want/need to talk.

(Original post by MyName??!)
I really hope you're alright hun! Such a scumbag he is. I'm sorry I wasn't there at the time either, I'm abroad and internet is a pain.

Serentonin and slowbro! I'm in! Just tell me where and when.

Hope you feel better soon. xxx
Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate the support. It's definitely made me feel a little better that I know it's not just me overreacting or whatever. Today I deleted all photos of us together and blocked him on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Hopefully I'll never have to speak to him again. I've also been really lucky that my friends are being incredibly supportive and they're really really angry with him. Definitely makes it easier knowing people have your back. I've been asked if I wanna go out on Saturday night by one of my friends but I don't know if I'll go. He texted my other friend asking if she was still going out that night, to the same club, and well, yeah, I don't wanna run into him. I just want him to stay away from me for a long time. I'm also a bit worried that he'll try get his job back (we used to work together, I've already spoken to the managers and I'm coming back in a month or so). The idea of working with him just fills me with absolute dread.

I'm just gonna throw myself into my studies and try and do as well as I can. In hindsight, even if that wouldn't have happened, the relationship was clearly not gonna last anyway. You don't do that to someone you're supposed to care about. I'm now just thankful I got out when I did.

Again, thank you so much guys. You don't have any idea of how much this all means to me. Definitely some of the kindest, most supportive people I've ever had the pleasure of talking to on this thread. :suith:
shorttstuff
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
x
Bit late to the party but been really busy recently so haven't been on. That's absolutely ****ing disgusting. Shows no morals whatsoever and shows such a bad light for guys as well. At least you got rid of him straight away and like the others said I hope you're alright :hugs:
One day you'll find a great guy who'll be a great gentleman and won't be an absolute **** because you deserve someone like that :suith:

Feel free to PM if you ever need to :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
snailsareslimy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shorttstuff)
Bit late to the party but been really busy recently so haven't been on. That's absolutely ****ing disgusting. Shows no morals whatsoever and shows such a bad light for guys as well. At least you got rid of him straight away and like the others said I hope you're alright :hugs:
One day you'll find a great guy who'll be a great gentleman and won't be an absolute **** because you deserve someone like that :suith:

Feel free to PM if you ever need to :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you :hugs:

Spoiler:
Show

I might take you up on that if I don't start to feel a bit better within a few days. I'm alright for a few hours and trying to make jokes then a ****load of sadness just hits me. Gonna go and sleep, don't really want to feel like this when I'm awake. Yesterday I must have slept for 16 hours, I just don't enjoy being awake. Also hate being left alone, mum went for shopping yesterday and was gone 2 hours, it felt like an eternity.

I hate this so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads