Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pa16)
    Hi it was the e&c address....on my work email cant remember full address. Im also waiting on Glasgow ....Ive to let her know when documents are handed in which im doing on Wednesday.......wonder if glasgow was forgotten about lol
    I am also Glasgow and was given my start date last week but it is not until October so that might explain the delay as still 10 weeks away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jas87)
    I am also Glasgow and was given my start date last week but it is not until October so that might explain the delay as still 10 weeks away.
    Well done on a start date can i ask what date in October you were given , just want to sort out my leave and could work it out with your start date ...thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone got offers for Belfast HO yet???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pa16)
    Well done on a start date can i ask what date in October you were given , just want to sort out my leave and could work it out with your start date ...thanks
    3rd October

ReputationRep:
    so after 12 and a half weeks of being stuck on pre employment checks I finally have some movement.

I have a letter from occupational health wanting me to go online and answer some questions, did everyone else have to do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King86)
    so after 12 and a half weeks of being stuck on pre employment checks I finally have some movement.

I have a letter from occupational health wanting me to go online and answer some questions, did everyone else have to do this?
    Yes; I did this - then after that I had to wait for a telephone consultation with a nurse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Parts)
    Yes; I did this - then after that I had to wait for a telephone consultation with a nurse.
    what was the telephone consultation about? how long did you have to wait for it? do you have a formal offer now?

sorry for all the questions, just excited that something is actually happening now lol

ReputationRep:
    what was the telephone consultation about? how long did you have to wait for it? do you have a formal offer now?

sorry for all the questions, just excited that something is actually happening now lol
    I'd say about 10 days after I submitted the online form, I had the telephone consultation. Someone phoned me after submitting to arrange an appt at a later date.

After the consultation the nurse told me at the end that she was signing me as 'fit' and HMRC would be in touch shortly. It was then another 2 weeks before I got a formal offer (18th July) and I start at HMRC on 5th Sept.

The consultation was just about what I'd put on the form; just asking what condition was, what medication I take, is it well controlled etc. (Bear in mind this was the forth time I had provided the info - two email forms, an online form and then the telephone consultation!)

I'd assume if you're at this stage, you'll get an Oct start date. Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    My checks were completed about a week after the OHS telephone conversation

ReputationRep:

I had this and didn't need a telephone consultation. My formal offer came about 2 weeks after it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Does anybody know if I need to prepare another answer for "making effective decisions". This was assessed in the application and says it will be assessed in the interview too and I am just wondering whether I need to think of another example

thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie_lc)
    Hi

Does anybody know if I need to prepare another answer for "making effective decisions". This was assessed in the application and says it will be assessed in the interview too and I am just wondering whether I need to think of another example

thankyou
    You don't need another example, if that competency did well enough to get you to the interview I would stick with it and expand.

The interview is fairly straightforward, they'll start off by asking why you're interested in the job and then move on to asking one question on making effective decisions and one on collaborating and partnering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Parts)
    Formal letter received; yay! Wealthy & Midsize Business at Regian House, Liverpool. See you on the 5th of Sept Hayho

Finally had my revised offer for Imperial Court today. See you in a few weeks...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, How long did it take for them to get back to you after the interview with a offer/rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-girl)
    Hi, How long did it take for them to get back to you after the interview with a offer/rejection?
    Hi there, I had my interview in April and was told 9th May that I had passed the interview but was on the reserve list. On the 13th May I was given a provisional offer pending background checks Then on the 6th July a formal offer with a start date of September. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayho)
    Hi there, I had my interview in April and was told 9th May that I had passed the interview but was on the reserve list. On the 13th May I was given a provisional offer pending background checks Then on the 6th July a formal offer with a start date of September. Hope that helps.
    Woaah! Good Luck in your new role and Congrats! Do you remember the date your interview was in April?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-girl)
    Woaah! Good Luck in your new role and Congrats! Do you remember the date your interview was in April?
    Thanks, and good luck to you too. My interview was the 6th April...

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has been successful with a posting at a location that will be transferring to Croydon then the new location has been confirmed today as 1 Ruskin Square and the move will start from Summer 2017 rather than April 2017.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody started their role yet? I know Manchester was due to have an intake this month.

ReputationRep:
    I am due to start on 22nd August as an O at Albert Bridge House, Manchester

Anyone else starting with me by any chance?

Also, does anyone know the difference between Albert Bridge House and Trinty Bridge House?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.