The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Russha
I'm 24 and I was the second oldest at our assessment in Newcastle. The eldest was in his 40's though.

I was genuinely surprised to be offered my 1st choice (finance) as I did feel a bit passed it and out of practice at assessment!

I'm also 24 and felt older. I received my confirmation email today, I got my second option business admin.
Can i ask what dates did you guys have ur assessments?
Reply 762
Original post by Bateman93
Can i ask what dates did you guys have ur assessments?

I had mine on the 29th April in London.
Hmmm..funny i had mine the next day. Think I might've been the oldest one at mine being 21.. lol i'm starting to get the hint that i dint make it through, although i applied for digital and tech but so far noone on here is on that programme ..
I've done kind of a statistical analysis.. Assuming, the Civil Service has had 30 assessment days nationwide, each having 25 candidates, therefore, each candidate will have (450/1250)= 36% chance of getting into the civil service..but ofcourse this model has flaws like the number of applicants for a psrticular programme might be greater than another
I received my email today to confirm an offer, just location and department to follow! Business Admin in Yorkshire & Humber, anybody else received offers in this region?
Does anybody know how long it takes them to contact references? I'd quite like to talk to my manager before they ask him as I've not mentioned anything to him about leaving and he's been great with me and my hours recently, fitting in around my exams etc, don't want him to just receive a phone call or letter telling him I've applied elsewhere
@veggyem96 I think contacting references will be the last thing they do, so can't imagine it being anytime soon? I'd like to know also due to my current job!
Has anyone in Scotland heard back about operational delivery?
Original post by gokuuniteus
Has anyone in Scotland heard back about operational delivery?

Wondering the same but in the Birmingham region instead of Scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by veggyem96
Does anybody know how long it takes them to contact references? I'd quite like to talk to my manager before they ask him as I've not mentioned anything to him about leaving and he's been great with me and my hours recently, fitting in around my exams etc, don't want him to just receive a phone call or letter telling him I've applied elsewhere

People have already posted on here saying their references have been contacted!
Reply 771
Have you guys worked for 3 years straight with same manager? Because it states that referees must have known you for at least 3 years in work or educational environment.
Original post by Miyata
Have you guys worked for 3 years straight with same manager? Because it states that referees must have known you for at least 3 years in work or educational environment.

I've got about 15 managers (I work in McDonald's) but I've had 2 of them for about 2 years
image.jpgJust out of interest, did everybody recieve the same email? I'm slightly worried because it's not showing up in my portal and I didn't recieve a text to say I had an email
Reply 774
Anybody had any confirmations today?
Original post by Jid12
Anybody had any confirmations today?

nope :/ starting to accept I haven't got it now...
Reply 776
Original post by rafanadal
nope :/ starting to accept I haven't got it now...

Keep your chin up
Original post by Jid12
Keep your chin up

Cheers bud you too :h:
Reply 778
Original post by rafanadal
Cheers bud you too :h:

I'm guessing we'll definitely hear back next week. Hope you get it mate, if only they recruited based on the desire for the post, we'd defo be top candidates then :tongue:
Original post by Jid12
I'm guessing we'll definitely hear back next week. Hope you get it mate, if only they recruited based on the desire for the post, we'd defo be top candidates then :tongue:

I hope you get it too! And hahahah that is so true!!! :biggrin: Some people may not accept the offer due to the location being too far to travel so I suppose there is still some hope left!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending