Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink_bubblegum)
    i hope that is ok cos that is what i wrote about for OMAM part b. But for AIC i did the inequality qu. as i found that you are talk alot about compared to MR.B.
    What cluster are you doing for Poetry?
    Yeye i wrote the inequality as well wooo!
    I'm doing conflict cluster ahhh you??

(Original post by JordanStudent)
    In Paris With You, Brothers and Sister Maude have just been been made available to ask on higher tier now, we got a phonecall home today to tell us they couldn't but now it's changed so I think one of those might?

Also To His Coy Mistress hasn't been asked yet so I'm going to go over that too
    Thank you ☺️ I really hope it's not To His Coy Mistress!

ReputationRep:
    What about Conflict? Any ideas what will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    Yes let's make sure we ace it. Good luck! Fairly confident for the poetry :D
    Thank you! Good luck to you too :D

ReputationRep:
    I doing the relationship clutter ....

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for 'Place' cluster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyvb22)
    Thank you ☺️ I really hope it's not To His Coy Mistress!
    How do you actually revise for poetry cos I know the poems but I just need to point to compare the poem with so is it best to do sample poetry answers from past papers or should I just revise the key points to save time ?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have a feeling that Belfast confetti,the right word,bayonet charge and falling leaves can come up because they are the only poems that AQA have not done for the conflict cluster.

(Original post by Pink_bubblegum)
    How do you actually revise for poetry cos I know the poems but I just need to point to compare the poem with so is it best to do sample poetry answers from past papers or should I just revise the key points to save time ?
    Thanks
    I've learnt certain quotes and what they mean and then decided what poems I'm going to compare each one to. Also, try some practise questions just to get in the flow of comparing them! Good luck ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_J123)
    Hey, I have a feeling that Belfast confetti,the right word,bayonet charge and falling leaves can come up because they are the only poems that AQA have not done for the conflict cluster.
    Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti have been done already. My best ones are yellow palm and come on come back so holding out for one of them, or ones that haven't come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyman1006)
    Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti have been done already. My best ones are yellow palm and come on come back so holding out for one of them, or ones that haven't come up
    I love COme on Come back, but apparently it came up in Nov 2014 paper? i don't know if this is right...
    I want next to of course god america i or Hawk but not much chance of those
    Maybe Out of The Blue.. or flag maybe - I hope not THE RIGHT WORD! Its a nightmare ahhh -
    Has anyone got any good notes on Right Word, Mametz wood and Charge of Lightbrigade???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danosaur_maisy)
    I love COme on Come back, but apparently it came up in Nov 2014 paper? i don't know if this is right...
    I want next to of course god america i or Hawk but not much chance of those
    Maybe Out of The Blue.. or flag maybe - I hope not THE RIGHT WORD! Its a nightmare ahhh -
    Has anyone got any good notes on Right Word, Mametz wood and Charge of Lightbrigade???
    The Right Word is horrible and I really hope Hawk Roosting doesn't come up. Mametz Wood and Charge are good

Mametz Wood you focus on the idea of nature and earth, and how their lives were taken to early (links well to futility)
    Charge of The Light Brigade is about the corruption of leadership and the heroicness of the soldiers. plenty of linguistic and structural devices throughout

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i was writing an essay on Right Word but i don't think there is a lot to say actually... ahhh
    Thanks!!

Why don't you like Hawk???

The Right Word is horrible and I really hope Hawk Roosting doesn't come up. Mametz Wood and Charge are good

Mametz Wood you focus on the idea of nature and earth, and how their lives were taken to early (links well to futility)
    Charge of The Light Brigade is about the corruption of leadership and the heroicness of the soldiers. plenty of linguistic and structural devices throughout

ReputationRep:
    Also.. for long names like Charge of the Light Brigade and next to of course god america i can you shorten these names whilst writing about them in the exam???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danosaur_maisy)
    Also.. for long names like Charge of the Light Brigade and next to of course god america i can you shorten these names whilst writing about them in the exam???
    I don't understand the themes and ideas well, and can never find anything to write, same with the Right Word

I'm not sure but to save time you can say "However Tennyson's poem portrays......"

ReputationRep:
    I could give you some advice on Hawk if you wanted... i like it lots - though tbh i don't think it will come up again
    Yeh The Right Word is evil.. i think its a bit vague to analyse at a high level - used to be just in foundation !!

Any tips on Falling Leaves??
    THANKYOU!!

I don't understand the themes and ideas well, and can never find anything to write, same with the Right Word

I'm not sure but to save time you can say "However Tennyson's poem portrays......"

ReputationRep:
    Does Anyone know if there was an english literature exam january 2014 and 2015? cannot find the past papers

ReputationRep:
    falling leaves I'm not good on either, sorry. Yeah help on Hawk Roosting would be useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_J123)
    Just to confirm Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti were both in the June 2011 paper, which isn't on the AQA website:

0 5 Compare how poets present the effects of conflictin ‘Belfast Confetti’ (page 40) and one other poem from Conflict. (36 marks)OR0 6 Compare how poets present the experience ofsoldiers in ‘Bayonet Charge’ (page 44) and oneother poem from Conflict. (36 marks)

ReputationRep:
    falling leaves I'm not good on either, sorry. Yeah help on Hawk Roosting would be useful
    No worries!! Okay I will PM you good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.