Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Of course you would, as its the answer :dontknow:
    Sorry, I misread it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    What's wrong with that? No need to tire themselves out for Wednesday.
    And Owen playing on for 70 mins helps? After being injured and being injury prone why didnt he come off at half-time. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leavis2)
    He's also one of the few England players who can take men on- that can be key in certain games. Bentley isn't as good a dribbler as him.
    He cant really, he just runs up to a player, does a stepover and passes sideways most of the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAMP)
    And Owen playing on for 70 mins helps? After being injured and being injury prone why didnt he come off at half-time. Idiot.
    So he can play with Rooney more. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    This run of successive 3-0 wins has alleviated the pressure on McClaren. I firmly believe in credit where credits due, and you have to, to some extent, give McClaren credit for the recent results & performances, regardless of opposition.

However, i just think he's been a very fortunate manager. No doubt that Beckham and Lampard would have played in place of SWP and Barry- who have been amongst our best performers- had they not been injured.

Anyone agree with me? Or is this harsh on McClaren, who has done well to improve performances regardless of personnel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
    So he can play with Rooney more. Idiot.
    Right, that makes sense. Owen playing 25 mins more after England are already 3-0 up just so he can play "more" with Rooney. Super lol at you. Anyway, England are over-rated. I've given up on them i'm afraid. Teams like Germany have been through transition also and they look much more superior than any England outfit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    He cant really, he just runs up to a player, does a stepover and passes sideways most of the time
    Do you just go through all my posts and try to pick holes in them? Seriously. WUM.

He's got to be the best dribbler in the England camp. He penetrated the, albeit weak, Estonian defence quite a few times today. In all games he's played he's always taken players on. Under-rated by quite a few people it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAMP)
    Right, that makes sense. Owen playing 25 mins more after England are already 3-0 up just so he can play "more" with Rooney. Super lol at you. Anyway, England are over-rated. I've given up on them i'm afraid. Teams like Germany have been through transition also and they look much more superior than any England outfit.
    Who cares if they are apparently over rated or not, you dont stop supporting a team because they arnt living up to ur expectations:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    Being the best dribbler in england camp isn't exactly an achievement. :p:
    If I'm honest about him I think he does too much tricks and is too selfish.
    I guess your talking about Cole as i havnt read the other pages, if you are then i agree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfc4life)
    Being the best dribbler in england camp isn't exactly an achievement. :p:
    It is when you're talking about who should be playing for England.

ReputationRep:
    Joe Cole should be playing on the right and Downing on the left. You saw the balance having a left peg who could do a job in midfield made, and Owen playing with someone who suits his style. McClaren should go the whole hog and stick Downing left and Joe Cole right.

ReputationRep:
    Do you just go through all my posts and try to pick holes in them? Seriously. WUM.
    No ive always said the same thing about Cole....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewy!)
    Joe Cole should be playing on the right and Downing on the left. You saw the balance having a left peg who could do a job in midfield made, and Owen playing with someone who suits his style. McClaren should go the whole hog and stick Downing left and Joe Cole right.
    Downing is crap which is why Cole wont go on the right lol

ReputationRep:
    As much as I agree balance would be great and it's something we miss, Downing isnt the answer. A very average footballer imo who has looked miles out of his depth whenever he's played for England

ReputationRep:
    Who cares if they are apparently over rated or not, you dont stop supporting a team because they arnt living up to ur expectations:rolleyes:
    its not apparently, they ARE over-rated and i do support them for some weird reason. It's just annoying, maybe their style of football is not used to what im seeing at Arsenal. Thing is, it's not effective either, they're just plain ****.

ReputationRep:
    Downing is ****.

Sorry, not very eloquent but not much more needs to be said.

ReputationRep:
    However, i just think he's been a very fortunate manager. No doubt that Beckham and Lampard would have played in place of SWP and Barry- who have been amongst our best performers- had they not been injured.

Anyone agree with me? Or is this harsh on McClaren, who has done well to improve performances regardless of personnel?
    Lampard was benched on performance, not injury. Personally, if Beckham had any decent form I would start him. SWP does OK and has a couple of goals, but im still not convinced.

ReputationRep:
    Downing is crap which is why Cole wont go on the right lol
    Downing is England's best left winger - like it or lump it. Joe Cole just faffs around being selfish all game rarely with any useful contribution. I feel he'd be far better deployed on the right. England played no real wingers today and suffered for it. Yes, 3 goals, but they were 3 horrible bumbly goals - England definitely deserved to win, but the manner they went about it was embarassing. if we play like that in Russia - game over.

ReputationRep:
    This run of successive 3-0 wins has alleviated the pressure on McClaren. I firmly believe in credit where credits due, and you have to, to some extent, give McClaren credit for the recent results & performances, regardless of opposition.

He deserves some credit, the performances have been alot better, alltho i think Beckham would start over SWP if he wasnt injured, SWP doesnt have great control on the ball and no1 can cross like Beckham

ReputationRep:
    Downing is England's best left winger - like it or lump it. Joe Cole just faffs around being selfish all game rarely with any useful contribution. I feel he'd be far better deployed on the right. England played no real wingers today and suffered for it. Yes, 3 goals, but they were 3 horrible bumbly goals - England definitely deserved to win, but the manner they went about it was embarassing. if we play like that in Russia - game over.
    I think even Barry on left wing and Hargreaves in the middle is better than Downing on the left.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.