Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In retrospect, asking a girl in a club if she is wearing fancy dress is probably one of my riskier opening lines.

ReputationRep:
    Don't **** with sea turtles.

ReputationRep:
    Lost scanning roulette today. Balls. Angry FEO email expected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    *deleted pic*
    Jelly fish are slippery beasts, and I know we both agree, they must be... dealt with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alanine)
    Oh dear gosh, I just loaded up my MRI images then freaked out and closed the screen.
    Tempted to just post them in the TSR doctor forum with a poll attached.............
    You had an MRI and you see something on it that you don't think should be there? Or is there a report attached? Did nobody talk to you first?

Either way, you'll not get much sense out of us, you need to speak to the person who referred you for the scan about the results and the implications of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Who knew there was a neuron specific for Halle Berry? Amazing!
    bloody grandmother neurones... too much complexity
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Got a "Good" in my first SSC :party:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Got a "Good" in my first SSC :party:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :woo:
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Lol 21st - 24th I think - then my friend is coming down from glasgow on new years (this is all very tentative haha).

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know whether you can cite reviews when writing reviews? or would you have to trace back to the original experiment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    does anyone know whether you can cite reviews when writing reviews? or would you have to trace back to the original experiment?
    I think technically you can, but it depends. If you're going to do it, do it very sparingly, and use it for general points. If you're referencing a specific cited claim from a review, you really should cite the original paper.

In general, referencing reviews should be avoided for the most part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    You can, but if it's a review on a similar topic I tend to just glance through the abstracts of everything they've cited and reference those that look relevant - massively bulks up your ref count and you've only properly read one paper!

ReputationRep:
    1. Get to placement for 8am
    2. Find out half of list is cancelled.
    3. Leave at 10.50am
    4. Get into my onesie and watch Hostel part III.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    What?!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Got a distinction in anatomy :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah passed the placement with an exceptional

Mess party time.

ReputationRep:
    Time to start going through the impossible task of 100 lectures x 50 slides each (approx) in time for next months formative
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishman129)
    Time to start going through the impossible task of 100 lectures x 50 slides each (approx) in time for next months formative
    :five:

Btw, heard the library is still completely packed so close to holidays at Imperial. True?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishman129)
    How about doing the same amount for an exam that counts towards 40% of the year? :teeth:

I love you Birmingham.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.