Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    did anybody apply for Accounting and Finance?

ReputationRep:
    Any replies.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friend got rejection for A&F from LSE yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How long into the 8 week period?

ReputationRep:
    What was the reason for the rejection?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What were his predicted a level and gcse grades like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexwwg)
    Its fine! Quite a few of my friends that applied on the 15th have not received the 8 weeks email yet. Good luck with your application anyway!
    I applied 11th October no 8 week yet , only received my initial assessment email 4 days ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoahMal)
    I applied 11th October no 8 week yet , only received my initial assessment email 4 days ago
    You mind telling me which course you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected even before the 8 weeks mail for IR haha
    I'm from the EU and I got predicted 19.5/20 in the French baccalaureate so that would be the equivalent of A*A*A*.
    My personal statement got reviewed by a former Oxford Admission Selector so I'm quite sure it's a strong one.
    The reason for my rejection was apparently "a not convincing enough" personal statement.

But my school sent many students to Oxbridge and never to LSE. The teachers are convinced that it is because we don't fit a certain profile that they are looking for. LSE even rejected a girl from my school who got 20.6/20 at the end of the year (only 10 students out of 1 million per year in France get more than 20), and she ended up in Harvard. Just to be sure, I DON'T believe in the rumor according to which LSE rejects students applying before mid October (that's my case) because they would be applying to Oxbridge (quite a strong rumor around here).

And don't get me wrong! LSE is an excellent university and who ever got admitted to it truly deserved it! It's really competitive but it's because of its excellence.
    Some of us just don't fit a certain profile LSE is looking for, so if you got rejected, don't worry you'll still end up in some great university I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math12017)
    What was the reason for the rejection?
    Weak PS was their reason (As usual)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indvolda)
    Got rejected even before the 8 weeks mail for IR haha
    I'm from the EU and I got predicted 19.5/20 in the French baccalaureate so that would be the equivalent of A*A*A*.
    My personal statement got reviewed by a former Oxford Admission Selector so I'm quite sure it's a strong one.
    The reason for my rejection was apparently "a not convincing enough" personal statement.

But my school sent many students to Oxbridge and never to LSE. The teachers are convinced that it is because we don't fit a certain profile that they are looking for. LSE even rejected a girl from my school who got 20.6/20 at the end of the year (only 10 students out of 1 million per year in France get more than 20), and she ended up in Harvard. Just to be sure, I DON'T believe in the rumor according to which LSE rejects students applying before mid October (that's my case) because they would be applying to Oxbridge (quite a strong rumor around here).

And don't get me wrong! LSE is an excellent university and who ever got admitted to it truly deserved it! It's really competitive but it's because of its excellence.
    Some of us just don't fit a certain profile LSE is looking for, so if you got rejected, don't worry you'll still end up in some great university I'm sure
    I'm sorry to hear that! Your grades are amazing, though, well done! I'm sure you'll end up at an excellent university

What would say the LSE profile is?

ReputationRep:
    LSE even rejected a girl from my school who got 20.6/20 at the end of the year (only 10 students out of 1 million per year in France get more than 20), and she ended up in Harvard.
    How can someone get more than 20 if it is out of 20? Is it something to do with grade boundaries? I have never heard of such thing, thats why I am curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fyrebirds)
    I'm sorry to hear that! Your grades are amazing, though, well done! I'm sure you'll end up at an excellent university

What would say the LSE profile is?
    You know what I got selected for further assessment a few days ago!

I don't think that my personal statement is amazing/strong. The only extra curricular achievement I had written is that I am top writer on quora in 4 topics. My personal statement was like how my interest grew up in the field of economics and finance. I didn't even mentioned any books I read and the first paragraph was about gaming and how it has influenced me to major in this subject.

You have an amazing grades tbh. I am predicted with 5 A1 (Indian applicant ). You will get into a better place than LSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    How can someone get more than 20 if it is out of 20? Is it something to do with grade boundaries? I have never heard of such thing, thats why I am curious
    Same here. I guess she meant to write 20 or 20.6 which we have misinterpreted😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I guess she meant to write 20 or 20.6 which we have misinterpreted😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No no in France, if you take many electives and if you get twenty out of 20 in all subjects (we have like 12 subjects then) you can have more than 20, because of the coefficients and the average which has to take the coefficients into account then, and also the fact that points in elective subjects add up but the total won't be divided with "one more subject" But only 10 or 15 students achieve that (getting more than the maximal grade) among 950 000.

I don't know what LSE is looking for, to be honest. But I don't think it's true when they say the PS wasn't strong enough. If it's good enough to get into Oxbridge and to be accepted to Ivy Leagues School when recycling it, I suppose it's good enough for LSE .

Many of my teachers think (not sure though) that it's because we have many subjects in the French system, but we don't really specialize in anything. I do further maths, etc, but I also have 4 hours of Geography and History, 3 hours of English and 3 of German, 4 of philosophy, and the rest is for sciences but we don't have much time then.

But anyway, congrats on being accepted if you are! LSE is so challenging, you certainly are amazing then

ReputationRep:
    No no in France, if you take many electives and if you get twenty out of 20 in all subjects (we have like 12 subjects then) you can have more than 20, because of the coefficients and the average which has to take the coefficients into account then, and also the fact that points in elective subjects add up but the total won't be divided with "one more subject" But only 10 or 15 students achieve that (getting more than the maximal grade) among 950 000.

I don't know what LSE is looking for, to be honest. But I don't think it's true when they say the PS wasn't strong enough. If it's good enough to get into Oxbridge and to be accepted to Ivy Leagues School when recycling it, I suppose it's good enough for LSE .

Many of my teachers think (not sure though) that it's because we have many subjects in the French system, but we don't really specialize in anything. I do further maths, etc, but I also have 4 hours of Geography and History, 3 hours of English and 3 of German, 4 of philosophy, and the rest is for sciences but we don't have much time then.

But anyway, congrats on being accepted if you are! LSE is so challenging, you certainly are amazing then
    I am not accepted till now, they have asked me to take a test which is on March 7th(It's Mandatory for international applicants and the EU applicants except UK and Ireland). Thanks for the info . I have Physics,Chemistry,Math,Computer Science and English as my subjects. Btw have you applied to Oxbridge? If so which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am not accepted till now, they have asked me to take a test which is on March 7th(It's Mandatory for international applicants and the EU applicants except UK and Ireland). Thanks for the info . I have Physics,Chemistry,Math,Computer Science and English as my subjects. Btw have you applied to Oxbridge? If so which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You look so motivated, I could swear you have all chances Yeah I didn't want at first because I'm really scared of Oxbridge. I mean, come on, Cambridge. When you're from the EU, it's almost like Cambridge (Oxford) sounds like "you'll die because of workload". (Let's be honest, LSE as well). But I told myself "come on let's try", so now I'm applying for HSPS I'd love to get into Cam but I think I'd be more successful at Edinburgh where I've applied as well.

But does it mean you won't receive a decision before March 7th?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did they ask you to do the test? Was it with the 8-week email?

ReputationRep:
    It was in my further assessment mail with other applicants. They have mentioned it at the end of the email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.