Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    I'm not mocking anyone to be honest i dont like mocking others. Maybe you misunderstood me it was meant to be anything rude i am sorry . I apologise
    No worries.👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Nah. It's ok. I've always been told by my Mother that I'm a bit too sensitive. 😳😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha Me too I get upset over small things

ReputationRep:
    I'm not mocking anyone to be honest i dont like mocking others. Maybe you misunderstood me it was meant to be anything rude i am sorry . I apologise I deleted the post because i think it hurt you
    I didnt mean to show off i was just mean to tell you
    By the way. What are you hoping to get in your GCSEs ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Oh Ok Hope you get them all done Zoe x
    Thank you I hope you do too
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Thomb)
    The gap is quite big at a level I did factorising to begin with and I enjoyed factorising at gcse but at a level it was with surds which I found really difficult. Thanks for the advice and good luck with your gcse. Do you know what you'd like to study at university?
    Ahr right, well whatever you choose to do I wish you the best of luck with it and thank you

I am wanting to go on to univeristy to study Physics although at the moment Chemistry has become an idea too, so I will wait and see how As level goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Ahr right, well whatever you choose to do I wish you the best of luck with it and thank you

I am wanting to go on to univeristy to study Physics although at the moment Chemistry has become an idea too, so I will wait and see how As level goes
    Good Luck in whatever you do.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    UPDATE

Today I want to be more specific with setting out my revision so I will use Google Calendars and plan out the times of everything so I have an idea of how much I can get done. I want to do at least 1 past paper in maybe Science or German and continue with my notes in draft or typed up.

ReputationRep:
    By the way. What are you hoping to get in your GCSEs ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm English Language - A*
    English Lit A*
    Maths A*
    StastiSTICS - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A
    Geography - A
    French - A*
    Psychology - A*

( I 've already done two of my gcse's Cambridge IGCSE for English B
    Maths Certificate Edexcel - A* )

So yeah]

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3934631

Have a look at my thread above

ReputationRep:
    Revision tips anyone?
    Motivational quotes for revising?
    How long should I revise a day? How many subjects should I revise a day? I want to get 10/10 A*-A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do edexcel Maths A, Business edexcel, English literature AQA, English Language iGCSE, OCR 21ST century triple science. French edexcel, Geography B edexcel and Religious studies edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Wisdom2)
    Revision tips anyone?
    Motivational quotes for revising?
    How long should I revise a day? How many subjects should I revise a day? I want to get 10/10 A*-A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Wisdom2)
    I do edexcel Maths A, Business edexcel, English literature AQA, English Language iGCSE, OCR 21ST century triple science. French edexcel, Geography B edexcel and Religious studies edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there, the only exam board we match in is Maths, but the best way to revise for this past papers - lots and lots. Do every single one you can find and maybe try different exam boards.

What grades are you currently getting in all your subjects?

For English I made a post about how I revise here:
    How do I revise for English Literature? Finding synonyms is always a great idea for English – and it is useful when you are explaining characters, as sometimes you can never quite ‘find the right word’ so this is something I highly recommend. Plus, it is revision without any strenuous thinking involved, and it doesn’t take very long either. I have just started to make neat copies of character profiles for all 3 texts that I study. In these profile, I have a page for each section and my sections are: Adjectives, Key Quotes, Key Scenes, Historical Context, Key Themes, and Relationship with Others. I have colour coded tabs on an A3 sheet which I relate to the profiles so I can easily identify them. I also highlight key quotes in my books and annotate them (I was reluctant to do this at first – drawing in books is not the nicest feeling). Below you can see the book Heroes with all my quotes annotated, highlighted and tabbed.
    For languages, I do German but find that Quizlet is great for vocab and doing past papers introduces you to new vocab.

For Geography organise your notes so you know every detail of the case studies and perhaps making diagrams might work, so you can stick them on your wall and memorise them like that. Here's another post I made:
    Geography Revision Techniques For Geography, besides past papers, I have recently started making diagrams and more creative methods to memorise the formations/layouts of various things. Ican then put these up in my room and constantly remind myself of what key information I need to know – and eventually it becomes so familiar that I can recall it. It is a great method to use because you learn whilst you are making them and when you get to colour it in or make it look pretty, it can be more relaxing and less taxing on the brain (however, don’t spend too much time colouring, obviously ). I also use the outline method for notes on every topic in the modules and do the same as I do for Science. For case studies, I create tables with the details I need to know and then create mind maps with diagrams to associate with the facts and statistics – and flashcards/question cards are useful for making sure you know the specific details or just a way to refresh your memory in a few free minutes you may have.
    I also made a post about science revision:
    How do I Make Science Notes?When revising Science, I prefer to write out notes from the revision guide by hand so that I am actually processing the information. I use the outline system to take these notes (see the picture) and then after a few days, I will get these notes and type them up so that I have a neat version that I can access anywhere. It is also much easier to combine topics or search for them if they are digitally stored (though both ways work fine on their own). As I write a page of notes, I will make questions and answers which not only helps me consolidate what I have learnt, but also saves me time when I decide to make flashcards/question cards for the subjects.When making notes, I will use shorthand for certain things such as 'at' will become @ and 'and' will become +. I will also not include the word 'the' so that everything is shortened and easier to remember.
    In terms of how long to spend, I personally do 3-4 hours on a school night and about 6 on a weekend. However, I don't recommend this but you should consider how well you are using your time. make sure you have a plan before you start revising and know what you want to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Is there any youtubers for revision or stuff like revision ?
    If so please could you tell me.
    Gracias Amigos ( Thank you friends) - Probably like the only two spanish words i know , so i use them

1- Eve Bennett ( Is bae at revision) but she is the only one i know anyone else ....

I personally feel that youtubers help me motivate and just aid me for my exams

Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Hey guys,

Is there any youtubers for revision or stuff like revision ?
    If so please could you tell me.
    Gracias Amigos ( Thank you friends) - Probably like the only two spanish words i know , so i use them

1- Eve Bennett ( Is bae at revision) but she is the only one i know anyone else ....

I personally feel that youtubers help me motivate and just aid me for my exams

Thank you
    Sorry I can't help - have you tried making a thread to ask other people?

And have you taken a look at Manisha who vlogs for TSR, I watched one of them yesterday and they are quite good

ReputationRep:
    Hmm English Language - A*
    English Lit A*
    Maths A*
    StastiSTICS - A*
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A
    Geography - A
    French - A*
    Psychology - A*

( I 've already done two of my gcse's Cambridge IGCSE for English B
    Maths Certificate Edexcel - A* )

So yeah]

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3934631

Have a look at my thread above
    I've read through your thread. You seem to be working quite hard. Keep it up.👍 i wish you all the best with your acquiring those grades. I'm sure you'll achieve them with the amount of work you're putting in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I've read through your thread. You seem to be working quite hard. Keep it up.👍 i wish you all the best with your acquiring those grades. I'm sure you'll achieve them with the amount of work you're putting in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heya, what grades do you currently get at the minute - do you have any techniques which I might find useful

ReputationRep:
    Heya, what grades do you currently get at the minute - do you have any techniques which I might find useful
    Right. So. I usually get Bs that are off 1 mark an A without revision. With a day's worth of revision I usually get an A or if I'm lucky an A star. Personally speaking, it really depends on the subject and how you are doing in it already. For instance, English lit and Lang exams are like doing a list minute piece of homework for me. I always get an A star in them. Due to me already being on an A star for French. I usually just fluke it because it's just using class knowledge. I usually get an A and a B for the reading and listening. It equates to an A star overall so i guess it's okay.

However, maths is something I definitely need to revise for. I've never revised for a maths exam and I've never gotten above a B. So for maths I'm going to do every past paper and go over every topic.

Regarding sciences. I wouldn't bother with the content if you can explain it somebody without looking at the book. Just do the past papers repeatedly. It's the wording of the questions screw you over. That's the key to an A star. I guess.

History is just knowing the stuff and making sure that you know HOW to answer the questions. People just waffle about the topic and put their knowledge to paper without looking at the question.

Drama is just Drama. Don't screw up and you'll get an A star in the practical. You've just got to make yourself look like you are the role rather than looking like your acting. If you know what I mean.

Business is the same as History

Hope that helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest. Once you start doing past papers. You'll realise that it's not all that hard. Make sure you look at the specification and mark scheme to see where you're being awarded marks. If you struggle with English language I recommend that you watch YouTube videos for question 1 to 4 but for 5 and 6 you just need to be as creative as possible. It doesn't matter how weird the **** is. Trust me. I've used music lyrics in a serious matter regarding question 6 and got an A star. For English lit it's kind of the same. Just make sure you have your own view of the poem. Individuality will get you an A star in English lit. Memorising facts about the poem will get you an A if you're luck. Hope that helped as well. If you struggle within French or a language I wouldn't recommend watching movies because that's kind of lame and your gaining vocabulary that you don't need to know. If you just do the past papers you'll see what kind of vocab comes up and use the vocab list on the examining boards website. Hope that helped aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Right. So. I usually get Bs that are off 1 mark an A without revision. With a day's worth of revision I usually get an A or if I'm lucky an A star. Personally speaking, it really depends on the subject and how you are doing in it already. For instance, English lit and Lang exams are like doing a list minute piece of homework for me. I always get an A star in them. Due to me already being on an A star for French. I usually just fluke it because it's just using class knowledge. I usually get an A and a B for the reading and listening. It equates to an A star overall so i guess it's okay.

However, maths is something I definitely need to revise for. I've never revised for a maths exam and I've never gotten above a B. So for maths I'm going to do every past paper and go over every topic.

Regarding sciences. I wouldn't bother with the content if you can explain it somebody without looking at the book. Just do the past papers repeatedly. It's the wording of the questions screw you over. That's the key to an A star. I guess.

History is just knowing the stuff and making sure that you know HOW to answer the questions. People just waffle about the topic and put their knowledge to paper without looking at the question.

Drama is just Drama. Don't screw up and you'll get an A star in the practical. You've just got to make yourself look like you are the role rather than looking like your acting. If you know what I mean.

Business is the same as History

Hope that helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest. Once you start doing past papers. You'll realise that it's not all that hard. Make sure you look at the specification and mark scheme to see where you're being awarded marks. If you struggle with English language I recommend that you watch YouTube videos for question 1 to 4 but for 5 and 6 you just need to be as creative as possible. It doesn't matter how weird the **** is. Trust me. I've used music lyrics in a serious matter regarding question 6 and got an A star. For English lit it's kind of the same. Just make sure you have your own view of the poem. Individuality will get you an A star in English lit. Memorising facts about the poem will get you an A if you're luck. Hope that helped as well. If you struggle within French or a language I wouldn't recommend watching movies because that's kind of lame and your gaining vocabulary that you don't need to know. If you just do the past papers you'll see what kind of vocab comes up and use the vocab list on the examining boards website. Hope that helped aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wowwee thank you for all this - I really appreciate your help and I completely get what you mean about past papers especially for science. I have done a biology paper this morning and it the questions that are rubbish - I know all the content but the question doesn't ask for the answer it wants - so I need to get practising them.

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Wowwee thank you for all this - I really appreciate your help and I completely get what you mean about past papers especially for science. I have done a biology paper this morning and it the questions that are rubbish - I know all the content but the question doesn't ask for the answer it wants - so I need to get practising them.

Thanks again
    That's exactly what I meant for science. Once you get an idea of their tricks you just answer the question with just a glance of what it's asking you. Rather than reading the question loads of times and thinking if this is how it all ends. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the November English language exam aqa 2015 ?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.