Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_Kathryn)
    Hi! Anyone here been allocated to St. Johns/accepted to do Anthropology?
    I've been accepted to do Anthropology and Sociology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EveRP)
    Just got mine too 😌 What college did you apply to?
    well done!! I applied for Hatfield (doubt i'll get it) yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Hey for the open day do you guess we get to go out out in the evening?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzibella)
    I've been accepted to do Anthropology and Sociology
    Hi! What college have you been allocated to?

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer for Anthropology

My college application was open, and I've been assigned to Van Mildert College. Really happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobodycarescarla)
    I'm st John's too! For biosciences though. There's a St John's chat on Facebook if you guys aren't already in it! And I'm just visiting Tuesday :P
    I'm also doing Biosciences but at Collingwood! And I'm also going on Tuesday, so see you there☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)
    Got an unconditional offer for Anthropology

My college application was open, and I've been assigned to Van Mildert College. Really happy.
    Congrats on the offer! There is a thread for van mildert if you search it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_Kathryn)
    Hi! What college have you been allocated to?
    St Chad's What are you doing/where have you been allocated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pauli14)
    I'm also doing Biosciences but at Collingwood! And I'm also going on Tuesday, so see you there☺️
    Thats awesome congrats! See you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebe_cottam)
    Congrats on the offer! There is a thread for van mildert if you search it
    Oh cool, thanks for letting me know.

ReputationRep:
    Course: Theoretical Physics MPhys
    Offer: A*A*A
    Date Applied: Early November
    Date Offer Received: 29th Feb
    College Applied for: St Chad's
    College Allocated: NOT YET

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobodycarescarla)
    I'm st John's too! For biosciences though. There's a St John's chat on Facebook if you guys aren't already in it! And I'm just visiting Tuesday :P
    Oh, I'm also st John's but for NatSci (biology and chemistry)! Do you think you could send me a link to the chat? Pm or here

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else got an offer for ancient history?

ReputationRep:
    Course: History
    Offer: 30 credits @ distinction, 15 @ merit
    Date Applied: Mid-November
    Date Offer Received: 26th Feb
    College Applied for: University
    College Allocated: Nothing yet

I was originally aiming for Newcastle but to hear I got an offer from Durham is great. 4 Years ago I was rejected, but I went back to college to prove myself. I'm glad they see something in me.
    Still waiting to hear on ancient history, but history is probably my main preference right now.

Now to decide on Newcastle or Durham for history? Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddyr)
    Course: History
    Offer: 30 credits @ distinction, 15 @ merit
    Date Applied: Mid-November
    Date Offer Received: 26th Feb
    College Applied for: University
    College Allocated: Nothing yet

I was originally aiming for Newcastle but to hear I got an offer from Durham is great. 4 Years ago I was rejected, but I went back to college to prove myself. I'm glad they see something in me.
    Still waiting to hear on ancient history, but history is probably my main preference right now.

Now to decide on Newcastle or Durham for history? Hmm.
    It depends where you want to be. Newcastle is a decent uni with good nightlife but Durham would be a more respected degree but nightlife probably not as good as Newcastle. Also Durham is more of a big town and Newcastle I think is bigger than Durham but couldn't say for certain as I haven't been. What are the asking grades for Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebe_cottam)
    It depends where you want to be. Newcastle is a decent uni with good nightlife but Durham would be a more respected degree but nightlife probably not as good as Newcastle. Also Durham is more of a big town and Newcastle I think is bigger than Durham but couldn't say for certain as I haven't been. What are the asking grades for Newcastle?
    Newcastle asks for the same grades as Durham in terms of access course (the equivalent of a-levels but for older students). But for A level Newcastle asks AAA whereas Durham is A*AA.

I already live in the north-east and Newcastle has an amazing night life. Durham is slowly catching up though. It's all crazy because I never thought I'd get an offer from Durham for history.

Have you got an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone still waiting on an offer for Physics? It's taking FOREVER for both Durham and Birmingham for me and I'm starting to get worried they've forgotten about me lol

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for history a while back, what do you think chances are of still being accepted post-results day if I miss out on the a*? just a bit of paranoia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddyr)
    Newcastle asks for the same grades as Durham in terms of access course (the equivalent of a-levels but for older students). But for A level Newcastle asks AAA whereas Durham is A*AA.

I already live in the north-east and Newcastle has an amazing night life. Durham is slowly catching up though. It's all crazy because I never thought I'd get an offer from Durham for history.

Have you got an offer yet?
    Oh right, you know a lot better than me then because I'm in the north west! Yes for law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal-lum)
    Sociology @ St Chad's, anyone same course/college let me know .
    I'm at chad's and can choose sociology as part of my combined honours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.