Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayP454)
    what was the answer to the MSQ about the the tube containing a 'cytoplasm' of amylase and starch and 'extracellular fluid'?
    I forgot what letter it was but it was the one with no ticks for the biuret test
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Simbak6)
    The last question was about mass flow during translocation within plants using the plants vascular system? 4 or 5 marks i cannot remember.

For this q, firstly i said that the plants vascular system is the phloem and xylem vessels then i wrote about translocation and active loading how H+ ions are pumped out, brought back in with sucrose through co-transporter proteins and then diffuse through plasmodesmata into the phloem. Here the hydro-static pressure continues to build up until the sucrose is pushed from an area of high pressure to low pressure. Mass flow is the movement of assimilates such as sucrose in the phloem.

I know i probably overwrote it with some unneeded points but i was too worried about missing something out because ocr have vague questions and super specific mark schemes. In hindsight i think I should have mentioned how the water potential in the phloem drops and water moves in via osmosis.
    What did you guys write??
    Wasn't that 3 marks?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by indrx__)
    For the MSQ about kingdom domains did anyone get the one with Archea? Also what did people write about the question for respiring tissues on the dissociation curve question?
    Yep, what was the respiring tissues one again? and bohr effect apparently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torilee)
    I wrote about the difference in hydrostatic pressure between the source and sink, so the sap moves down the pressure gradient. I'm pretty sure that sucrose moving into the phloem at the source decreases the water potential, so net osmosis is into the phloem and the hydrostatic pressure increases. Then at the sink, sucrose moves into the surrounding tissues, water potential decreases and hydrostatic pressure decreases too, creating a pressure gradient, etc. etc.
    Don't know if that's right, though It's probably not tbh
    Yes this is pretty much what I put, but totally forgot to use 'hydrostatic' I just wrote pressure

ReputationRep:
    awnser to the plasmodium question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    What did everyone get for the cofactor table question?
    What were the awnsers like i cant rmbr🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayP454)
    what was the answer to the MSQ about the the tube containing a 'cytoplasm' of amylase and starch and 'extracellular fluid'?
    I think it was the one where the Buiret test had a tick because amylase is an enzyme which obviously is made of protein
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    What did everyone write for the structure of blood vessel question?

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the MSQ with a table of two different fields and the possible answers were about Simpsons index, species evenness and species richness? I think I guessed Simpsons index was greater in field G but it didn't make sense to me as a thought simpsons index was a measure of diversity?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Therealbro)
    I think it was the one where the Buiret test had a tick because amylase is an enzyme which obviously is made of protein
    I put C down? Is that the one🤔

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the awnser to that weird ass plasmodium and erythrocrytes question was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indrx__)
    What did people get for the MSQ with a table of two different fields and the possible answers were about Simpsons index, species evenness and species richness? I think I guessed Simpsons index was greater in field G but it didn't make sense to me as a thought simpsons index was a measure of diversity?!
    I put species evenness for field G..

ReputationRep:
    That the Tunica Externa/Media aren't present in the capillary and the fenestrations allow for diffusion of oxygen into the tissues.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by nadeu01)
    I can't remember either but it was combinations of Zn+, Zn2+, Cl- etc

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea its correct but i put down about how arteries have high blood pressure flowing through it and stuff bout how capilliaries had a short diffusion pathway and veins have deoxygenated blood.. Didnt ovbs write it like that but around them points 🤔

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember either but it was combinations of Zn+, Zn2+, Cl- etc
    Erm zn+ and cl-, thats what i put down..

ReputationRep:
    Yep, what was the respiring tissues one again? and bohr effect apparently!
    *sigh* when u write bohr and then cross it out and write conformational cuz it said change in the question *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    The answer was either Cl2- and Zn+ OR Cl- and Zn2+.
    I wrote the Cl2+ and Zn+ but many people who said they found the test quite good sounded extremely confident that it was the Cl- one so i got it wrong

ReputationRep:
    Erm zn+ and cl-, thats what i put down..
    Answer should have been Cl- for amylase ( left side ). And Zn+2 for the cofactors- if you hadn't read the specification you wouldn't have known. Really :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmb28)
    Answer should have been Cl- for amylase ( left side ). And Zn+2 for the cofactors- if you hadn't read the specification you wouldn't have known. Really :/
    CGP revision guide states it quite clearly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.