The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverFrench)
    This is my Timetable I've scribbled bits out for privacy reasons. Monday is a nice day
    En is English lit
    RS is religious studies
    Hi is history
    Ga is p.e ( I don't take p.e it's complusory at my school) Attachment 579410
    Your timetable seems alright, tbh I haven't really seen anyone with a "bad" timetable.

Why do you still have to do PE
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Most of my frees are last period, which is a gift/curse. What if you've done all you're homework over the weekend? :mmm:

Ikr!! I didn't think I had been given that much but this weekend I wrote out everything and wow... Do you get homework in every lesson too?

I'm feeling a little jealous. Discounts!! When do you start?
    Then I eat/hang out/sleep in the common room

Yep I got two English essays, one for French and Economics then a worksheet for history.

:lol: It's great, especially considering Topshop is quite expensive
    I start in two weeks because I told them I want to settle into a routine and that I'm not overwhelmed with with work and school and other stuff:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    Your timetable seems alright, tbh I haven't really seen anyone with a "bad" timetable.

Then I eat/hang out/sleep in the common room

Yep I got two English essays, one for French and Economics then a worksheet for history.

:lol: It's great, especially considering Topshop is quite expensive
    I start in two weeks because I told them I want to settle into a routine and that I'm not overwhelmed with with work and school and other stuff:yep:
    I love my timetable except the triple free on a Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    It hurt me just seeing girls around me screaming "Ooooh I got A*s!"
    well.............you know what you have to do, right?

you gotta show 'em

these GCSE gals

they got nothing on your A Level skills

get those A*'s and rein your superiority on them

...................i believe in you

............................do it

ReputationRep:
    I love my timetable except the triple free on a Friday
    you don't like frees?

free stands for freedom. of lessons. of learning.

a beautiful thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStarDust_)
    you don't like frees?

free stands for freedom. of lessons. of learning.

a beautiful thing.
    I like My frees just a triple free drags. I do my work in my frees

ReputationRep:
    I like My frees just a triple free drags. I do my work in my frees
    clever.

verryyy clever.

doing work in frees must mean you have more time at home.

I approve of your methods

now I understand why you may dislikes frees

ReputationRep:
    well.............you know what you have to do, right?

you gotta show 'em

these GCSE gals

they got nothing on your A Level skills

get those A*'s and rein your superiority on them

...................i believe in you

............................do it
    We shall do it together! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    We shall do it together! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    we shall motivate each other until the end of time

i'm ready for this, friend

I hope you are too.

ReputationRep:
    clever.

verryyy clever.

doing work in frees must mean you have more time at home.

I approve of your methods

now I understand why you may dislikes frees
    Might as well do my work seen as I have 11 frees per week. I like my frees just except my triple free. And no I'm at a private boarding school so you have 'prep time' which is time to do your homework so from 6:30-8:30 I'm working

ReputationRep:
    oh..........
    I can relate..........

.....all those C's and B's on that one piece of paper......they hurt......

I feel your pain, my friend. I feel it.
    They really do hurt don't they! 1 D on mine too. Let's just say I was in the biggest crying state out of anyone at my school. But my parents 'you got what you need, so proud of you' that annoys me so much! I'm not proud of me, I don't need their patronising pride

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I started back Wednesday and got set homework I've being set homework all this week at least 4 pieces a day. It's alevels some take to them quickly some don't it takes time. Theres a lot of negativity on this thread because people are giving lessons/schools time, speak to your teachers having a good relationship with them is crucial tell them there going a lil too fast. Go home go over your notes or in your frees speak to classmates and go over the work
    I'll definitely mention if I don't understand something from now on, thanks. Luckily, I'm not behind as I managed to learn what I didn't know as well as doing all my homework for tomorrow. Do you recommend doing rough notes in class and making them neater later, which I'm doing at the moment, or making notes in lessons and just revising off that? The method I use is kind of time consuming, but my handwrighting is slow and sloppy in lessons, so I won't get everything down neatly if I just make a rough copy of notes and stick to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    I'll definitely mention if I don't understand something from now on, thanks. Luckily, I'm not behind as I managed to learn what I didn't know as well as doing all my homework for tomorrow. Do you recommend doing rough notes in class and making them neater later, which I'm doing at the moment, or making notes in lessons and just revising off that? The method I use is kind of time consuming, but my handwrighting is slow and sloppy in lessons, so I won't get everything down neatly if I just make a rough copy of notes and stick to that.
    It's whatever works for you xx personally I love colour so all my notes I make in class are neat and colourful and then when I need to revise I condense my notes down nearer the time. But I'm in a class of average 9 or 10 so I have the time to make neat notes xx

ReputationRep:
    It's whatever works for you xx personally I love colour so all my notes I make in class are neat and colourful and then when I need to revise I condense my notes down nearer the time. But I'm in a class of average 9 or 10 so I have the time to make neat notes xx
    All my classes have at least 15 people so I don't really have the time. I'm thinking on working on my writing speed as well as my handwrighting. It would make everything much easier if I did so, but I've been writing like this for years and I'm not sure if I want to change now. For maths, I doubt that I'm going to need to re-do notes so at least there's a silver lining in there somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    All my classes have at least 15 people so I don't really have the time. I'm thinking on working on my writing speed as well as my handwrighting. It would make everything much easier if I did so, but I've been writing like this for years and I'm not sure if I want to change now. For maths, I doubt that I'm going to need to re-do notes so at least there's a silver lining in there somewhere.
    You'll figure it out xx

ReputationRep:
    But I'm in a class of average 9 or 10 so I have the time to make neat notes xx
    don't understand this, could you elaborate? i wish i could make neat notes in class, we go way too quickly for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    don't understand this, could you elaborate? i wish i could make neat notes in class, we go way too quickly for that
    What it says I'm In small class sizes and I have more teaching time per subject as my school day doesn't finish till 5;15 so the pace of the class goes much slower and the class work is tailored to all our needs so teachers know who's a slow writer etc so cater for us, just perks of being in an independent school

ReputationRep:
    Eid Mubarak all.
    And curses on anyone who decided to go in after prayer.

ReputationRep:
    Doing Biology, Chemistry, History and Psychology but lots of people in my year are doing three so I'm thinking of dropping psychology as I don't want to be overloaded with work. Can I have someone's opinion like will I be at a disadvantage of taking only these 3 a levels?? I would rather focus on 3 rather than 4 as I was going to drop one at the end of AS anyway... Also would it look better to do Biology rather than psychology?

ReputationRep:
    Had my first day and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had drama and we got to know each other, teacher was great! Art we started an A1 sized portrait of ourselves in charcoal and that was fun. Overall good day apart from being told to come in for mandatory study skills then being told it's cancelled

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll figure it out xx
    Had a great day relative to all of my other days now. I think I enjoy my new school now . Hopefully it's like this for the rest of the 2 years.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.