Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Lincoln's announces their scholarships?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=gcafc;63627377]
    (Original post by wannabeebar)

As a heads up Grays are now closed until the 4th April and I've been told that they're aiming to send out responses that week. Slightly frustrating considering we will have to accept bptc offers by the 4th but c'est la vie
    Thanks for that, much appreciated - I suppose I'll stop obsessively checking my email for the time being!

ReputationRep:
    For anyone wondering about the little saga I created on here with regard to the inner scholarships it was good news in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all with scholarships. I still have a couple of weeks to wait for news from Gray's by the sounds of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vakil)
    Any news from Imperium Chambers or Westminster Law Chambers (post written assessment)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was invited for interview for Imperium 3 weeks ago but nothing from Westminster. When did WLC write back to you, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Westminster wrote to me with the written assessment on 22 February. Have you head back from Imperium post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glaister)
    Does anyone know when Lincoln's announces their scholarships?
    In previous years it was around now but I suspect the announcements will be delayed until the Treasury Office re-opens on Monday 4 April (as with Gray's Inn).

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who received scholarship- do you have any advice for the interview? I plan on reapplying next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planet_sophie)
    Anybody who received scholarship- do you have any advice for the interview? I plan on reapplying next year.
    I was about to respond but actually let's take this somewhere else: start a new thread called inns scholarships 2017 or something, tag me in it (if you can, not sure about these things, if not quote me? or message me the link or something) and I will offer my twopence on the Inner Temple process (presuming I am allowed to - I can't see why not.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsmusicfrench)
    I was about to respond but actually let's take this somewhere else: start a new thread called inns scholarships 2017 or something, tag me in it (if you can, not sure about these things, if not quote me? or message me the link or something) and I will offer my twopence on the Inner Temple process (presuming I am allowed to - I can't see why not.)
    I'd be happy to join, if I can be of any help, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planet_sophie)
    Have opinions on areas of law that interest you that you can talk about in detail if necessary.

Otherwise there's not a great deal you can do to prepare. I think a large part of the point is to see how well you can process and respond to things on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    4KBW (Lawrence Power) rejections out by post

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desvalido)
    It was personalised and in an email format for me. Best of luck to you!
    Hello,

I wondered if you could give me the initials of the person who emailed you please so I can check my junk folder. I have not heard anything and note you were contacted 6 days ago so I thought best I give it a search, must be in there somewhere!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    would have been nice if 7br notified you of your rejection. Instead they reject by silence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legal1)
    would have been nice if 7br notified you of your rejection. Instead they reject by silence!
    I really hope they don't do that after first round which is Saturday. It's a nightmare the way firms and chambers do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiny92)
    I really hope they don't do that after first round which is Saturday. It's a nightmare the way firms and chambers do that.
    Yes - if there's anything worse than being rejected, it's being rejected by silence! I've asked for feedback. Good luck with your interview!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else in here accepted a BPTC offer at BPP?

I cannot work out when/how they want the deposit.

I'd take a pm if you don't want to use up valuable thread space.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Hailsham yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)

Thanks.
    Annoyingly, I've just had an email from them. UoL have sent out an email regarding extension of deadlines for those who have yet to receive a decision from their Inns, but BPP is refusing to officially extend anything. Apparently they need people to accept their offer and pay their deposits by 4 April at noon, and they will refund the deposit if you are awarded a full scholarship.

Judging from previous comments on here, however, they won't actually rescind your offer.

Anyway, not sure if that is actually relevant to your question - might be more an excuse on my part to rant a bit. From the payments I've made to them for the GDL, you can usually pay online or by phone. It looks like the deadline to pay is 4 April. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)

Thanks.
    When I accepted my offer through the website using the code they sent me it took me through to the various payment methods they accept and I paid mine by transferring to their bank details

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.