Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Russha)
    I'm 24 and I was the second oldest at our assessment in Newcastle. The eldest was in his 40's though.

I was genuinely surprised to be offered my 1st choice (finance) as I did feel a bit passed it and out of practice at assessment!
    I'm also 24 and felt older. I received my confirmation email today, I got my second option business admin.

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask what dates did you guys have ur assessments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman93)
    Can i ask what dates did you guys have ur assessments?
    I had mine on the 29th April in London.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm..funny i had mine the next day. Think I might've been the oldest one at mine being 21.. lol i'm starting to get the hint that i dint make it through, although i applied for digital and tech but so far noone on here is on that programme ..

ReputationRep:
    I've done kind of a statistical analysis.. Assuming, the Civil Service has had 30 assessment days nationwide, each having 25 candidates, therefore, each candidate will have (450/1250)= 36% chance of getting into the civil service..but ofcourse this model has flaws like the number of applicants for a psrticular programme might be greater than another

ReputationRep:
    I received my email today to confirm an offer, just location and department to follow! Business Admin in Yorkshire & Humber, anybody else received offers in this region?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how long it takes them to contact references? I'd quite like to talk to my manager before they ask him as I've not mentioned anything to him about leaving and he's been great with me and my hours recently, fitting in around my exams etc, don't want him to just receive a phone call or letter telling him I've applied elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    veggyem96 I think contacting references will be the last thing they do, so can't imagine it being anytime soon? I'd like to know also due to my current job!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone in Scotland heard back about operational delivery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gokuuniteus)
    Has anyone in Scotland heard back about operational delivery?
    Wondering the same but in the Birmingham region instead of Scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggyem96)
    Does anybody know how long it takes them to contact references? I'd quite like to talk to my manager before they ask him as I've not mentioned anything to him about leaving and he's been great with me and my hours recently, fitting in around my exams etc, don't want him to just receive a phone call or letter telling him I've applied elsewhere
    People have already posted on here saying their references have been contacted!

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys worked for 3 years straight with same manager? Because it states that referees must have known you for at least 3 years in work or educational environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miyata)
    Have you guys worked for 3 years straight with same manager? Because it states that referees must have known you for at least 3 years in work or educational environment.
    I've got about 15 managers (I work in McDonald's) but I've had 2 of them for about 2 years

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  172.3 KBJust out of interest, did everybody recieve the same email? I'm slightly worried because it's not showing up in my portal and I didn't recieve a text to say I had an email

ReputationRep:
    Anybody had any confirmations today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jid12)
    Anybody had any confirmations today?
    nope :/ starting to accept I haven't got it now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafanadal)
    nope :/ starting to accept I haven't got it now...
    Keep your chin up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jid12)
    Keep your chin up
    Cheers bud you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafanadal)
    Cheers bud you too
    I'm guessing we'll definitely hear back next week. Hope you get it mate, if only they recruited based on the desire for the post, we'd defo be top candidates then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jid12)
    I'm guessing we'll definitely hear back next week. Hope you get it mate, if only they recruited based on the desire for the post, we'd defo be top candidates then
    I hope you get it too! And hahahah that is so true!!! Some people may not accept the offer due to the location being too far to travel so I suppose there is still some hope left!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.