ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJJ97)
    What would a sample question be and j will do you a plan
    omg ok probably something like:
    Explain how suburbanisation has impacted different areas of the world
    Something like this? Really struggling on how I'd be synoptic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulus1)
    what kind of things would you compare them on?
    An MEDC/ oil exporting country having more of an impact on the global economy than Asian tigers for instance in terms of political and economic influence.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 142701)
    omg ok probably something like:
    Explain how suburbanisation has impacted different areas of the world
    Something like this? Really struggling on how I'd be synoptic
    Truthfully I doubt they will ask a question purely on one process but give me a sec I will write somthing up!

ReputationRep:
    Eyjafjallajokull - emergency services were prepped and ready, because they were able to monitor the volcano especially as it showed signs of eruptions before the main one. Residents sent a 30 min warning and nobody died.
    Earthquake - After Kobe 1995 earthquake in Japan they improved buildings and this led to less damage during the Tokoku earthquake in 2011.

LEDCS which have failed - Mt Nyiragongo, looted batteries from monitoring stations, warning flags torn i.e. a lack of resources meant it was difficult to warn people, 147 people died.
    Haiti - only had one seismometre prior to 2010 earthquake, lack of monitoring and poorly structured buildings meant 230,000 died, 250,000 homes destroyed etc
    hope this helps
    Thanks this helps a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2311)
    Could you do this for weather and climate please
    Hi, I don't study weather and climate and also have the geog exam on Thursday I really need to revise for 😅 It's very easy to do though, just print out the specification and highlight on it all the parts that have come up before leaving the remaining likely questions.
    Sorry I don't have time to do this for you but if I can help with the other topics I'd be very happy

ReputationRep:
    In an essay about how the PT theory has helped prepare for seismic events, would you write a lot about the pieces of evidence for the theory or not? Because surely without that we couldn't prepare

ReputationRep:
    Wonder if they'd ask a Q on Describe the causes and characteristics of earthquakes for an 8 marker cos they've done it for tsunamis in the past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomicmat;[url="tel:65459561")
    65459561[/url]]Can we please make a solid plan for this essay bc it's stressing me out:

compare and contrast the nature of volcanic hazards with seismic hazards
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJJ97)
    Truthfully I doubt they will ask a question purely on one process but give me a sec I will write somthing up!
    hopefully! I'm thinking it would be way too difficult! Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how to include synopticity in 40 markers?
    Do you just refer to another subject in geog you are studying? And for how long-a sentence or a paragraph?
    Also how many pages/paragraphs do people who score well tend to write for a 40m, and does it have to be completely balanced?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lavender26)
    Does anybody know how to include synopticity in 40 markers?
    Do you just refer to another subject in geog you are studying? And for how long-a sentence or a paragraph?
    Also how many pages/paragraphs do people who score well tend to write for a 40m, and does it have to be completely balanced?
    For synopticity yes try to link to other topics, but also consider changes over time and space and the role of the gov in whatever it is you are discussing. I usually try to do a couple of sentences interspersed with the whole essay.
    I've seen higher level 4 answers which are only 3 sides of A4, but i tend to do 4/5 sides (not pages!). Balance is necessary but sometimes it cant be completely eg if one side of the argument clearly has a lot more evidence to support it

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone know if we can do the essay first and then do the 25 mark questions or do we have to do them in order of the question booklet? thanks 😌

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lavender26)
    An MEDC/ oil exporting country having more of an impact on the global economy than Asian tigers for instance in terms of political and economic influence.
    Hope this helps
    Do Asian tigers not have economic influence then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geog_123)
    Hi does anyone know if we can do the essay first and then do the 25 mark questions or do we have to do them in order of the question booklet? thanks 😌
    Lol you can do it in any order you want 😂 How are they gonna know?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how do answer these development and globalisation questions?

Suggest reasons for the development of global marketing (8 marks)
    Outline the formation and functioning of the EU (8 marks)
    Discuss how changes in patterns of production have promoted globalisation (10 marks)
    Discuss the role that recent NICs such as Brazil and Russia play in the global economy (10 marks)

ReputationRep:
    Do Asian tigers not have economic influence then?
    Yes of course they do, but in an essay asking to examine the economic influences of NICs, it would be wise to talk about NICs in comparison to Asian Tigers, Oil exporting countries and G8 (medc) countries.
    This is in order to suggest that although NIC influence is growing, in the present the G8 countries exert the largest degree of global influence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geog_123)
    We can do them in any order as were given a paper booklet. I'm probably going to do my best 25 marker, then the essay then my other 25 marker x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 142701)
    hopefully! I'm thinking it would be way too difficult! Thank you so much!
    I have googled everything and I honestly don't think it will come up as a 40 marker! There is not enough to write... The only thing that could happen is if they ask about planning and managment because that incorporates suburbanisation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullhouse)

Discuss how changes in patterns of production have promoted globalisation (10 marks)
    Discuss the role that recent NICs such as Brazil and Russia play in the global economy (10 marks)
    Yes please!
    In addition could people suggest how they would structure and suggest case studies for

'Countries at very low levels of economic development face issues that are beyond their capability to resolve'

'With reference to examples, assess the degree to which the level of economic development of a country affects planning and management in urban areas'

'Suggest how plate tectonic theory helps to mitigate the hazards of seismic and volcanic events'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullhouse)

We need to know the formation of the EU?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.