Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Shootings" reported in central Paris. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    For the reason given in this thread six or seven times already.
    Which is?

I live in a heavily populated French area of London so will be interesting to get responses from people,definitely sure there's probably a vigil going on/something related to the attacks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Why not read the whole thread queeny
    It's so long. Why can't you just update me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    It's so long. Why can't you just update me.

Sometimes in life you just have to do the work yourself.

And with something like this it's worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    I think it was normal to know that the religion of peace was the culprit because it always is.
    Like it has been in the recent school shooting in Sweden?

Oh wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Sometimes in life you just have to do the work yourself.

And with something like this it's worth it
    Hmm sounds like you ain't got a clue as to what's going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    This is a terrible event but we all saw it coming, it won't be the first or the last as long as we let Islam into European countries. We will never be safe until muslims are not in our societies anymore that is the sad truth, how many more innocent people have to die before our useless politically correct politicians do something to protect their own people?
    Do you have any friends who are Muslims? Clearly,you sound like an isolated individual. Do not tar all Muslims with the same brush. There are bad people in every race an religion. Get over yourself and Muslims ain't going anywhere neither are ethnic minorities so deal with it

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts go out to the families of the deceased.

And I'm disgusted by all the people on here/ going to come using it to fire up their racist/ discriminatory ways because we all know if it was Muslims you wouldn't give a **** about it. Alot like the rape cases, Instead of caring about how the victims are and how the individual needs to be punished you use it to justify your rubbish agenda.

Judge by the individual and the individuals that did this need to get what's coming to them.

Plus I can't feel bad enough because I know there was probably some asian/ muslim people who got killed and now their families have to deal with the grief AND the discrimination after that.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Don't remember that happening
    Like after Netanyahu claimed it was a Palestinian who persuaded Hitler to exterminate Jews

"We know that responsibility for this crime against humanity is German and very much our own."

I'm not saying all Muslims should take responsibility for attacks by other Muslims, but its funny seeing the Germans do it

ReputationRep:
    Hmm sounds like you ain't got a clue as to what's going on
    I have been on the thread from page one.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I haven't really followed this story since I saw the "10 reported dead" last night and now I've just logged on to see it's about 120+? Jeez.

RIP to all them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    There are Muslims fighting ISIS on the front lines in the middle-east.

How many times do I have to say this?

Should we bomb those fighting ISIS in the 'war on Islam'?
    I don't want such a war. Even though we'd win the result would be the enragement of millions of Muslims and a degree of civil unrest here.

I've just never known a group viewed so negatively and that was before tonights attacks. The time is coming when the people run out of patience for their leaders messages of tolerance and understanding while their children and wives are killed in the name of a religion of peace. Once that happens then somewhere in Europe we will see the people demand vengeance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I don't want such a war. Even though we'd win the result would be the enragement of millions of Muslims and a degree of civil unrest here.

I've just never known a group viewed so negatively and that was before tonights attacks. The time is coming when the people run out of patience for their leaders messages of tolerance and understanding while their children and wives are killed in the name of a religion of peace. Once that happens then somewhere in Europe we will see the people demand vengeance.
    You mean the same leaders that go and bomb other countries?

Wouldn't the people, who are seemingly running out of patience, direct their anger at their government and vote them out of power at the pinnacle of human civilization, which is democracy.

What is all this nonsense about "vengeance"? We are a civilized people and we do things in a certain way. That is what differentiates us from the barbarians that we are blowing up.

Hold the political leaders accountable for their actions but people still want their leaders to act with impunity and live the dream of not expecting any retaliation for their foreign actions. They feel as though decisions made thousands of miles away from their borders would have no impact on their life.

The reality is very different, as we saw yesterday.

The blood-thirst is also very unseemly. We hit them, they hit us back. We hit them again, they will hit us back. They cycle continues. It won't solve anything but it will demonise an entire group of people.

ReputationRep:
    My friend can be seen dying in this video ... I want to share to honour their sacrifice.

http://www.lemonde.fr/attaques-a-par...5_4809495.html

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts go out to the families and friends of those killed. This is very sad news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    My thoughts go out to the families of the deceased.

And I'm disgusted by all the people on here/ going to come using it to fire up their racist/ discriminatory ways because we all know if it was Muslims you wouldn't give a **** about it. Alot like the rape cases, Instead of caring about how the victims are and how the individual needs to be punished you use it to justify your rubbish agenda.

Judge by the individual and the individuals that did this need to get what's coming to them.

Plus I can't feel bad enough because I know there was probably some asian/ muslim people who got killed and now their families have to deal with the grief AND the discrimination after that.
    This is nothing like Rotherham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    My friend can be seen dying in this video ... I want to share to honour their sacrifice.

Those blood stains on the floor are haunting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    You mean the same leaders that go and bomb other countries?

Wouldn't the people, who are seemingly running out of patience, direct their anger at their government and vote them out of power at the pinnacle of human civilization, which is democracy.

What is all this nonsense about "vengeance"? We are a civilized people and we do things in a certain way. That is what differentiates us from the barbarians that we are blowing up.

Hold the political leaders accountable for their actions but people still want their leaders to act with impunity and live the dream of not expecting any retaliation for their foreign actions. They feel as though decisions made thousands of miles away from their borders would have no impact on their life.

The reality is very different, as we saw yesterday.

The blood-thirst is also very unseemly. We hit them, they hit us back. We hit them again, they will hit us back. They cycle continues. It won't solve anything but it will demonise an entire group of people.
    So that I'm clear.

You think that ISIS should not have been attacked?

Also you seem to be giving in to their terror.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

RIP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Horrible

ReputationRep:
    Crazy news

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.