Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    renin-angiotensin pathway someone explain?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we need introductions and conclusions for the essays? I always write them but I'm wasting my time if they're not necessary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiacrellinn)
    Does anyone know if we need introductions and conclusions for the essays? I always write them but I'm wasting my time if they're not necessary
    theyre not needed, conclusions lose you marks and intros tend to be waffle, treat the essay as lots of 6 marks questions and just write it as learn and churn like you would at the back of unit 1 and 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hudl)
    Yes please upload them on here thanks or send them via pm

but surely someone would have done all the essays to an A* level and posted them online, surely
    Could you send them to me too please? I will pm you my email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainai9)
    Is RNA double stranded or single stranded? Because mRNA and tRNA are both single stranded but siRNA is orginally double stranded RNA cut into smaller strands and then separated into single strands before combining with an enzyme etc. Just a bit confused.
    I think I remember my teacher saying that siRNA is produced in the nucleus when the concentration of mRNA for a gene becomes too high, but I don't think this is on spec so you don't need to know it

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me a mark scheme definition of the term "palindrome". I always get my definition muddled up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaydenMoussa)
    Can someone give me a mark scheme definition of the term "palindrome". I always get my definition muddled up.
    i just always say the forward sequence is the same as the complementary strand read backwards

ReputationRep:
    Can fertilisation take place without ovulation because isn't that the case in eptoptic pregnancy

ReputationRep:
    someone explain oestrous cycle please

ReputationRep:
    Ugghh I'm so stressed about this exam! :/

How much has everyone studies off-spec stuff for the essay? I haven't done any at all, just don't feel like I've got time...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have a link to unit 5 model answers document?

ReputationRep:
    what substances would an essay on biomolecules be on? just protein carbs fats etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottei)
    Ugghh I'm so stressed about this exam! :/

How much has everyone studies off-spec stuff for the essay? I haven't done any at all, just don't feel like I've got time...
    I havent done any specific studies off spec either! Theres only a couple of marks for that in the essay so I'm just leaving it and hoping the essay that comes up will be on something i may have extra info on, but if not its only a couple of marks

ReputationRep:
    someone please tell me whats going to be on this essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badman1231)
    Nobody knows. AQA wants to surprise us.

ReputationRep:
    hold on let me just use my crystal ball...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainai9)
    Is RNA double stranded or single stranded? Because mRNA and tRNA are both single stranded but siRNA is orginally double stranded RNA cut into smaller strands and then separated into single strands before combining with an enzyme etc. Just a bit confused.
    siRNA is formed when a single stranded small length of mRNA folds back on itself and forms complementary base pairs, thus forming a double strand of mRNA, this is then cut into the siRNA which attaches to an enzyme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djhodnett)
    hold on let me just use my crystal ball...
    what does it say?

ReputationRep:
    what does it say?
    the essay will be on stupid ****ing cucumbers and their stupid root disease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djhodnett)
    the essay will be on stupid ****ing cucumbers and their stupid root disease
    And salty soil

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 27, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.