McCain vs. Obama Watch

meercatman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by loafer)
yeah theres a name for that phenomenon ninja.

there was a case in california i think some time back where there was a black candidate running for an office against other white candidates, according to polls before and exit polls (which are usually quite reliable) the black guy won by a huge margin, but when the actual votes came out it was revealed that lots of voters said they were voting for him but in reality chose one of the white candidates - and he obviously lost. thats off the top of my head so could be inaccurate but its the gist

dont hav time to find the case now but its on internet somewhere im sure
I think I've heard of that aswell... It's the Bradley Effect I think
Martyn*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by griffiths_jay)
I don't see what you're trying to prove by saying that?
Didn't "God" tell him to invade Iraq?
yawn
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Martyn*)
Didn't "God" tell him to invade Iraq?
No, that was the BBC's spin on a conversation between Bush and Nabil Shaath. Not even the latter believed that is what Bush was saying.

Nabil Shaath said he and other world leaders at a Jordan summit two years ago did not believe Mr Bush thought God had given him a personal message.
There was a lot of debate and conjecture in the media at the time so I have to ask you; why do you choose to believe that it was as spun by the BBC? :confused:
Hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like Obama's diplomatic side, though I think Hillary would have been better for the US.
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Made in the USA)
why does everything have to always be able skin color? If Obama loses (which seems very unlikely) it will be because he is the most radical and inexperienced politician to run for president in US history
Nobody said that. Skin colour is a factor. It just is. Whoever says otherwise doesn't live on the planet we call Earth.

(Original post by loafer)
yeah theres a name for that phenomenon ninja.

there was a case in california i think some time back where there was a black candidate running for an office against other white candidates, according to polls before and exit polls (which are usually quite reliable) the black guy won by a huge margin, but when the actual votes came out it was revealed that lots of voters said they were voting for him but in reality chose one of the white candidates - and he obviously lost. thats off the top of my head so could be inaccurate but its the gist

dont hav time to find the case now but its on internet somewhere im sure
That sounds very interesting indeed. Thanks for the link meercatman.
Goddess Fury
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1729367.ece
nolongerhearthemusic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Obama obv.
Devel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd go with Obama just because of Palin, I do think McCain would make a great president but Palin has destroyed him. However the Americans love her, so it could go either way.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I personally wouldn't mind john stewert...lol that man has a weird sexual energy around him, i wouldn't mind him in my bed right now atleast, yet alone president..
faber niger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Obama. What's to debate?
moneyfaery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jismith1989)
Obama. What's to debate?
Why people like Palin despite how unsuited she is for the job. Hockey mum, ex-beauty queen runner up, religious fanatic, conservative are not attributes associated with being fit to run as VP.
faber niger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by moneyfaery)
Why people like Palin despite how unsuited she is for the job. Hockey mum, ex-beauty queen runner up, religious fanatic, conservative are not attributes associated with being fit to run as VP.
Middle Americans are ignorant. Next question. :p:
Devel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Religious Fanatic - More people see religion important there than here
Conservative - Republican
Hockey Mum - Relates to some of Americans
Ex-Beauty Queen - Unimportant

I dont think shes qualified by a long shot but those points aren't the reasons why.
moneyfaery
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Devel)
Religious Fanatic - More people see religion important there than here
Conservative - Republican
Hockey Mum - Relates to some of Americans
Ex-Beauty Queen - Unimportant

I dont think shes qualified by a long shot but those points aren't the reasons why.
On another forum, I asked how people could possibly like Palin, and the types of answers I got back were "I like how she's a conservative!", "She's a strong woman speaker!", "she's different from the other candidates" etc etc.

And whenever I criticize her, my dad goes "But but but she's an ex-beauty queen! Like, SHUT UP :shifty:
Devel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
On another forum, I asked how people could possibly like Palin, and the types of answers I got back were "I like how she's a conservative!", "She's a strong woman speaker!", "she's different from the other candidates" etc etc.

And whenever I criticize her, my dad goes "But but but she's an ex-beauty queen! Like, SHUT UP :shifty:
You had your answer then.
TommyWannabe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If McCain and Palin win, then that is the truth.

When the winner gets announced, if it is old father time and the hockey mom, the whole of europe is going to breath a huge sigh in a collective 'God-dammit america.'
D-Day
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I cared I'd resent that.
Peridot_1234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What i dont understand is how Palin can say she has foreign experience because Alaska is bordered with Russia and Canada??
Wobbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wobbles)
1) Learn to spell.
2) Learn basic grammar rules.
3) Learn more about the world. What you just posted is a load of BS.
Wow, I actually got neg-rep for this. And the wimp didn't even leave his name, just "ill teach your mum to spell you little thick edinburgh *******!". A bit ironic, considering the bad grammar...
Nu Ordah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you openly declare a preference for McCain then you are a ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1334)
79.69%
Leave (340)
20.31%

Watched Threads