• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    i quite liked this weeks episode as well it was an interesting story and there was actually someone in it who could act: Carey Mulligan
    and Captain Jack's back next week

ReputationRep:
    I thought this episode was very impressive, the weeping angels were genuinely creepy and it kept me guessing all the way through to what exactly was going on. Another great episode from Moffat.

The last 2 weeks have been anything but crap - the ebst there has been. The the Shakespear Code was excellent too.
    Agreed

It should've been made as a one-off drama
    I think it would've been dreadful as a one-off drama, it was a Doctor Who show through and through whether the doctor featured heavily in it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Meh it was ok, cant wait for next week though, come on Captain Jack!

ReputationRep:
    how much of the epp hade the dr in say 40% in the other epps there been more on the Dr and marther the action there was none they could of done better in my eyes a lot
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Truely amazing epsidoe - one opf the ebst of the new series. That makes the last three epuisodes now in to my top 5/6 sicne the start of the new series'.

A great concept. Great new characetrs introduced. Truely scarey monster - something we see every day around us.

Loved Salyl too (and Miss and Mr Nightigale - can't remember their names). Any of the 3 of them would be great to see again - that is what makes the best episodes of Doctor who - great supporting chaaracters which you warm to quickly and want to see again - every one of my top episodes have at least one such character.

ReputationRep:
    The weeping angels scared the crap out of me. I hate statues!!! The bit at the end did make it a bit cheesy though, but I guess it'd work well for kids. When I go out tomorrow I'm gonna look and see if I can see any kids who aren't blinking.

ReputationRep:
    A great big MEH! They were really hyping this one up, being the 'scariest episode so far' but i was much more scared at The Empty Child. Yes the statues were creepy, and i probably will look twice at any statue i go near now (thanks very much Stephen Moffat!), but it really wasnt very good i didn't think.

I didn't quite get the whole 'they send you back to the past and you die from living' thing with the Angels, however creepy they were.

One good thing about this episode was the ending, LOVED IT! Very clever (especially the lightbulb bit), even if it didn't quite make sense that the Tardis didn't take Sally and that dude with it.

Also loved the Doctor's explanation of time travel 'wibbly wobbly timesy thing'

Cant wait for next ep, Captain Jack!!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I was fine while it was light outside, but sicne it';s started dropping dark and shadows are apeparing I'm a little one edge now as if there is something there...

I'm at with my back to middle of the room to anything could sneek up behind me, any statue could be there....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the sand man)
    todays one i think has been the wosed epp in the last 3 years it was terible
    You are kidding right?

Todays episode was fantastic. I loved the whole concept of it, with the DVD's with all the gaps in them and the wheeping angels. Liked the endding where they basically say that every statue in the world is a wheeping angel.

ReputationRep:
    Great episode. Such clever writing. I loved the whole DVD easter egg thing and I think it would be really clever if they ended up putting the Doctor Easter Egg clip as an easter egg on whichever DVD ends up having this episode on it.

And yeah Sally was awesome. I'd love to see her return! Maybe as a companion...?

ReputationRep:
    Also enjoyed tonights episode.

Quite different, but enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hev456)
    I didn't quite get the whole 'they send you back to the past and you die from living' thing with the Angels, however creepy they were.
    I think what they meant with that was if they sent say a 40 year old man back to 1969 they would in effect live and be 78 in the current 2007 instead of 40. And thus they die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    The weeping angels scared the crap out of me. I hate statues!!! The bit at the end did make it a bit cheesy though, but I guess it'd work well for kids. When I go out tomorrow I'm gonna look and see if I can see any kids who aren't blinking.
    lmfao.. me and my younger bros and sis, i'm a sucker for that kinda stuff i had a heart attack when the guy first turned away lol i thought it would be some minor thing gawd i think im gonna have nightmares tonight godamn

ReputationRep:
    Okay watching the episode at 4 pm in the afternoon does not do it justice. But its sooo good I can't stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adlondo)
    i had a heart attack when the guy first turned away
    My God, I nearly screamed at that point. I thought it was just going to be in front of them, not with it's hands away from its face looking like that... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Original post by megx)
    Okay watching the episode at 4 pm in the afternoon does not do it justice. But its sooo good I can't stop.
    I watched it at 11pm. And was terrified. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i cant believe anyone would say this wasnt one of the best yet.

i thought it was absolutely fantastic.

along with the empty child one its my favourite ever episode.

ReputationRep:
    i knew that tonights episode would be slightly different. I was expecting something like "love & Monsters" from last season, so I plonked myself in front of the TV expecting a crap episode.

It was actually a fairly good episode, and given that the doctor and martha had about 2 minutes of screen time, it was bloody good. it kept me enthralled, anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, it was a good episode considering the little screen time given to the Doctor. Next week's looks very good.

ReputationRep:
    Slight hole in the plot.... :p:

How could the angels know when to move on their victim if they could not look when someone was watching them...

how could they tell if someone blinked if they weren't watching them??

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they detect it in some other way.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.